Mobile/Web Auction House Disabled in 7.3.5

General Discussion
Prev 1 30 31 32 45 Next
02/08/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Dontfightme
it helps keep AH prices down by making it harder for people to play it.

There is a major flaw in your reasoning but I'm not here to educate you nor do I wish to spend any of my time doing it.

On the other hand, Blizz when is the API going to be up and running.........
Thanks for all your hard work. I am REALLY looking forward to seeing it back up again. Like so many I have really grown dependant on the mobile AH. I miss it and need it back.

#boomBoxSerenade
02/08/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Nusku
Could we get an update on when this may be fixed?

Even "we do not intend to restore this functionality until BFA" would be fine with me.

I almost agree...while I would hate that particular answer I would rather know. And I think it would help blizzard in the long run. While a statement that the API wasn't coming back until BFA would cost a few subs immediately (myself included because I only have enough Bnet balance for 2 more months and then I'm out) the frustration without some sort of communication I think would result in far more people leaving.
I'm sorry, but this is absolutely unacceptable Blizzard. This API is integral to too many people for you to remain quiet and keep feeding us this "no ETA" crap. It needs to be fixed. Now.

If you insist on continuing to tell us there's no ETA, then you had best give us a reason as to why you had to take it down. I'm completely fed up with this.
02/08/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Jollytime
02/07/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Tiká

Looking at how the community in this thread responded to the updates they gave (ie accusing them of doing this on purpose, talk of legal action, accusing them of refusing to fix it, and the few “fix it NOW’s” I don’t blame them for hesitation in less than favorable updates

Blizzard has had these same reactions since the day they flipped the battle.net switch to 'on'.

Of course they have. They’d had childish reactions from members of the community since long before Battle.net. That’s not exactly relevant to this post. My point is Blizzard gave the updates they had and the community is throwing a tantrum over it because it’s not the update they want to hear. People in this thread want them to give information they don’t have or to make promises they are unsure they can keep. In light of that, I don’t blame them for not giving more updates.

For some of us, “we are working in it and have no ETA at this time” is sufficient. I’m sure when they have more information they will communicate it with us. :)
02/08/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Maplebunny
02/07/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Tiká

Looking at how the community in this thread responded to the updates they gave (ie accusing them of doing this on purpose, talk of legal action, accusing them of refusing to fix it, and the few “fix it NOW’s” I don’t blame them for hesitation in less than favorable updates

I certainly do blame them for hesitation.

This is the worst patch they have ever released in terms of the stuff its broken (not just the API/AH stuff but there were a lot of login and character issues when the patch was released).

Major functionality broken for over 3 weeks, they owe us a little more than "we're working on it, no ETA yet".

They might at this stage at least be transparent as to the cause of the issue and how severely or fundamentally it has broken things.

Hey you’re entitled to blame whoever you want. Opinions are opinions. It won’t change anything. Blizzard can’t give an update they don’t have. I imagine since we haven’t heard anything since the last update that there hasn’t been much if any change. It’s likely that this isn’t as high of a priority than other things they are working on. I’m pretty sure the developers didn’t put all this work into WoW for people to use their gametime on a mobile app playing the Auction. That’s not to say you aren’t entitled to spend your gametime that way, but I doubt it was their focus. We can assume they aren’t removing the feature, otherwise they’d have announced that just like they announce any big change. Like a few others here have mentioned. It’ll be fixed when they can fix it. The majority of the game is still functional :)
01/31/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Ythisens
Just another update here regarding this. Still currently no ETA on when this is going to be restored. The team is working hard to get it back in the mean time.

As for the replies in the thread lets try and keep it on topic please. I'm kind of impressed how this of all things somehow has had some pretty off topic replies.

From your updates we know the API isn't "broken" blizzard has actually disabled it for one reason or another. I think most of the community understands API and integrations are complex - we just want to know in general terms...why?

I'm sure everyone here would rather limp along than have zero information at all. This is just leading to countless alts afk scanning the AH manually.
02/08/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Tiká
02/08/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Maplebunny

I certainly do blame them for hesitation.

This is the worst patch they have ever released in terms of the stuff its broken (not just the API/AH stuff but there were a lot of login and character issues when the patch was released).

Major functionality broken for over 3 weeks, they owe us a little more than "we're working on it, no ETA yet".

They might at this stage at least be transparent as to the cause of the issue and how severely or fundamentally it has broken things.

