Tiffin Wrynn's Memorial Plaque Removed

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11
05/01/2018 02:46 AMPosted by Goldbrand
05/01/2018 02:42 AMPosted by Iseul
The plaque is there right now on the beta so whenever the patches start to roll out it should be back.

Yeah but, why was it removed in the first place? It is just a measly plague that has nothing to do with the majority of the game.

For it to disappear shows that it is due to a conscious decision rather than a programming error, because if it were, all plagues would disappear.

They did say it was a accident or maybe Ion planed it saying haha i shall take away her plaque so no one will remember her. Either way its back on in the beta just need just need some patience till those patches roll onto live servers.
05/01/2018 02:53 AMPosted by Iseul
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yeah but, why was it removed in the first place? It is just a measly plague that has nothing to do with the majority of the game.

For it to disappear shows that it is due to a conscious decision rather than a programming error, because if it were, all plagues would disappear.

They did say it was a accident or maybe Ion planed it saying haha i shall take away her plaque so no one will remember her. Either way its back on in the beta just need just need some patience till those patches roll onto live servers.

"Accident"? How can anyone accidentally remove an inconsequential obscure item in Stormwind, when the main bulk of the game is in the Broken Isles? In the millions and millions of lines of code, they have to purposely find that plague because it is of some importance to them.

If by accident, you mean they accidentally forgot to cover up their crime, oh yes, indeed that is what happened. But they are no match for the might of the forum posters.

There will be civil war.
i do have a question about it why is tiffin and varian buried in two different spots isn't it weird that they kept them apart in death.
05/01/2018 03:15 AMPosted by Iseul
i do have a question about it why is tiffin and varian buried in two different spots isn't it weird that they kept them apart in death.

He has no body to bury. His "grave" is just a memorial made from stone.
04/30/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Goldbrand
Yeah but why would they mess up a very obscure part of the game for no reason?

Your conspiracy theory still stands. We may have a civil war on our hands. Right when Anduin is in a vulnerable position. May the Light have mercy on us all...
True. I still have my suspicions. *Puts tinfoil hat back on.*

05/01/2018 02:42 AMPosted by Iseul
The plaque is there right now on the beta so whenever the patches start to roll out it should be back.
Thank you for the information! We will have to wait a couple months I suppose.
01/21/2018 04:10 AMPosted by Electrika
Update: Blizzard will be reinstalling the plaque as it was an accident. Read on for my original conspiracy theory!

Another element is removed with no just cause given. Unless they have unknown plans, Blizzard perhaps felt that new players would not understand and think she was Anduin's queen. All they would have had to do was insert a line indicating that she was King Varian's wife, but I think it was fine as it was and would have encouraged players to look up Warcraft's rich lore. It is the small things like this and the annoyed NPC lines that make the game charming. I liked visiting her burial, but newcomers will not know the importance of the sad, unmarked tomb.

[quote]Tiffin Ellerian Wrynn
Queen of Stormwind
Fair and just, a wit as quick as her smile.
May the Light inherit your warmth, for our world grows cold in your absence.

The developers removed it too soon, because at the end of the Battle of Azeroth, it gets rip down by Sylvanas herself after she takes the tour of the newly conquered Stormwind akin to the tour that Hitler took through Paris after he conquered it.
Return the slaaaaaaabbbb...

For those that missed it it was pointed out that on the Beta Tiffin's plaque is back in its rightful place!
05/01/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Ythisens

For those that missed it it was pointed out that on the Beta Tiffin's plaque is back in its rightful place!

That a courage the cowardly dog reference?

Bonus points for Courage the Cowardly Dog reference.
05/01/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Ragarèn

The things blizzard does for love...
This has made you my new favorite person.

05/01/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Thormil
Ok, you too.

I thought it was a Mark Morrison reference!

"So I'm back up in the game
Running things to keep my swing
Letting all the people know
That I'm back to run the show
'Cause what you did, you know, was wrong
And all the nasty things you've done
So, baby, listen carefully
While I sing my come-back song

It is
Return of the Slab"

THE MAN IN GAUZE THE MAN IN GAUZE

Locus-Walker stole it.
05/01/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Thormil

Better than being Naughty.

What's yer offer?!

Yeah but why did it disappear in the first place? How can it be an accident when the entirety of your time is spend on the expansion?

I can understand Isle bosses disappearing because you're trying to fix bugs there. But an inconsequential plaque in Stormwind?

This is just damage control from a blue to cover up the Wrynn civil war.
I'm still arguing that Tiffin Wrynn had an affair with Arthas, and Anduin is his son :)
05/01/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Congojack

What's yer offer?!

Eustace always reminded me of my father, the grumpy old man that was too stubborn and angry.
05/01/2018 10:47 PMPosted by Ulthrakk
I'm still arguing that Tiffin Wrynn had an affair with Arthas, and Anduin is his son :)

That theory is interesting, but unfortunately it's very obvious in the cinematics that he looks like Varian. The art team painstakingly made sure that he is his father's son.