Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Petition to bring back the downvote button

Breath to sign
01/27/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Nonresponsiv
Petition to bring back the downvote button

Breath to sign

Nah cus you downvoted people to hell when you disagreed with the forum trolls
01/27/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Mavelian
I think this time, that's it. The game is falling. The once upon titan of the industry is at its finish line.

End game, raid and mythic dungeon is utterly boring. I tried LFR last night and I literally fell asleep! I could not even finish the wing and just shut down the game.

I tried leveling again. Been there, done that. It's just longer but the same.

BfA brings nothing new but recolor of existing races.

In one year, WoW will be totally finished. This time, it's the end.

I guess your 3/11 LFR experience gives you tha best grounds of judging the end game content.

And the 2 mythic + you've done, highest being a +5 also gives you the supreme power to dis the mythic dungeons.
It's not even April 1st yet man. Repost this in a couple months. Come back in a year and see how far off you were though, for the lols.
I think this time, that's it. The game is falling. The once upon titan of the industry is at its finish line.

End game, raid and mythic dungeon is utterly boring. I tried LFR last night and I literally fell asleep! I could not even finish the wing and just shut down the game.

Sounds like a Dooms day warning, Wow is now one expansion away to Apocalypse xD
01/27/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Nyseila
01/27/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Cherrÿbomb
I don't remember that. What was Rift doing?

For all the games I've tried since WoW, Rift is the only one that (I felt) came close to the quality. Plus, WoW had the Blizzard and Warcraft names behind it. People who had never thought of playing a MMO were flocking to it.. something that no other game in the genre has had. Without that brand power, I doubt WoW would have been as successful as it was.

Main thing early on was a lot of people praising the 'group-centric, community centric gameplay' and bashing on WoW specifically for 'caterting too much to a group of people the genre shouldn't be catering to'. Basically, the standard anti-casual arguments. Couple months in, they also got on WoW's case over some silliness with the way crafting professions were managed (This miiiight have been during Wrath, I didn't pop in over here till WoD so not really sure). And then they took !@#$ with the RNG reliance.

Hilariously, since then, Rift has had two expansions that became less group centric, has made crafting relatively easier but also yielding less returns, and has become increasingly more RNG reliant. Starfall Prophecy or whatever they've had to call it to avoid potential copyright cries from a certain Charity group, has tried to bring back the group/community lean, and it sounds like it's succeeded to a degree.

However, main problem lies with the Class Devs, who can't seem to come to a consensus on how to balance Rogue and Mage to a reasonable degree, released four unbalanced souls between the non-Primalist classes, and still believes that there's anything fair about how Elementalist, Bladedancer, and Bard are being treated. lol.

It has definitely been interesting to watch these two games feed off of each other. They've both implemented some of the same ideas. If anything, Rift has made WoW a better game.
I'll believe it when it happens.
not really...more like legion and wod it was finished. now they are fixing/saving it by making it hard again
01/27/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Bééfadin
now they are fixing/saving it by making it hard again

Tedium =/= Difficulty
01/27/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Pharsalus
01/27/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Bééfadin
now they are fixing/saving it by making it hard again

Tedium =/= Difficulty

1 shotting everything instantly was so much harder...my bad.

also there have been a lot of posts about how it is "too hard" so
I think I saw a pamphlet about this in Stormwind...
WoW is better now than it has been in 10 years. All the doom and gloom nonsense is hilarious. The game is still great.

Yet there are other MMOs out there still chugging along years and years later. They might only have a fraction of the players they had when they were in their prime but it's still enough for the companies that own them to keep them operating.

WoW will be the same way eventually. Too many players have enjoyed the game over the years for it to die out totally unless Blizzard wants to drop the MMORPG that's contaminating their eSports empire.

Play while you enjoy the game. Don't play if you don't.

I feel like I see a very similar post to this every time they do any major patch that changes the game in any way. And yet, here we are, still playing the most successful game in it's genre of all time.
OK, I'll bite. What new paid beta of an MMO are you about to advertise here? Or is it getting lonely in FFXIV? Heard that game took a nasty hit in Twitch views lately.
"I'm bored of WoW because I don't find it fun. DEAD GAME!"
Were still gonna be seeing these posts for at least a minimum of another 5 years and very likely longer.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
OP WOW is not finished. However, they just did release # Worst Patch Ever. That may not help them very much.