Mobile/Web Auction House Disabled in 7.3.5

General Discussion
Prev 1 38 39 40 45 Next
02/13/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Holÿcõw
So many spoiled children on this thread. Oh no, you have to put a little more effort into making gold for a while!

Complaining because Blizzard broke a major component that's been in the game for 8+ years, and is still broken 4 weeks later, is not being a "spoilt child".

What do you get out of trolling people like this?
If the issue doesn't affect you - why are you even here?
02/13/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Carlwicked
Here we are at nearly 28 days without any meaningful communication from Blizzard. I'd really appreciate an ETA so I can decide whether or not to let my account lapse if this is going to take much longer. Or is that what you're afraid of? I can't imagine a few people taking a time out until it's fixed is reeeeeally going to impact your bottom line in any meaningful way. I'll wait 'til it's fixed, I just don't want to pay while I wait.

It’s been said several times in this thread but I’ll go ahead and repeat it. They’ve said time and again they don’t have an ETA. They will not give an ETA if they don’t have one. Want to know why? Look at how many people are whining about it now. If Blizzard gave an ETA and don’t make it, the whining would multiply because the community would treat it like a broken promise rather than an estimation that was merely off. Much like they feel losing accesss to the mobile AH was a feature that belonged to them that was taken away.
02/13/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Athenray
02/12/2018 11:20 PMPosted by Masarah

1. Knowing the technical reasons for the reason the API is down wont change the fact that it's down.

2. You don't NEED an update, you WANT an update. If you don't receive an update, the world won't end. You NEED food, water and oxygen.

3. The paying customers are getting exactly the same service they have received since the time that WoW was released. There was no API back in the good old days. That is a functionality that Blizzard added to the game as a bonus at no extra cost.

4. They wont tell you how long it is going to be down for because as soon as that time frame passes, they will be accused of breaking promises. Never give a time frame for something that you can't 100% guarantee will be fixed by that time.

Blizzard doesn't owe anyone anything but their lack of communication affects the developer and player community. Sites like TUJ can't operate for extended periods without any resolution timeline as the information is stale. That website is a pillar of the WoW economy and it costs money and time to run.

Blizzard should show more respect towards its users and towards those that have invested time, money and effort improving the game.

Taking the API down and then ignore the community shows how shallow they have become.

Unfortunately, due to their dominant position in the MMO world, they can afford to treat their customer base as they wish because they know we won't leave.

Sad state of affairs.....................

You’re asking for information they don’t have and for them to commit to promises they can’t keep regarding a feature that was never a guarantee in the first place. It just wasn’t the answer you wanted to hear. Everyone is saying “we want an update but don’t tell us you don’t have an ETA and that you’re working in it” maybe that’s all the information they have for you? They aren’t ignoring the community
02/13/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Maplebunny
02/11/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Shalorá

I can’t say I’m not guilty of some of that here, but I totally agree with you. Though handled poorly in some of my comments, I’m just defending Blizzard.

I believe you are trying to defend the indefensible.

Releasing an obviously poorly-tested patch which breaks functionality lots of people have grown to rely and depend up, for an entire month, with even now no ETA for a fix, and to have so little communication, has gone beyond defensible IMO.

It makes little difference to me what you want to think about me. As much of a tantrum people are throwing about this at this point, I’d just stop putting the effort into it because the effort clearly isn’t appreciated, and just remove it. It was never a guaranteed feature and not crucial to playing the game. The people whining about it are but a handful in a very large community. You guys should be thanking them for trying to maintain it at all when they never had to. I know a lot of folks are claiming that playing the auction on their phones are the main reason they pay for a sub. I really doubt that’s the case, but if it is, I feel sorry for those people. Like others have said a few times including me, the community is acting like a bunch of spoiled brats and it’s kind of embarrassing.
02/13/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Maplebunny
02/13/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Holÿcõw
So many spoiled children on this thread. Oh no, you have to put a little more effort into making gold for a while!

Complaining because Blizzard broke a major component that's been in the game for 8+ years, and is still broken 4 weeks later, is not being a "spoilt child".

What do you get out of trolling people like this?
If the issue doesn't affect you - why are you even here?

