Keychain Authenticator doesn't count?

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 19 Next
i have had the keychain since they released them years ago and ive NEVER been hacked since i bought it so why do i have to have a stupid app on my phone to get 4 bags when its USELESS. ive NEVER lost the keychain since i had it so how is SMS any more secure because i loose my phone ALL THE TIME at least once a week. i dont always need my phone but I ALWAYS need my keys thats why i dont loose them. i feel like this is a low blow to people who spent 5 dollars for the real authentication. if i have to have the new sms I WANT MY 5 DOLLARS BACK OR THE BAG SPACE simple fix. i bought it for maxim protection for my account i shouldnt have to get a stupid app.
01/16/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Ornyx
As mentioned in the 7.3.5 Patch Notes...
Accounts protected by an Authenticator and Blizzard SMS Protect gain four extra backpack slots.You will need both a physical/digital authenticator and SMS Protect in order to receive the benefit of the extra backpack slots - but either authencticator should be fine! :)

You should remove sms as a requirement.
01/16/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Vesha
so basically buy a cell phone and get service if I want the 4 extra bag slots, geee, thanks.....I really like a feature that would require that.

You have a PC and can play WoW but NO cell?

Internet. cell phone are utilities you NEED for everything these days. Stop blaming everyone else just cus you can't get with the times.
01/16/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Leatherfoot
Blizzard, get ready to do this over.

This is almost as stupid as Real ID.

If I wanted you to text me, you'd have my number.

Gives Blizzard credit/debit card, billing address, real name, zip code. BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF THEY GET MY PHONE NUMBER
Same boat, have an authenticator but just land line, so I guess no bag slots.

Sorry...my fault for not wanting microwaves running through my head.

Not like in another 15 years or so record numbers of people are going to start having brain cancer.
Probably sooner than that with all this 5g business.
01/17/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Dyad
so basically buy a cell phone and get service if I want the 4 extra bag slots, geee, thanks.....I really like a feature that would require that.

You have a PC and can play WoW but NO cell?

Internet. cell phone are utilities you NEED for everything these days. Stop blaming everyone else just cus you can't get with the times.

Why do I need a cell, got a tablet, don't currently drive, work from home, have a land line, had built up debt to pay off. need is a strong word, and most people that need a cell phone barely know how to use them, I know, I deal with them every day on simple things like connecting them to their wifi. I mean how much do you know about your wifi, even the simple things about it, I could say the same things about you if you don't understand the basics of something you use everyday and have a fit about if its not working. and im not blaming anyone, im just annoyed they locked this behind a sms, I've used a authenticator since they came out. I just take offence to this idea that you "have" to own a cell phone, most of the people I deal with daily don't even know 1/10th of what their phone can do and barely know how to turn the thing on and take a call, some only even really know how to text.
01/17/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Graingra
i have had the keychain since they released them years ago and ive NEVER been hacked since i bought it so why do i have to have a stupid app on my phone to get 4 bags when its USELESS. ive NEVER lost the keychain since i had it so how is SMS any more secure because i loose my phone ALL THE TIME at least once a week. i dont always need my phone but I ALWAYS need my keys thats why i dont loose them. i feel like this is a low blow to people who spent 5 dollars for the real authentication. if i have to have the new sms I WANT MY 5 DOLLARS BACK OR THE BAG SPACE simple fix. i bought it for maxim protection for my account i shouldnt have to get a stupid app.

You don't seem to understand how this works at all. You don't need $5 back seeing as your current Auth is perfectly fine. That is what I have too.

To get the 4 bag slots you need 2 things:

1. An Authenticator. It can be the keychain OR Mobile app.

2. SMS Protect text messaging service. It just means giving Blizzard your phone number so you get notified if someone tries to change the password on your account or remove your Auth.
Accounts protected by an Authenticator and Blizzard SMS Protect gain four extra backpack slots.You will need both a physical/digital authenticator and SMS Protect in order to receive the benefit of the extra backpack slots - but either authencticator should be fine! :)
I too have the key-chain authenticator. I checked mine last night and my main pack is at 20 so it apparently worked for me.
01/16/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Cannibal

I hear people have colored TVs too.

Seriously, if you don't have a phone these days, I'm surprised you're an adult.

If you make an argument like this, you're NOT an adult.
01/17/2018 02:10 AMPosted by Grâsshopper
I got mine 3 yrs ago and they gave me the extra slots but after a patch it reverted back to normal slots so I contacted bliz and they shrugged if off. You cannot get help from bliz because they don't care .

"We're the World of Warcraft Company. We don't care. We don't have to."
It's been almost 24 hours and this hasn't been hotfixed?

Remove SMS from this Blizzard.

1. We've been asking for a main backpack upgrade forever.
2. SMS doesn't improve security.
3. Many don't have/want texting with a data plan.
4. VOIP doesn't work.
5. Emulators defeat the purpose of having security on a separate device.
6. A device with your SMS and any other blizzard app actually decreases account security.
7. Last minute bait and switch is for scuzzy companies.
8. If you actually needed anyone's phone number you would just require it to start an account.
9. Sick of the green "+" reminding me of your BS.
10. Sub runs out in 5 days.
Cowardly Dog responds to this but refuses to confront us on any true issues!
The amount of whining on this is ridiculous.

Four bag slots is all you're missing out on if you won't/can't use SMS protect.

Good lord people.

They respond to this issue, but not the raid scaling....
I feel totally ripped off on this one
I have to say being punished for not owning a cell phone, which is not in my fixed budget, might just be the straw that breaks my back, again. This is discrimination against anyone that can't afford a damn piece of tech. This had best be changed, and soon, or I will be looking for another way to spend my time. I am disabled, so I am very limited in what I can do and how much I can spend. I have also been in game since the original beta, with only a short time away due to surgeries. I am not happy AT ALL about this decision on Blizzards part.
01/17/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Annastasi
The amount of whining on this is ridiculous.

Four bag slots is all you're missing out on if you won't/can't use SMS protect.

Good lord people.

My bags are mostly empty anyway. I just want the little icon to go away.
but what if they break into your house/car and steal your authenticator AND get your account information!!!

"If they go through all that trouble... then fine they can have my account"
01/17/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Fatbad
My bags are mostly empty anyway. I just want the little icon to go away.

^ This. I have no intention of 'upgrading' my account to get the four bank slots. So It would be nice to have the little Icon gone.
I tried to get this..

Only to get an error message saying since I have PREPAID phone service I'm ineligible.

WHAT THE FIRETRUCK ?

Remove the stupid SMS requirement because it doesn't work for people with prepaid.