Mobile/Web Auction House Disabled in 7.3.5

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 45 Next
01/25/2018 03:39 AMPosted by Howett
Please uninstall the game if turning off the ToS violators is a issue with you.
If 90% of your time is spent on your phone playing WoW.
No one needs you playing at all.
Thanks.
Have fun.

Hmmm a separate application that plays the game for you...

Whatever you are having for breakfast, please stop eating it. its impacting your ability to formulate coherent thoughts.

Thanks
01/24/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Dewintheface
Considering blizzard's size and its resources, the only reason it is still not fixed a week after, is the fact that it is not a priority for them. Their internal business analysis has probably shown them that facilitating players with more efficient ways to trade outside the game client does not produce net profit for the company. In another word, the majority population relying on the api use it primarily to make in game gold, in order to either play for free or to sell it on secondary market for real money. Blizzard really doesn't make money after these players. People saying they don't have time to play the game but enjoying the app experience is purely BS, honestly.

I have paid for WoW subscriptions with real money since I started playing on EU when I lived in England back in 2005. I only started paying in WoW tokens from in-game gold in the past year or so. So Blizzard have still had 12 years worth of my subscription money.

I never sell gold for real money - all the money I make using the API to find bargains is spent on in-game items or WoW tokens to pay for game time and character boosts etc.

Now my life is such that I have limited time to play the game - but when I have time I want to play the game content, not spend that time farming to earn money to survive.

If Blizzard's research tells them I am not profitable enough now for them after the 12 years' worth of subs, and that I am not worth their actually TESTING their patches before they release them in order to not cripple a major component of the game that a lot of people use - then I am not sure I want to continue to support Blizzard.

Not only 12 years of subs but I've bought a lot of games from Blizzard over the years. If this is how they are treating their customers, I am not sure I'll be buying any more.
01/25/2018 03:39 AMPosted by Howett
Please uninstall the game if turning off the ToS violators is a issue with you.
If 90% of your time is spent on your phone playing WoW.
No one needs you playing at all.
Thanks.
Have fun.

Hmmm a separate application that plays the game for you...

Why do you invest time just to come hear and troll people? People are posting because they have genuine issues with the game. The mobile AH app, website armory app and API are all part of the game. A very important part for a lot of people as you can tell from this thread.

If you can't say anything constructive, please don't say anything at all.
I think this silence is just insulting now.

Blizzard do you know why Hello Games got so much flack for their original release of No Man's Sky? Far more than the lack of content on its release was their total silence in the face of massive backlash from the customers who'd spent AAA dollar on what was effectively an early beta quality game.

Had HG actually said "yes we know this initial release isn't all that you'd hoped for but don't worry - we are working hard on more content and this should be released within the next X time period" this communication would have gone a long way to keeping their customers interested. As it stood their 200,000 initial concurrent users dwindled to under 5,000 worldwide in those first few months.

Honestly that's what this 7.3.5 patch of yours feels like - beta quality. Not tested properly. Should never have been released.

Some good communication with your customers now could go a long way here. 9 days of silence is not good communication.

My subscription runs out in 5 days. Not currently motivated to spend in-game gold on a WoW token when I currently have no way to replace that gold, and certainly not motivated to give you real money when this is the quality of patch you come up with.

I believe a lot of people here are finding it difficult containing our frustration.
I had a dream last night that I woke up, picked up my phone, and the remote AH was working again after this morning’s patch. Unfortunately when I woke up it still didn’t work.

Blizzard, fix your game!
I agree with all of you now. I wanted to give blizzard the BOTD. But over 9 days is way passed what I am willing to tolerate. I regret buying a token a few days ago because I haven't even logged in the last couple days due to the API outage and zero communication from blizzard. Come on guys. The least you can do is tell your million subscribers what the heck is going on.
01/24/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Dewintheface
Considering blizzard's size and its resources, the only reason it is still not fixed a week after, is the fact that it is not a priority for them. Their internal business analysis has probably shown them that facilitating players with more efficient ways to trade outside the game client does not produce net profit for the company. In another word, the majority population relying on the api use it primarily to make in game gold, in order to either play for free or to sell it on secondary market for real money. Blizzard really doesn't make money after these players. People saying they don't have time to play the game but enjoying the app experience is purely BS, honestly.