The word trolling has been thrown around and misused in this thread so much. People think I’m trolling just because I have a difference in opinion. Aside from that, just because we aren’t whining about it doesn’t mean it doesn’t affect us. We have every right to be here that you do. Who do you think you are to dictate otherwise? Yes it affects us, yes we would like the feature back, but we recognize that it is being worked on and understand there is no ETA yet.
02/13/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Shalorá
02/13/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Darkskies
I really don’t understand how a technology company like Blizzard would purposely remove a mobile app functionality that is used by a large number of paying customers with no real time line of fixing their software! Disappointed!

They gave the information they have. That and it’s really only a handful of their subscribers that are really complaining about not having access to a free service that was never a guarantee to begin with. Lol

They are not a "handful"! They are legion! Yet you are just one.

Its sad to see that you still feel no empathy towards your fellow gamers impacted by the lack of foresight on Blizzards part.

Try working on that. It will make you a better person overall.
02/13/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Shalorá

You’re asking for information they don’t have and for them to commit to promises they can’t keep regarding a feature that was never a guarantee in the first place. It just wasn’t the answer you wanted to hear. Everyone is saying “we want an update but don’t tell us you don’t have an ETA and that you’re working in it” maybe that’s all the information they have for you? They aren’t ignoring the community

And yet here you are.......presuming of knowing what Blizzard has or doesn't have.

Definition of ignore:
ignored; ignoring
transitive verb
1 : to refuse to take notice of

Shalorá, failing has become you and you have become a failure.
I really don’t understand how a technology company like Blizzard would purposely remove a mobile app functionality that is used by a large number of paying customers with no real time line of fixing their software! Disappointed!

They gave the information they have. That and it’s really only a handful of their subscribers that are really complaining about not having access to a free service that was never a guarantee to begin with. Lol

Very little of the current content offering of WoW was a "guarantee" to begin with. People pay for what the game has grown into, in its entirety.

Still, Shalorá, I see you continue to delight in trolling here and trying to put people down who are affected by this issue.

If the issue doesn't affect you why bother?
02/13/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Athenray

They are not a "handful"! They are legion! Yet you are just one.

Its sad to see that you still feel no empathy towards your fellow gamers impacted by the lack of foresight on Blizzards part.

Try working on that. It will make you a better person overall.

Yes you are just a handful. I’m among the millions that know Blizzard is working on it and will have it working for us when they can. I’m among the millions who understand that there are possibly higher priority things their resources need to go to before that. I’m among the millions that know everything isn’t about what I want. Yes I’m sorry that it’s not working right now. Yes I’d like to have it back. I don’t however feel sorry for the people throwing an unnecessary tantrum over it. The game is still playable, the auction house is still useable , just not from mobile devices and third party software and websites. It’s not the end of the world. Lol
02/13/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Maplebunny

Very little of the current content offering of WoW was a "guarantee" to begin with. People pay for what the game has grown into, in its entirety.

Still, Shalorá, I see you continue to delight in trolling here and trying to put people down who are affected by this issue.

If the issue doesn't affect you why bother?

Again with assuming that not agreeing means I’m trolling and assuming that it doesn’t affect me. I invite you to go back and actually read to help you better understand.
02/13/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Shalorá
The word trolling has been thrown around and misused in this thread so much. People think I’m trolling just because I have a difference in opinion. Aside from that, just because we aren’t whining about it doesn’t mean it doesn’t affect us. We have every right to be here that you do. Who do you think you are to dictate otherwise? Yes it affects us, yes we would like the feature back, but we recognize that it is being worked on and understand there is no ETA yet.

I don't think people here are "whining" - a major component of their (and my) gaming experience has been broken for over 4 weeks because Blizzard didn't test their patch properly.

Definition of whining = "complain in a feeble or petulant way". I fail to see how our comments have been feeble or petulant. Can you please explain how you feel they are?

However,

Definition of trolling = "make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."

Now admittedly your posts, Shalorá, haven't actually been offensive as such - but provocative, yes. You do seem to be here with the intent of upsetting people, and you seem to want to elicit angry responses. You see something which doesn't affect you personally and you seem to get a kick out of putting down other players for whom it is a problem.

Rather than having sympathy for the plight of your fellow gamers you seem to be having a case of schadenfreude - getting pleasure from the misfortunes of others.

