Mobile/Web Auction House Disabled in 7.3.5

General Discussion
Prev 1 29 30 31 45 Next
02/07/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Zandarin
01/17/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Ythisens
With the release of Patch 7.3.5, we’ve had to disable the web and mobile versions of the Auction House, including the Auction House API used by certain third-party sites and addons.

We’re working to re-enable it as quickly as possible.

~~1/31/2018 Update~~
Just another update here regarding this. Still currently no ETA on when this is going to be restored. The team is working hard to get it back in the mean time.

Would really like to see weekly updates, even if you have nothing to report it’s always good to know you’re working!

Looking at how the community in this thread responded to the updates they gave (ie accusing them of doing this on purpose, talk of legal action, accusing them of refusing to fix it, and the few “fix it NOW’s” I don’t blame them for hesitation in less than favorable updates
Dear Journal,

Its been 3 long weeks since Ive seen the API. Im beginning to forget what it looked like, how it functioned, how it helped me through my day... I can only hope that I'll see you soon....
Wow

How is this still disabled?
It is taking too long now.
I worry they are going to get rid of the app completely. There’s been so little support for it for as long as it’s been around. I just don’t see why else Blizzard would leave it down for so long.
02/07/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Serih
I worry they are going to get rid of the app completely. There’s been so little support for it for as long as it’s been around. I just don’t see why else Blizzard would leave it down for so long.

I have faith that they'll bring it back up it might have a few more bells and whistles to it or it might not. As for the reason why its been down so long, they brought back a ton of items that were noncollectable back in to the game. All with that the gear has to scale now which is dependent on when it binds to you I believe. Yet on the AH it has to show a different ilvl. So adding all the Item IDs and not just for this gear but also adding in BFA stuff I suspect .. with it being in Alpha now. Probably a bit time consuming. Now, I also think that they put the API on the backburner until after the BFA pre-purchase was over. They probably wanted most of the Devs on content creation to show off as much as they could about BFA to put a Bump into Q1 Sales. And before that they had everyone on Bug fixes of 7.3.5 when the game breaking bugs were solved everything went into content creation. That's my theory and 2 cents
B u m p
I can’t believe this isn’t resolved yet. I mean, honestly, how big of a fix could this possibly be? If everything but the remote AH is up and running, I don’t see why there isn’t a quick fix yet. It’s been weeks.
It has been a month, all they say is no ETA...let's face it, they are not fixing it any time in the near future.
I doubt they will get rid of the app’s function. I was hoping they would try to combine both the companion app and armory.

I doubt that is the issue here. My guess is the main issue is the new races causing problems. Idk how hard that is to fix though
I agree with Tyrx that it probably has to do with the ilevel scaling for the BOE drops. It never worked right for me with the legion stuff which !@#$e me a few times buying stuff. Now the same issue applies to everything so I can only hope they can figure it out. At this point I'd rather they just remove the ability to sell any type of gear and just let us go back to selling the mats mounts etc. I went from ~35k g/day to barely 20k and that bit into my playtime by 25%. Just saying BfA preorder right now is the thing that gets dropped.
I'm starting to really miss this function. Baby come back...

...I have a subscription to make gold for!
Could we get an update on when this may be fixed?

Even "we do not intend to restore this functionality until BFA" would be fine with me.
02/08/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Fluffergyrl
I agree with Tyrx that it probably has to do with the ilevel scaling for the BOE drops. It never worked right for me with the legion stuff which !@#$e me a few times buying stuff. Now the same issue applies to everything so I can only hope they can figure it out. At this point I'd rather they just remove the ability to sell any type of gear and just let us go back to selling the mats mounts etc. I went from ~35k g/day to barely 20k and that bit into my playtime by 25%. Just saying BfA preorder right now is the thing that gets dropped.

This being the case why don't they just add a caveat that ilevel scaling on BOE armor/weapons may have issues?

I wouldn't affect all the transmog items or recipes etc which is what a lot of people use the API for.

I am also making a lot less money because I can't replenish any of the stock I sell, therefore I am posting less frequently (probably putting up my full stock a couple of times per week) until I can replenish it when (if??) the API comes back up.
02/07/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Tiká

Looking at how the community in this thread responded to the updates they gave (ie accusing them of doing this on purpose, talk of legal action, accusing them of refusing to fix it, and the few “fix it NOW’s” I don’t blame them for hesitation in less than favorable updates

Blizzard has had these same reactions since the day they flipped the battle.net switch to 'on'.
02/08/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Nusku

Even "we do not intend to restore this functionality until BFA" would be fine with me.

Uhhhh...that would be terrible.
02/08/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Nusku

That would not be fine with me, nor I imagine with the large numbers of people who use the API on a regular basis.
02/07/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Tiká
02/07/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Zandarin

Would really like to see weekly updates, even if you have nothing to report it’s always good to know you’re working!

I certainly do blame them for hesitation.

This is the worst patch they have ever released in terms of the stuff its broken (not just the API/AH stuff but there were a lot of login and character issues when the patch was released).

Major functionality broken for over 3 weeks, they owe us a little more than "we're working on it, no ETA yet".

They might at this stage at least be transparent as to the cause of the issue and how severely or fundamentally it has broken things.
Doh
Just saw this thread, you guys are fooling yourselves if you didn’t think this was done intentionally. It won’t be coming back and good riddence it helps keep AH prices down by making it harder for people to play it.
02/08/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Dontfightme
Just saw this thread, you guys are fooling yourselves if you didn’t think this was done intentionally. It won’t be coming back and good riddence it helps keep AH prices down by making it harder for people to play it.

There's a major flaw in this logic. If 10% of people unsub because of this, they lose way more money than they lose by people making the economy healthy and letting some people run infinite on tokens.

The fact that it is intentional does seem to have some merit, just can't figure out why. There's no way a company of this size can't fix something like this