Mobile/Web Auction House Disabled in 7.3.5

General Discussion
Prev 1 36 37 38 45 Next
02/08/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Fleury

There's a major flaw in this logic. If 10% of people unsub because of this, they lose way more money than they lose by people making the economy healthy and letting some people run infinite on tokens.

The fact that it is intentional does seem to have some merit, just can't figure out why. There's no way a company of this size can't fix something like this

Speaking of running infinite on tokens.. I haven't paid Blizz a cent in real-world currency since December 2015 running exclusively on tokens. At the current price of a token I need to clear roughly 6200 Gold per day to buy one. (In Dec 2015 when I bought my first token the price was 35,690 gold which meant I needed to clear only about 1,200 per day to pay for my sub). I've built up a pretty nice nest-egg in that time to keep buying tokens, but I've taken quite a hit in my transmog sales with the API being down. I do use TSM and Undermine Journal to help me find/track deals/sales across the servers I play the AH on and with no API, no updates.

I don't like to believe this is a ploy to drain me dry on using gold for tokens for my sub (Someone else is simply paying for me to play by listing the tokens in the AH) but when I'm running at a loss, I'll look into anything to try and find the reason..
02/11/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Grindspice
02/11/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Crooked
Having to scan the AH instead of using my TSM's automatic feature is killing me!

Please Blizz, us Goblins need to make a living :P

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with why the mobile Armory is down. I read a post about how they wanted to fix something about third party software from scanning the AH. Even when the Armory is back up your tsm may remain down.

Really? Hopefully the 'fix' doesn't break TSM forever.
Just update it and release it. The ah was fun.. I’m a casual player.. I don’t want to be spending hours in game on the ah in org when I can play the actual game. Selling my stuff when I’m at work in rl is so much better for me. I just don’t have 10 hours a day to play..
02/12/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Naxnok
I don’t want to be spending hours in game on the ah in org when I can play the actual game.

I agree. When I sit down to play wow I want to play the game, not scan the AH. I've lost interest in wow since the app has been down because when I log in I just feel disappointed that I have to choose between making a profit or having some fun.

I'm not going to unsub, but I'm very frustrated with this down time. Logging in hasn't given me that rush it used to. I feel like I'm unemployed in the game. Feels bad blizz.

I know you're working on it blizz. I'm excited for the updates. Give it as much effort and attention as you can please.
An update would be nice, if not warranted.
02/11/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Faerondil
The reaction to the mobile armory AH being broken just shows what a miserable piece of crap the in game AH is. Fix that and many of won’t be so salty when issues arise with the mobile and web AH.

Seriously. The mobile app lets you log on a character and access every single item on that character up for auction from one location. No running to the bank, clearing your bags, etc...

Why didn't they think about putting that kind of functionality in game? I mean, I know they started with reagent bank / professions, but it's really convenient.
02/12/2018 08:23 AMPosted by Nusku
I would really like a "the mobile Armory AH isn't coming back anytime soon, guys" over the current no information.

I'm at the point now where I'm very low on bag space on many guys.

And while I can add even more stuff to the whole mail back and forth storage thing, I'm already doing that, and it's already a whole lot to manage.

So, eh, I'd just like to know, do we need to start doing everything manually, at the AH? This is fine, just would like to know, heh.

For me (and the comments suggest similar things for lots of folks, using the mobile AH is a pretty strong component of inventory management.

I do not care or bother much with buy low / sell high, but what I DO do is clear up my bag space.

I cannot imagine a sillier, more first world-y problem than this, but there you have it...

Of all the complaints in this thread, yours came across the most reasonable. No whining, no insults, no threats, no accusations. Just requesting info. Good on you man. I’ve read that they are upgrading some features in it and don’t have a solid eta on its completion but have implied that it’s not being removed altogether as some have speculated. I hope they give you a more up to date answer before too long. Cheers :)
02/12/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Pallymcpwn
02/11/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Faerondil
The reaction to the mobile armory AH being broken just shows what a miserable piece of crap the in game AH is. Fix that and many of won’t be so salty when issues arise with the mobile and web AH.

