This patch is a thing of beauty. <3

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
You guys need to realize how broken leveling was before. This is closer to what it should have always been.

01/18/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Ltque
I hate the patch and don’t want classic nor care about it, so uh... yeah.

Also how do people learn their class any better than before when at low levels you have one or two abilities total? You don’t even get a full rotation until the later levels so your post is flawed there too.

I find most people who post like you are one of two things, sometimes both; a troll, or stupid.

0/10 for ill thought out troll post.

I find most people who post like you are one of two things, sometimes both; a troll, or stupid.

01/18/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Klargus
If you hate leveling so much that you prefer the old style where it was so easy it was mindless and boring. Just buy a boost instead, clearly you dont wanna play the game anyways. Leave the people who want to PLAY the game to actually enjoy it.

Are you RP'ing a cranky persona or did you just not get enough sleep?
I like the patch too.
I'm willing to bed most of the people who dislike this patch started playing WoW in Cata or later with a small few during wrath. This is why they are throwing such a hissy fit since all they have ever known is easy mode casual stuff, thankfully the game is slowly returning to its roots that made it so great to begin with. Less casual stuff plz.
I'm not happy about this patch. Neither is my husband. We don't like the scaling at all. Why must blizz devs keep screwing with us. They want people to spend money but all its doing is causing frustration and a desire to not spend money on their products. Ever since they effed flying I haven't purchased other blizz products or pets/mounts. I love starcraft but won't buy legacy of the void. I won't touch diablo or anything else.
I have noticed that everyone happy about this is a tank and everyone QQing is a non-platey.

It may be that there are a few balance issues here the "cheat mode" was obscuring.
01/18/2018 09:26 PMPosted by Aliandrin
I have noticed that everyone happy about this is a tank and everyone QQing is a non-platey.

It may be that there are a few balance issues here the "cheat mode" was obscuring.

It is a lot easier on a pally than a mage. I did both (DPS spec on the pally) last night and yeah, the mage had some trouble with more than 2 at a time. Paladin could pull 4 and be fine. Or maybe I just really suck at mages.

I dunno, I started in Cata and overall quite like the patch. But I spend more time leveling and fooling around on alts and very little doing endgame content, so maybe that's the real dividing line.
01/18/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Klargus
Agreed. I'm leveling a baby shaman, started patch day. It's been a total blast. I got killed by a named mob, not an elite one, but a normal named mob. WHAT thats awesome.

Doing dungeons, bosses have mechanics now, most of which i was 100% unaware of. People have time to do their rotation and learn their class as they level up.

If you hate leveling so much that you prefer the old style where it was so easy it was mindless and boring. Just buy a boost instead, clearly you dont wanna play the game anyways. Leave the people who want to PLAY the game to actually enjoy it. This change is amazing. It's gonna cause me to level tons of new alts.

I don't wanna play the game because I don't wanna waste time while leveling alts? Well crap, I guess I've been doing it wrong all along. I just tripped and fell into mythic raiding while not intending to play the game. Whoops?
Game breaking lag and fps issues that didn't exist before this patch make it one of the worst patches of any game I have ever played.
01/18/2018 09:21 PMPosted by Dontfightme
I'm willing to bed most of the people who dislike this patch started playing WoW in Cata or later with a small few during wrath. This is why they are throwing such a hissy fit since all they have ever known is easy mode casual stuff, thankfully the game is slowly returning to its roots that made it so great to begin with. Less casual stuff plz.

Wrong for me at least. I have a legacy PvP achievement if you want to armory stalk.

Also how do people learn their class any better than before when at low levels you have one or two abilities total?

>Low level, one or two abilities total.
BAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
Im counting 15-20 abilities + at lvl 46.

You don’t even get a full rotation until the later levels so your post is flawed there too.

Im sorry, wait, no you're serious? The point of a rotation is to become acclimized to it, the longer you level, the more time you familiarize with abilities, the more impactful to the player when they receive them.

We used to in vanilla look forward to abilities, most players by level ten had reviewed all the abilities available with talent points they ever could receive by 60 and thus, look forward to receiving them as a motivator through some of the tough levels that would come. Its nowhere near as hard as it was then, so give me a break, you sound ridiculously entitled.

You are like a baby teething, gnawing at a fork that mama blizzard is feeding you with.

Just eat your babyfood (and level the old fashioned way, quest oriented) and you'll grow big and strong one day little guy.
why everyone keep saying "waow it was a blast@!!11"

parrots saying the same thing trying to make themselves believe?
Also how do people learn their class any better than before when at low levels you have one or two abilities total? You don’t even get a full rotation until the later levels so your post is flawed there too.

There is no flaw. Early leveling isn't about rotations but rather learning core abilities. OP is trying to point out that those who speed level are never placed in a situation where they may need to, for example, interrupt a spell.
01/18/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Callus
Im counting 15-20 abilities + at lvl 46.

Cool, want to list them?
01/18/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Fabala
''vast majority love it'' lol only the vanilla nerds who love extended timesinks for some reason
That's not true. I've asked in every dungeon group I've been in and everyone has said they love it. The forums are not representative of what most people in game think.

There are some other major issues with this patch like, all the legion dungeon bugs, fps issues and maybe some other bugs that are a bit ridiculous and unexpected though.
I personally like the change. I genuinely feel like I'm learning my class in dungeons.

When I start my Nightborne and go through the full process, mapping out the path that I choose to max level, I will feel good at having legitimately earned that heritage set.
I'm loving it too. I just started Northern Strangle Thorn Vale on a Pvp server and can already tell there are going to be some intense moments.

It's so cool questing and grinding with so many people now!
No one has cc'd anything in any level of content since WotLK was current. Yet every post praising this new patch conspicuously mentions the need for cc. Seems suspicious to me.

You get your new abilities one at a time, and each feels valuable when you get it. You find ways to use it immediately, because it is useful while leveling, and by the time you get another ability, you've learned to make the most of previous one. That is how the game was meant to work, and that's what's been missing for the past couple of years.
01/18/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Ahnknu
I'm not happy about this patch. Neither is my husband. We don't like the scaling at all. Why must blizz devs keep screwing with us. They want people to spend money but all its doing is causing frustration and a desire to not spend money on their products. Ever since they effed flying I haven't purchased other blizz products or pets/mounts. I love starcraft but won't buy legacy of the void. I won't touch diablo or anything else.
If the flying issue had already convinced you to not buy Blizz products, the patch doesn't really matter for you, right?