Mobile/Web Auction House Disabled in 7.3.5

General Discussion
Prev 1 39 40 41 45 Next
... They will not give an ETA if they don’t have one. Want to know why? Look at how many people are whining about it now. If Blizzard gave an ETA and don’t make it, the whining would multiply because the community would treat it like a broken promise rather than an estimation that was merely off. ...

Disagree. Good communication is important in any human interaction, especially business endeavors. Giving an update every week is not too much to ask, even if it is simply to say "no change, still being worked on."
02/13/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Avengeress
... They will not give an ETA if they don’t have one. Want to know why? Look at how many people are whining about it now. If Blizzard gave an ETA and don’t make it, the whining would multiply because the community would treat it like a broken promise rather than an estimation that was merely off. ...

Disagree. Good communication is important in any human interaction, especially business endeavors. Giving an update every week is not too much to ask, even if it is simply to say "no change, still being worked on."

I agree with the importance of communication. However in this thread, the community has been pretty clear that “no change” is not acceptable. They want immediate solutions and demand a promise that Blizzard can’t give.
When we accept poor support or service...what does it say of us?
This error is too massive to have been an accident. What new AH feature are you adding, or what major issue with API calls are you preventing and investigating? Please be honest with your customers. Be open and honest, in regular communication. No update for nearly a month from any software vendor is unheard-of.

A very large number of players are Goblins who enjoy making gold via addons like TSM, or websites like TheUndermineJournal.com. While many of us may be using gold to buy tokens, we are likely also helping sell these tokens to buyers all over the world. In other words, you have crippled your channel Sales team by disabling your API.

This is not just a bad customer experience leading to churn, there are more immediate business impacts.
Yuck, goblins.

Back on topic, what was in that patch that did the damage? Four weeks on and it’s still borked?
At least the blues broke radio silence...
02/13/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Shalorá
Maplebunny and Athenray, You do you and I’ll do me. You misunderstand me and its clear you want to continue being victims here. I won’t respond to either of you since you seem to think disagreeing and sharing different opinions or facts you don’t want to hear is trolling, and that I don’t participate in the whining means I’m not empathetic. Have a good life guys lol

I don't want to be a victim, nor am I claiming to be.

I am a programmer for a software company which writes transportation software. Each year as well as paid customizations we do a large number of free, unpaid updates to improve our product which our customers enjoy.

If we brought out a patch which broke one of those areas and it was down for 4 entire weeks, regardless of the fact that we'd introduced it for free, you can bet there would be hell to pay from our customer base. If we were then claiming that they were just "whining" and that they were just portraying themselves as "victims", even bigger hell would be paid.

As for saying that you won't respond to me - you already said that a few weeks ago and yet you've responded to me a number of times since then, so I'll believe it when I see it. I, on the other hand, will make the opposite claim. I will respond to you whenever I think you are wrong, which regrettably has been on the increase of late.
02/13/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Gracklë
When we accept poor support or service...what does it say of us?

Quite.

Forums such as this is the only voice we have and the only way to let Blizzard know that their poorly-tested updates and poor customer service is not acceptable.
02/13/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Avengeress

I agree with the importance of communication. However in this thread, the community has been pretty clear that “no change” is not acceptable. They want immediate solutions and demand a promise that Blizzard can’t give.

Actually I think after 4 weeks we are simply asking for a little more information than "no change... no ETA... we're working on it".

It's not that they can't tell us more than that.
It's that they won't tell us more than that.

So you are right, "no change" is not acceptable. We want a response which is.
02/13/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Mootaro
At least the blues broke radio silence...

That they did :)
02/12/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Wachovia
02/08/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Fleury

There's a major flaw in this logic. If 10% of people unsub because of this, they lose way more money than they lose by people making the economy healthy and letting some people run infinite on tokens.

The fact that it is intentional does seem to have some merit, just can't figure out why. There's no way a company of this size can't fix something like this

Speaking of running infinite on tokens.. I haven't paid Blizz a cent in real-world currency since December 2015 running exclusively on tokens. At the current price of a token I need to clear roughly 6200 Gold per day to buy one. (In Dec 2015 when I bought my first token the price was 35,690 gold which meant I needed to clear only about 1,200 per day to pay for my sub). I've built up a pretty nice nest-egg in that time to keep buying tokens, but I've taken quite a hit in my transmog sales with the API being down. I do use TSM and Undermine Journal to help me find/track deals/sales across the servers I play the AH on and with no API, no updates.

I don't like to believe this is a ploy to drain me dry on using gold for tokens for my sub (Someone else is simply paying for me to play by listing the tokens in the AH) but when I'm running at a loss, I'll look into anything to try and find the reason..

Sounds like your money-making model is basically the same as mine. I have my main server plus about 4 or 5 satellite servers and use Undermine Journal to source bargains - largely on transmog and rare recipes although sometimes a bit of armor/equip too.

Making money on other servers is beneficial because I can pay for game-time / character transfers/boosts etc or buying mounts without affecting the cash reserve for my main server which is needed for raiding/armor etc.

On my satellite servers I just post for 48 hours and don't even bother checking for undercuts. On my main server I might check for undercut once or twice in the 48-hour period.

Currently with no API I lose my purchasing source, so it's one-way money-making at the moment. I can try to sell my current stock but I can't replace it. Less and less items each week means less and less sales so income is plummeting. I do have cash reserves to sub for a while on tokens, but obviously that's not an infinite supply.

If people are able to make less money, the WoW token supply chain takes a hit. If I have to sub for a month with $15 of my money, instead of $20 of someone else's money, Blizzard make less money.

Since I don't believe Blizzard want to make less money I don't believe there's any ploy or anything sinister going on. I just think something (probably to do with gear on the new level-scaling system) has seriously gone wrong with the API engine, they never bothered to test that before they released patch 7.3.5 and it's become a much bigger job to fix that they anticipated.

But tbh if level-scaling on armor etc is the cause of the issue I don't see why they can't at least partially restore the API for the item types which are not affected - which would at least enable people to once again source bargains on transmog and rare recipes which probably won't be affected by the level scaling.

I am of course making a number of assumptions on what has gone wrong, owing to the lack of any actual information from Blizzard on the matter other than "we're working on it - no ETA".
Any new updates Blue? Its been about a month since it went down.
Just letting you all know that we are working on a hotfix at the moment to re-enable the Web and Mobile AH.

Due to changes made in 7.3.5, players will be need to have logged in to the game since the patch launch in order to be able to access the Mobile AH once this hotfix is live. Just for some additional clarity, these database changes were why we disabled the tools on the launch of 7.3.5 and why it took us a little bit to update them.

Soon as I'm aware that this is live I'll update the thread.
02/13/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Ythisens
Just letting you all know that we are working on a hotfix at the moment to re-enable the Web and Mobile AH.

Due to changes made in 7.3.5, players will be need to have logged in to the game since the patch launch in order to be able to access the Mobile AH once this hotfix is live. Just for some additional clarity, these database changes were why we disabled the tools on the launch of 7.3.5 and why it took us a little bit to update them.

Fantastic!!!!
Yay!!!!!!!
Good stuff. Thanks a bunch :)
Perhaps Blizzard is improving after all.

Or maybe not, considering this took four weeks, nearly a month. It was either seriously broken or it wasn't just a bug.
What if this is just the update post every one was asking for

*picture of conspiracy Keanu*

And Ythisens is just trolling us and we have to wait another month?
02/13/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Ythisens

Thank you.