Seriously. The mobile app lets you log on a character and access every single item on that character up for auction from one location. No running to the bank, clearing your bags, etc...

Why didn't they think about putting that kind of functionality in game? I mean, I know they started with reagent bank / professions, but it's really convenient.

So convenient. It's a sort of bank/mailbox service.
Wow ive been wondering what happened glad to know y'all are fixing it been like this for about a month now tho
So tomorrow will be 1 month. ONE. FULL. MONTH. Im gonna lose my mind. I fully understand its not part of our subscription. What I cant understand is why you cant explain whats going on. There has to be either an extreme disconnect between CMs & Devs or youre being insructed by your bosses to not communicate whats going on.

My biggest issue with Blizzard, for YEARS now, has been communication with its players. Just talk to us, were not asking for company secrets, we just wanna know whats going on with certain things.
So I have been playing for over 10 years Solo, and I have yet to join a Guild. When I first discovered the app, I found it was a great way for me to make a modest amount of gold with what I farmed or collected on the occasional dungeon raid. As I have no Guild to borrow from, being able to reliant items during my off time while watching my kids sports games, was invaluable. Not having it has put a huge dent in my profit, as well as my actual play time. Sigh.
Is this related to Blizz API issues?
02/12/2018 02:45 AMPosted by Jxol
02/12/2018 12:45 AMPosted by Dominationn
I think it might be helpful to rate the app in Apple store/Google play.

Suggestion: "1 star and back to 5 when fixed!"

This might help stress the importance of the issue and be a positive way to release some frustration!

I went to the App store to do this and coudln't find the app. The only thing that came up was the "Legion Companion". I searched using the following: wow armory, armory, warcraft armory, blizzard armory, blizzard, world of warcraft, world of warcraft armory. Couldn't find it.

WoW Mobile Armory by Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.

Here is the name. If you can find legion app, just goto other apps by this publisher (I.e other blizzard apps) you should find it there.
02/11/2018 04:54 AMPosted by Saeen
<span class="truncated">...</span> Ah, but they aren't part of the sub. Allow me to quote this.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Subscription includes what ever services I as a customer deem of value when I make the decision to pay. Blizzard can keep saying that, to cover themselves against claims by subscribers for their money back, but it doesn’t change the fact that the app rating on iOS has dropped from 3.4 when I first posted to 3.0 within the day. I am sure that must have hurt and should push this up on devs priority list of things to fix.

If it drops enough maybe blizzard will be more careful when deciding to ‘disable services’ and might provide better communication next time.

Good thing about the App Store is that unlike the forums your satisfaction of the product gets registered. So highly recommend that you leave your feedback to blizzard over there as well.

Found that soccer mom from this pic

http://i.imgur.com/M92Hthn.png

02/11/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Pwyll
I almost want to make a legal issue out of this simply to have a judge tell you that because the app affects the in-game world, and replaces in-game tasks, it by definition is part of the game.

Except you won't because you're a literal nobody with no stroke sitting on the internet making baseless threats of legal action that would get you laughed even out of Lionel Hutz's office. The scary part is you're probably a grown adult.
Would really appreciate some kind of update. Just any kind of news regarding progress.
02/12/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Exerion
Would really appreciate some kind of update. Just any kind of news regarding progress.

They are still trying to fix it.
End of update.
Ok blizzard its been a month... We need an update. Not a we are sorry for the inconvenience, or a be patient we are working on it. Tell us why it is down what is the reason whether its a technical reason or a user abuse reason so on so forth and then you need to tell us (roughly) how much longer it is expected to be down. This is not right to keep your paying customers in the dark. We are the reasons y'all have a paycheck. I for one am feeling very disrespected as a customer and I'm 99% sure that there are so many others who feel the same way.