Keychain Authenticator doesn't count?

General Discussion
1 2 3 19 Next
So my Keychain authenticator doesn't count for the extra bag slots?

I have paid for and have had one for years, but this doesn't count for me?? I tried it?

I don't have any other devices and can't even use the SMS whatever it is, but, my Authenticator doesn't count.
yes it counts, but you also have to have the SMS turned on too.
Blizzard, get ready to do this over.

This is almost as stupid as Real ID.

If I wanted you to text me, you'd have my number.
I can live without the 4 bag slots, but I don't like the stupid + sign on my backpack.
The key chain should count because it's tied to your account.

The patch notes say that both the Authenticator and SMS Protect are required for the bag slots. However, there's been reports surfacing that even with both, some players are not getting them.
Yes, it counts. I have the Keychain and got the slots. I also have SmS protect.
As mentioned in the 7.3.5 Patch Notes...
Accounts protected by an Authenticator and Blizzard SMS Protect gain four extra backpack slots.You will need both a physical/digital authenticator and SMS Protect in order to receive the benefit of the extra backpack slots - but either authencticator should be fine! :)
so basically buy a cell phone and get service if I want the 4 extra bag slots, geee, thanks.....I really like a feature that would require that.
01/16/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Ornyx
Accounts protected by an Authenticator and Blizzard SMS Protect gain four extra backpack slots.You will need both a physical/digital authenticator and SMS Protect in order to receive the benefit of the extra backpack slots - but either authencticator should be fine! :)

Might have been mentioned in the patch notes for the patch that came out last second, but nowhere was it mentioned you wanted us to sign up for text alerts also until now. You can keep the extra slots in that case. Not a fan of silly last second changes like this.
01/16/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Dãra

Might have been mentioned in the patch notes for the patch that came out last second, but nowhere was it mentioned you wanted us to sign up for text alerts also until now. You can keep the extra slots in that case. Not a fan of silly last second changes like this.

It wasn't last second.
01/16/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Zeddicious

It wasn't last second.

Yes it was.
looks like Blizz is into selling personal info now...
I have the authenticator which is on an iPad that does not have mobile (cell) access and my only telephone is a landline. Since I have no means to receive SMS messages - I am being totally discriminated against by your company.

Am I being told I have to buy a mobile phone to meet your demands. At my age (retired for 10 years) I do not need to spend funds on a device I do not need!

A disgrace BLIZZARD.
It is very stupid to require sms protect too. Another screw up by the company.
The only time, blizz does something, is when money is involved...
The annoying part is more that they talked upgrading the backpack years ago at blizzcon when announcing Cata and then waited all this time just to add a catch to it.
I have both and I haven't gotten the bag slots.

Edit:
Now it shows up.

Same. I'm happy to carry an authenticator, I like the security. But I'll be damned if I'm giving blizzard access to my phone in any way, shape, or form.
I do not have any way to enable SMS Protect...I have a landline only. I have had a Authenticator for years.