Keychain Authenticator doesn't count?

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 19 Next
01/17/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Leatherfoot
It's been almost 24 hours and this hasn't been hotfixed?

Remove SMS from this Blizzard.

1. We've been asking for a main backpack upgrade forever.
2. SMS doesn't improve security.
3. Many don't have/want texting with a data plan.
4. VOIP doesn't work.
5. Emulators defeat the purpose of having security on a separate device.
6. A device with your SMS and any other blizzard app actually decreases account security.
7. Last minute bait and switch is for scuzzy companies.
8. If you actually needed anyone's phone number you would just require it to start an account.
9. Sick of the green "+" reminding me of your BS.
10. Sub runs out in 5 days.

This. Mine runs out in 9, and for the first time ever, I am debating to let it expire.
01/16/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Ornyx
As mentioned in the 7.3.5 Patch Notes...
Accounts protected by an Authenticator and Blizzard SMS Protect gain four extra backpack slots.You will need both a physical/digital authenticator and SMS Protect in order to receive the benefit of the extra backpack slots - but either authencticator should be fine! :)

Well tell them to change it.
01/17/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Mirasol
You don't seem to understand how this works at all.

Wow, condescension from ornyx and now a green. All's we need is watcher for the trifecta!

If any of you (or your white knights) had bothered reading the complaints here, you would see that

A) We "get" your last minute add on of requiring the less secure sms "protect"

B) It's a terrible idea and there are other logistical factors that prevent people from using it in addition to not wanting to give you a number to sell to your buddies at facebook for them to sell to others

C) If you stopped acting like ea for a few seconds, you promised the playerbase for years you would increase the backpack size if you could never indicating you would charge or otherwise require any weasel add-on stuff for it. Perhaps you should just stop being greedy for once and follow through on a promise without tacking on extra nonsense that makes people's accounts less secure so you guys can score a quick buck.

I know this is a difficult concept to grasp, but us "simpletons" who don't dwell on the "olympus" that you guys think is actiblizz hq actually do understand your so called "vision" without one of you deigning to descend to descend from on high explain it to us mere mortals. What you guys "up there" have failed to grasp since wod isn't that we "don't 'get it'" it's that we at best disagree and at worst think they're monumentally stupid decisions, like this one.

There was a time when your egos didn't blind you to this simple truth. I would encourage you the next time you have some time off to read some classic literature and/or fables that address hubris and ego. You may find it enlightening.
There's not even any consistency in what authenticator/protection you have. My brother only has the keychain authenticator, logged in, got his extra bag slots immediately. But I need both SMS and the authenticator? What the actual !@#$?
01/17/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Braiada
There's not even any consistency in what authenticator/protection you have. My brother only has the keychain authenticator, logged in, got his extra bag slots immediately. But I need both SMS and the authenticator? What the actual !@#$?

I have the keychain authenticator.

I never got extra bag slots. Someone had mentioned try disabling add-ons but still never got any.
01/17/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Joynal
01/17/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Braiada

I have the keychain authenticator.

I never got extra bag slots. Someone had mentioned try disabling add-ons but still never got any.

I have the keychain authenticator, but I also have the legion app on my phone. I got my bag slots, just checked in game just now.
01/17/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Leatherfoot
It's been almost 24 hours and this hasn't been hotfixed?

Remove SMS from this Blizzard.

1. We've been asking for a main backpack upgrade forever.
2. SMS doesn't improve security.
3. Many don't have/want texting with a data plan.
4. VOIP doesn't work.
5. Emulators defeat the purpose of having security on a separate device.
6. A device with your SMS and any other blizzard app actually decreases account security.
7. Last minute bait and switch is for scuzzy companies.
8. If you actually needed anyone's phone number you would just require it to start an account.
9. Sick of the green "+" reminding me of your BS.
10. Sub runs out in 5 days.

I was excited for the 4 bag slots and it said authenticator which I had. They added the SMS crap later which I want nothing to do with.

As much as it may shock some people I could give a flying crap about owning a phone. Long ago I got sick of phone calls for surveys, trying to sell you crap, wanting donations for this or that, and many other useless wasted time walking to pick up and hang up the phone.