A token costs $20 and gives you 30 days of game time. A monthly pay subscription costs (starting at) $15 a month. As you can see, Blizzard makes more off of a subscription for a month through tokens than they do through the "conventional" means. So your logic doesn't really pan out there.

Not to mention a lot of players play the AH to afford other things in the game, such as mounts, pets, gear, etc.

With that said, it is not a priority for them; history with these types of issues have shown that.
01/25/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Maplebunny
I think this silence is just insulting now.

Blizzard do you know why Hello Games got so much flack for their original release of No Man's Sky? Far more than the lack of content on its release was their total silence in the face of massive backlash from the customers who'd spent AAA dollar on what was effectively an early beta quality game.

Had HG actually said "yes we know this initial release isn't all that you'd hoped for but don't worry - we are working hard on more content and this should be released within the next X time period" this communication would have gone a long way to keeping their customers interested. As it stood their 200,000 initial concurrent users dwindled to under 5,000 worldwide in those first few months.

Honestly that's what this 7.3.5 patch of yours feels like - beta quality. Not tested properly. Should never have been released.

Some good communication with your customers now could go a long way here. 9 days of silence is not good communication.

My subscription runs out in 5 days. Not currently motivated to spend in-game gold on a WoW token when I currently have no way to replace that gold, and certainly not motivated to give you real money when this is the quality of patch you come up with.

I believe a lot of people here are finding it difficult containing our frustration.
I now feel you and bros concerns about this issue. I figured they would have it fixed within a few days but to no avail. In the 8 years I've been playing I have never experienced such a lack of customer service.
Just a friendly update that we're still working on getting all of these back online but currently have no ETA.

I'll update you guys as soon as I know more about this :)
01/25/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Ythisens
Just a friendly update that we're still working on getting all of these back online but currently have no ETA.

Tiny ox, you make me sad. :(

But thank you for the update finally. More communication is always better than silence.

What exactly did the patch break in the mobile auction house?
It took 9 days for an update that says No ETA?? Again..this patch should have never been released. It has caused more bad than good.
01/25/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Amaer

What exactly did the patch break in the mobile auction house?

THE API which uses data in the game to set prices. It has been down since last Tuesday.
Well, for an API that always have something broken, like mounts collected.. just a few weeks is nothing.

Keep going guys, lets make this topic very popular.
01/25/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Barr
Well, for an API that always have something broken, like mounts collected.. just a few weeks is nothing.

awsome
01/25/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Barr

The api is for the auction house. It has nothing to do with mount collections or anything like that.
01/25/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Galasina
It took 9 days for an update that says No ETA?? Again..this patch should have never been released. It has caused more bad than good.

I agree completely.

Blizzard, roll back the patch until it's functional please.
Just imagine the heartache of these poor mistreated souls, not being able to compulsively accumulate game currency with the utmost efficiency! Proletariat of Azeroth, UNITE!
01/25/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Veener
Just imagine the heartache of these poor mistreated souls, not being able to compulsively accumulate game currency with the utmost efficiency! Proletariat of Azeroth, UNITE!

You don't have to troll us. Some of us work hard to farm stuff to make the gold that we do. And the mobile AH is a big part of some peoples game because while they are at work taking a break or on lunch or at school on lunch or home room, they check their auctions or try to find deals so when they get home they can jump on and flip the stuff. The API is important.
01/25/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Veener

Yeah imagine the poor sods who can't watch all the movie they paid for. Or all the poor sods who can't eat the appetizer or dessert that came with the meal they ordered.

Get out of the thread troll. If you can't understand paying customers unhappy they're not getting all they paid for then why stand in the gap for the company.

Maybe mommy and daddy pay for your subscription, but some of us care about how our money is spent.