Tier Two Models

Classic Discussion
01/22/2018 10:59 PMPosted by Harland
01/22/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Logosh

Purists can be trolls too.

Some folks have strong opinions; not always a troll.

Sounds like you'd be a fan of transmog.
01/22/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Lagspike
You're probably the kind of masochist that doesn't want linked auction houses at launch too huh?
linked auction houses is the wrong way to describe it. You make it sound like there was more than one per faction. Of the original auction houses, there were 3.

One in gadgetzan, one in org and one in ironforge.

Later they released AH’s at the other capital cities. When these were released they were linked. There was never a time these auction houses weren’t linked....
01/23/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Rathpex
01/22/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Lagspike
You're probably the kind of masochist that doesn't want linked auction houses at launch too huh?
linked auction houses is the wrong way to describe it. You make it sound like there was more than one per faction. Of the original auction houses, there were 3.

Later they released AH’s at the other capital cities. When these were released they were linked. There was never a time these auction houses weren’t linked....

None of this is correct. There were AH's in Org and Undercity and TB on Horde, and AH's in IF and SW and Darn on Alliance. Originally, none of these were linked together. They each had seperate databases. There was also neutral AH in Booty Bay and Gadget, again unlinked.

At a later patch they linked all of horde AH's together into one database, and all the Ally AH's together as well. The two Neutral AH's remained seperate until an even later patch, when they were eventually linked as well.
Most, if not all old T2 models are available elsewhere in the game for those of us who enjoy playing dressup. Just collect those because I don't foresee Blizzard using the old ones (I wouldn't care either way tbh).
remmber also - if we go with progressive patches - t2 will drop in mc
I'd be fine with either way, but it would be amusing to see people in the placeholder models.
I rather like some of the models and if they do progressive patches, but keep talents as 1.12.1, this could be a very authentic vanilla wow experience. Small details like this and not having linked auction houses at start and waiting for certain instances to release, for the love of God don't release battlegrounds till much later. I'd prefer they not even add battlegrounds since it ruins the honor system. Don't worry they will have it but again I hope it's later in the future of classic wow and not right off the bat.
01/23/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Viera
Most, if not all old T2 models are available elsewhere in the game for those of us who enjoy playing dressup. Just collect those because I don't foresee Blizzard using the old ones (I wouldn't care either way tbh).

Doesn't sound like it's for dress up. Sounds like it's more about authentic vanilla experience.
01/23/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Malgrinn
I rather like some of the models and if they do progressive patches, but keep talents as 1.12.1, this could be a very authentic vanilla wow experience. Small details like this and not having linked auction houses at start and waiting for certain instances to release, for the love of God don't release battlegrounds till much later. I'd prefer they not even add battlegrounds since it ruins the honor system. Don't worry they will have it but again I hope it's later in the future of classic wow and not right off the bat.

01/23/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Malgrinn

Doesn't sound like it's for dress up. Sounds like it's more about authentic vanilla experience.

Exactly what I was thinking.
01/23/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Malgrinn

I prefer some of the old T2 appearance. Some of it, no. Depends on class and tier (like every set ever). There are quite a few comments about how it appears, not its authenticity, in this thread.

If we are on 1.9 or earlier, it makes sense to use the old sets. Otherwise, it doesn't. I don't think Blizzard has confirmed how they are going to release Classic. Many of us want progressive, but plenty will be happy with 1.12.1 or a frankenpatch.

At the end of the day, I do hoard town gear and am not opposed to anyone collecting gear for that if their group is cool with it and don't care which version is put in on day 1 because I already know I can get the old lookalikes elsewhere.

Hopefully that clarifies my comment. At no point did I intend to insinuate it wasn't authentic. That doesn't change the fact that there are green quality BOEs that have those models if people want to RP in them in a 1.12.1 client though.
Tier 2 is one of the best looking set for half the classes (priest, shaman, pally, warlock, and rogue all look amazing) so I'd prefer the new skins over the placeholders. I'm still rocking my Transcendence set plus Benediction though, so I may be biased.
01/23/2018 02:13 AMPosted by Taelus
01/23/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Rathpex
...linked auction houses is the wrong way to describe it. You make it sound like there was more than one per faction. Of the original auction houses, there were 3.

None of this is correct. There were AH's in Org and Undercity and TB on Horde, and AH's in IF and SW and Darn on Alliance. Originally, none of these were linked together. They each had seperate databases. There was also neutral AH in Booty Bay and Gadget, again unlinked.

At a later patch they linked all of horde AH's together into one database, and all the Ally AH's together as well. The two Neutral AH's remained seperate until an even later patch, when they were eventually linked as well.

Hate to break it to you but you’re wrong. You clearly didn’t play in Vanilla - or you forgot. Or you play on private servers where they are present from day 1.

You could ask a stormwing guard “where is the AH” they’d respond by saying the sw ah was still being built and you’d have to go to IF....

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Auction_House