You're addicted to your cell phone and think nobody can live without one? Well I can live without one just fine.
I have had the physical authenticator since the beginning, I do not have a cell phone as I have no need for one. I will not go buy one for 4 slots. It won't matter now to me to just go on as usual. Even thought it is 2018 not everyone has a use for cellphones.
A) We "get" your last minute add on of requiring the less secure sms "protect"

B) It's a terrible idea and there are other logistical factors that prevent people from using it in addition to not wanting to give you a number to sell to your buddies at facebook for them to sell to others

C) If you stopped acting like ea for a few seconds, you promised the playerbase for years you would increase the backpack size if you could never indicating you would charge or otherwise require any weasel add-on stuff for it. Perhaps you should just stop being greedy for once and follow through on a promise without tacking on extra nonsense that makes people's accounts less secure so you guys can score a quick buck.

So much this.
Blizzard needs to acknowledge this issue.

They are giving a basic QOL improvement to some people and not others.
Accounts protected by an Authenticator and Blizzard SMS Protect gain four extra backpack slots.You will need both a physical/digital authenticator and SMS Protect in order to receive the benefit of the extra backpack slots - but either authencticator should be fine! :)

SMS is a security downgrade, Blizzard. Just make it an authenticator thanks
I would like to also contribute to this, and say I have no use or reason for a cellphone due to many reasons... but one is that there's simply no great coverage here. SMS Protect was not said anywhere (until right at near patch time) that you required it. It absolutely feels like it was change you might've had in mind, but knew it would receive negative feedback for it.

Please reconsider SMS Protect, and remove it as part of the requirements. Instead, get more wonderful Customer Service folks, Gamemasters, and Community posters to talk to us and convey information. Please... these shady tactics need to stop; we feel constantly ignored when we are even attempting at being civil.
01/16/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Wenck
I have the authenticator which is on an iPad that does not have mobile (cell) access and my only telephone is a landline. Since I have no means to receive SMS messages - I am being totally discriminated against by your company.

Am I being told I have to buy a mobile phone to meet your demands. At my age (retired for 10 years) I do not need to spend funds on a device I do not need!

A disgrace BLIZZARD.

LMAO
Honestly, requiring both is just dumb.

Taking the extra steps to use an authenticator is great, but requiring both is telling your customers, myself being an original authenticator owner since they were first released, that the authenticator system is not securing our accounts.

So which is it now, have I just been dodging the bullet for years, or are you just trying to collect our phone numbers to sell to marketing companies?
01/16/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Mate
The most common method being people use blizz europe to remove the authenticator from us accounts?

That's not being hacked, that is just Blizzard EU being stupid. Using social engineering to trick someone into remove your authenticator is what the SMS layer is for. It will send you a message telling you that someone is trying to modify your account and will request you verify it. So they would need a totally brain dead person to incorrectly remove your authenticator and your SMS layer to keep you from stopping them.

You do know that no one wants to buy a cell phone just so that they can give you their phone number, right? That's not a good enough reason.
oh em gee

cmon people, we arent all entitled to everything.

make sure these snowflakes get their statue too. and throw in the contest mount while you're at it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>You said "WoW account," not "Bnet account." Please try wording things correctly next time.

And very few people have separate Bnet accounts for this to be a major issue.

me, other guy in thread, that's 2 right alone. I know of at least 5 other people I've even spoken to that have this problem. WoW ACCCCCCCOUNT. Not WoW License.

Please try reading things correctly next time, in that case. and stop stalking me,.
Okay... dude.

1. How is responding to your posts or anyone else's stalking? You're the one making a drama fest. I'm just responding to your drama and other people. You're not that interesting for me to stalk you. Paranoid much? Geezus.

2. So a whole seven people you know out of how many people that play this game? I know a few people across three servers and three guilds who have multiple Bnet accounts too. Guess what? That's a very small portion of the player base. Which is why I said it's not a major issue. Use some deductive reasoning.

3. There is no such thing as a "WoW account." You have WoW licenses and Bnet accounts. You have multiple WoW licenses under one Bnet account. Or you have two Bnet accounts and a bunch more licenses for WoW under those Bnet accounts.

Learn your terms and stop acting like a crazy person. The world isn't out to get you or stalk you.
01/16/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Niqu
The only time, blizz does something, is when money is involved...

I agree