So no, I don't think the word trolling with regards to your comments has been misused, Shalorá.
02/13/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Shalorá

Yes you are just a handful. I’m among the millions that know Blizzard is working on it and will have it working for us when they can. I’m among the millions who understand that there are possibly higher priority things their resources need to go to before that. I’m among the millions that know everything isn’t about what I want. Yes I’m sorry that it’s not working right now. Yes I’d like to have it back. I don’t however feel sorry for the people throwing an unnecessary tantrum over it. The game is still playable, the auction house is still useable , just not from mobile devices and third party software and websites. It’s not the end of the world. Lol

You suffer from a narcissistic personality disorder. I'm really concerned by your lack of empathy and an unwillingness or inability to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

If it wasn't so sad, I'd actually smile at your claim. Millions! Of course you are. That is why there are a million posts in these thread just like yours......then maybe not.

You, dear Shalorá are a minority.
I’m not happy it’s down, but then again I’m not QQ’ing all over the place. Sell stuff on the AH the old fashioned way or wait until they fix it. Or you could unsubscribe. Follow the path that best suits you. Nuff said
Wtb working armoury app pst
Maplebunny and Athenray, You do you and I’ll do me. You misunderstand me and its clear you want to continue being victims here. I won’t respond to either of you since you seem to think disagreeing and sharing different opinions or facts you don’t want to hear is trolling, and that I don’t participate in the whining means I’m not empathetic. Have a good life guys lol
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Subscription includes what ever services I as a customer deem of value when I make the decision to pay. Blizzard can keep saying that, to cover themselves against claims by subscribers for their money back, but it doesn’t change the fact that the app rating on iOS has dropped from 3.4 when I first posted to 3.0 within the day. I am sure that must have hurt and should push this up on devs priority list of things to fix.

If it drops enough maybe blizzard will be more careful when deciding to ‘disable services’ and might provide better communication next time.

Good thing about the App Store is that unlike the forums your satisfaction of the product gets registered. So highly recommend that you leave your feedback to blizzard over there as well.

Found that soccer mom from this pic

http://i.imgur.com/M92Hthn.png

02/11/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Pwyll
I almost want to make a legal issue out of this simply to have a judge tell you that because the app affects the in-game world, and replaces in-game tasks, it by definition is part of the game.

Except you won't because you're a literal nobody with no stroke sitting on the internet making baseless threats of legal action that would get you laughed even out of Lionel Hutz's office. The scary part is you're probably a grown adult.

You have no idea who I am, or how connected I am. You're going off my handle? Yes I most certainly am an adult.

And I've used this before to handle a transaction dispute:
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Maplebunny and Athenray, I won’t respond to either of you

Thank you! You had become quite insufferable, really. Having to witness your unbearable arrogance was too much.

Alas, I have my doubts that your narcissistic personality, will let you stay away.

Time will tell.
02/13/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Anwarsadat
I’m not happy it’s down, but then again I’m not QQ’ing all over the place. Sell stuff on the AH the old fashioned way or wait until they fix it. Or you could unsubscribe. Follow the path that best suits you. Nuff said

Yeah I've unsubbed. Waiting for it to run out.

It's certainly bewildering and frustrating.

I have checked the app daily.
02/13/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Maplebunny
02/11/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Shalorá

I can’t say I’m not guilty of some of that here, but I totally agree with you. Though handled poorly in some of my comments, I’m just defending Blizzard.

I believe you are trying to defend the indefensible.

Releasing an obviously poorly-tested patch which breaks functionality lots of people have grown to rely and depend up, for an entire month, with even now no ETA for a fix, and to have so little communication, has gone beyond defensible IMO.

I agree.

I'm likening it to a DAW company like Ableton or Avid releasing a patch that breaks an app on the phone that remotely controls the playback.

Is it damaging the core product? No. But a key functionality many came to rely on to the point of making the software practically unplayable in certain ways, is no longer there.

If it were a third party app, fair enough. But it's their own app.

What annoys me most is Blizzard taking the line of "it's not part of the game". I understand they have to say that, as refunding everyone for last month would hurt their bottom line.... but it's an untruth.

It's not part of any other game!
It affects the game world just like clicking a mouse in the PC client does. If you sell things on the phone they're gone in game. I don't see how any rational person can say it's not part of the game.