Gonna play an OP class?

Classic Discussion
I see a lot of talk about people wanting to play op lock and warrior. These people are definitely looking through it with roses tinted glasses!

You know what's gonna happen to you on your lock when you encounter one of the 60℅ server population of Rogue?
You: cast fear
Rogue: kick/gouge/stun > spit on corpse

Oh you're playing a warrior?

You: charge
Mage: frost Nova> wand you for 5 minutes > spit on corpse

One thing I loved about NE hunters was I could send my pet after an enemy in shadowmeld, it was hilarious! And then came that aimed shot out of nowhere.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from playing a class, but make sure you pick a class you truly enjoy, because no matter what you pick, you're gonna be getting spit on!
Hmmm I was going to play a lock, but now I think I'll give rogue a try! Thanks XD
I love playing warlock, but I might level a rogue for lockpicking. I always wondered what was in those lockboxes I sold for a silver. lol
01/16/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Mordegast
I see a lot of talk about people wanting to play op lock and warrior. These people are definitely looking through it with roses tinted glasses!

You know what's gonna happen to you on your lock when you encounter one of the 60℅ server population of Rogue?
You: cast fear
Rogue: kick/gouge/stun > spit on corpse

Oh you're playing a warrior?

You: charge
Mage: frost Nova> wand you for 5 minutes > spit on corpse

One thing I loved about NE hunters was I could send my pet after an enemy in shadowmeld, it was hilarious! And then came that aimed shot out of nowhere.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from playing a class, but make sure you pick a class you truly enjoy, because no matter what you pick, you're gonna be getting spit on!
Could you shadowmeld while using eotb?
Well locks rly are op 1v1

Mortal coil, dot stack, fear, /sleep

To bad I like melee so much
Real men play Shamans, Druids, and Paladins. The rogue community is usually filled with horrendous players and the warrior community just talk about there stupid recklessness. Mages are the elitists class. There is different levels for it. The simpiliest that puts people into power trips is when they learn you can just reset a duel with Polymorph, eat and drink, and then try to 1 shot the target when it is missing CDs. They think they are MLG war gods. Polymorph lasts longer in vanilla btw.
Whatever class I play is going to end up being OP.
01/16/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Slaydel
Hmmm I was going to play a lock, but now I think I'll give rogue a try! Thanks XD

Oh don't worry, you'll get spit in by warriors, paladin's, the lucky mage that doesn't get ambush/CB evis and hunters lol.
If shaman are considered OP, then yes, I'll be playing an OP class.

If my hunter is also considered OP, then yes, I'll be playing on OP class.

Those will be the two most played by me.
01/16/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Cyberfriendx
Real men play Shamans, Druids, and Paladins. The rogue community is usually filled with horrendous players and the warrior community just talk about there stupid recklessness. Mages are the elitists class. There is different levels for it. The simpiliest that puts people into power trips is when they learn you can just reset a duel with Polymorph, eat and drink, and then try to 1 shot the target when it is missing CDs. They think they are MLG war gods. Polymorph lasts longer in vanilla btw.

So did blind, I would blind.. sit there, wait to go ooc, restealth and vigorously apply the lube.
I intend to play a Lock Warrior and Shaman. I will be playing on a PVE server so not worried about the issues with pvp.

If I'm going into this I refuse to make the same mistakes as last time. My friends played on a pvp server and the truth is I really did not like the experience of that server.
I think in order of OP for ganktasticness in WPVP:

Mage
Rogue
Lock
Hunter

With max Engineer/Alchemy for invispots/healthpots/flasks + engineer goodies of nonsense.

Invisamage opening with a rocket launcher stun is pretty RIP.
My first pvp death in WoW came at the hands of a warrior, and my noobishness.

I was a ne warrior at the time. I was 30ish and came across an orc warrior about my level in Arathi Highlands near refuge point. I thought it would be an even match, until the undead rogue popped out and it was over pretty fast. lol

I learned to assume there is a rogue nearby. That rogue made me a better player.
01/16/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Mordegast

Apparently everyone is looking through rose tinted glasses these days, but only if they have a different opinion than yours.
Why yes, yes I will be playing an OP class this time around. As I already know what did NOT make it into the viable club.

/evilgrin
A spriest you say ;-)
01/16/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Persevere
My first pvp death in WoW came at the hands of a warrior, and my noobishness.

I was a ne warrior at the time. I was 30ish and came across an orc warrior about my level in Arathi Highlands near refuge point. I thought it would be an even match, until the undead rogue popped out and it was over pretty fast. lol

I learned to assume there is a rogue nearby. That rogue made me a better player.

Lol
My first death was to a rogue as well, a NE in stonetalon mountains. I looked for him for awhile, never found the bastard.
OP classes were Warrior, Mage, Rogue or Priest.

Locks were second tier because of their utility and their dps once they got into the end game.
01/16/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Pathyra
OP classes were Warrior, Mage, Rogue or Priest.

Locks were second tier because of their utility and their dps once they got into the end game.

It was almost rock paper scissors. Classes had their own identity, their own strength and weaknesses, and that's something I very much miss about classic.

Honestly the only class I never worried about were druids, but I have to wonder if it was because they were all forced to be healers. All I ever ran into was a resto druid.
Unholy DK for sure here