ED IS SAFE

Emerald Dream
I laugh as people do not realize that this is a bad thing for EmeraldDream.

Unless you really don't care about PvP and just wanna RP.
Looking forward to seeing everyone here on Tichondrius in BfA!
01/30/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Abrahof
One being: A negative but not devastating blow, it splits the community in two. RPers will be existing on two separate shards and be unwilling or unable to make a cohesive decision as to what to stay on. This assumes major cities (Org, SMC, SW, IF) share that sharding effect or will remain on one shard and you may toggle PvP on or off but stay put (as it is now)
Per the interview, they said those flagged for PvP and those not flagged on RP servers will still be able to see each other.
((

02/02/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Irenaus
Per the interview, they said those flagged for PvP and those not flagged on RP servers will still be able to see each other.

If this is true then wth are we all crying about? Its the absolute best way of handling it. A definite win-win for the rppvp servers.

))
02/02/2018 06:49 AMPosted by Stablemare
((

If this is true then wth are we all crying about? Its the absolute best way of handling it. A definite win-win for the rppvp servers.

))

It hasn't been clearly presented at times.

How will the world PvP work? You said that people across all servers will be separated.
When you enable this feature, you will phase into a PvP only zone. While not everyone can phase into a single phase, you'll only be phased with people also who have the feature enabled.

The exception is RP servers which will follow the standard RP servers rules. Toggling World PvP on, on RP servers, you'll still be able to see players on the same servers with the Toggle off.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281275/liveblog-of-the-january-30-battle-for-azeroth-q-a-with-ion-hazzikostas
One being: A negative but not devastating blow, it splits the community in two. RPers will be existing on two separate shards and be unwilling or unable to make a cohesive decision as to what to stay on. This assumes major cities (Org, SMC, SW, IF) share that sharding effect or will remain on one shard and you may toggle PvP on or off but stay put (as it is now)

So it would be like current PVE servers?

So basically we're becoming a PvE server. Not ideal...
Make it a guild requirement to be flagged at all times. Problem solved.
02/02/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Isarii

I guess its better than not being able to PvP at all?....

02/02/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Charfang

LOL
02/02/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Atheinia

The main difference being, from my understanding, you cannot flag or unflag in the world itself. One can only flag in a major city.
01/31/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Treng
I am obscenely cautiously optimistic. Ion stated that the term RP-PVP is done and that Emerald Dream is a Roleplay server. That means RP rules applies, and that means people who troll RP are screwed.

If the GMs actually care, anyway. They didn't last time I played, and I doubt they will in Bofa. I'll keep an eye on how they treat ED over the first couple months. If they actually treat ED like the RP server it's supposed to be, I'll give it another shot.

What bothers me is how can a game claiming to be WARCRAFT so easily destroy pvp?
02/02/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Boadicea
What bothers me is how can a game claiming to be WARCRAFT so easily destroy pvp?

The devs could make things right with the world(of warcraft) if they brought back WORLD DEFENSE.
02/02/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Jimmirus
02/02/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Boadicea

The devs could make things right with the world(of warcraft) if they brought back WORLD DEFENSE.

Has this ever been addressed in any of the Q&A's? It seems like such an arbitrary thing to remove. Since Ion apparently likes us we should try to make more noise about it.
... Per the interview, they said those flagged for PvP and those not flagged on RP servers will still be able to see each other.

Ugh.. I'd rather not even see the people who want to be blueflagged. Can't wait to be flagged IC and getting roflstomped as others just watch me die alone w/o so much as lifting a finger...

It's better than all kinds of unacceptable scenarios any one of us could invent out of thin air - but the total removal of PvP was never on the table and I try to place the bar a bit higher for an ostensibly PvP realm.

I just realized I was misreading the title. It's not that ED in its current state is safe. It's that ED is now a safe place. Damn shame.
02/02/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Faolana

02/02/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Charfang

LOL

I mean, unless someone in guild is running a D20 we expect everyone to be flagged. Not sure why that notion on what has always been a RP/PvP server is "LOL".
02/02/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Irenaus
02/02/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Atheinia

The main difference being, from my understanding, you cannot flag or unflag in the world itself. One can only flag in a major city.

So if I forget to flag myself and come across wpvp out in the world, I have to go all the way back to Org or wherever to flag? Ugh...