Hey you’re entitled to blame whoever you want. Opinions are opinions. It won’t change anything. Blizzard can’t give an update they don’t have. I imagine since we haven’t heard anything since the last update that there hasn’t been much if any change. It’s likely that this isn’t as high of a priority than other things they are working on. I’m pretty sure the developers didn’t put all this work into WoW for people to use their gametime on a mobile app playing the Auction. That’s not to say you aren’t entitled to spend your gametime that way, but I doubt it was their focus. We can assume they aren’t removing the feature, otherwise they’d have announced that just like they announce any big change. Like a few others here have mentioned. It’ll be fixed when they can fix it. The majority of the game is still functional :)

I agree with you that this seems like not a high priority considering BFA alpha just pushed and the upcoming expac content in general - and I'm ok with that. However, I think it's unacceptable to dismiss this issue by saying "The majority of the game is still functional.". As true as that is playing the AH is a form of game play as much as pet battles, PVP, or raiding and although the AH is in essence still functional the currently disabled API limits this game play in the same way broken boss mods limits raiding.
I've been patient, but starting to run out of that commodity now.

It's poor Customer Service from any company to neither explain or mitigate a non-working component of its product. It is of no interest to me whether or not other subscribers value the app or not. I value it, it is a reason I have continued to pay my subs. And clearly, it is a reason for paying subs, that others have too - that is very clear from this thread.

Be very clear, wanna-be-blizzard-roadies - I am not interested in your opinions. I am posting on this thread, to let Blizzard know my opinions, and to add to the semi-petition that is forming here with ongoing Customer dissatisfaction.
Can we PLEASE get an update? I could see it being down for a few days maybe even a week... but...
02/08/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Tiká
People in this thread want them to give information they don’t have or to make promises they are unsure they can keep.

What are you talking about? It's Blizzard's very own property in question, so of course they have all the information. You make it sound like it's someone asking Valve why a non-Valve game doesn't work right on Steam.
02/08/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Fleury
02/08/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Dontfightme
Just saw this thread, you guys are fooling yourselves if you didn’t think this was done intentionally. It won’t be coming back and good riddence it helps keep AH prices down by making it harder for people to play it.

There's a major flaw in this logic. If 10% of people unsub because of this, they lose way more money than they lose by people making the economy healthy and letting some people run infinite on tokens.

The fact that it is intentional does seem to have some merit, just can't figure out why. There's no way a company of this size can't fix something like this

I'm all for piling on Blizzard for boneheaded stuff but there is literally no way 10% of people would unsub because of this.

I'd bet even less than 10% of the playerbase even uses it in a meaningful way on a regular basis.
02/08/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Oldmana
02/08/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Tiká
People in this thread want them to give information they don’t have or to make promises they are unsure they can keep.

What are you talking about? It's Blizzard's very own property in question, so of course they have all the information. You make it sound like it's someone asking Valve why a non-Valve game doesn't work right on Steam.

Congratulations on totally missing the point of my comment. I’ll help you out a little. The community wants to know why the API is broken and when it will be fixed. Which are obviously answers Blizzard doesn’t have at this time.

I hope this helps you =)
02/08/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Teranoid
<span class="truncated">...</span>

There's a major flaw in this logic. If 10% of people unsub because of this, they lose way more money than they lose by people making the economy healthy and letting some people run infinite on tokens.

The fact that it is intentional does seem to have some merit, just can't figure out why. There's no way a company of this size can't fix something like this

I'm all for piling on Blizzard for boneheaded stuff but there is literally no way 10% of people would unsub because of this.

I'd bet even less than 10% of the playerbase even uses it in a meaningful way on a regular basis.

I agree with you. For some reason in just about any matter, like this thread, the people that are unhappy think they are the majority of the community rather than just a handful. Those of you talking about quitting over this aren’t going to cripple Blizzard.
02/08/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Tiká
02/08/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Oldmana

Congratulations on totally missing the point of my comment. I’ll help you out a little. The community wants to know why the API is broken and when it will be fixed. Which are obviously answers Blizzard doesn’t have at this time.

I hope this helps you =)

If that is indeed the case, then they obviously have put in next to zero effort into investigating and fixing the problem. I wouldn't doubt that to be true.
02/08/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Oldmana

I hope this helps you =)

If that is indeed the case, then they obviously have put in next to zero effort into investigating and fixing the problem. I wouldn't doubt that to be true.

Is it really so hard for you to accept that maybe Blizzard is doing as they say they are and simply don’t have more info or info they are at liberty to give yet? Or maybe this isn’t a priority because it’s a minor part of the game? Hardly comparable to pvp and raiding as earlier suggested.
I !@#$ing hate the in game AH. It's so bad... You'd think blizz would just change the interface so it was the same as the Mobile Armory's but no, they let it stay horrible for years. Years.

Help us Mobile Armory Tech guy, you're our only hope!

I hope this helps you =)

You know, they've never actually SAID that the API is broken, just that it's been 'taken offline'.

Personal theory - they have discovered that some people or person has found a use for the API that they are not happy about (say, messes with the in-game economy) but that does not (yet) violate the terms of service, and they can't decide what to do about it.