Lost Character after patch!

Customer Support
character not found after patch! This is my main character I play everyday. WTF
I'm experiencing this too! Tried logging onto various characters but all of them show up as "Character Not Found".
Yeah, same here.
Yep, same here.
We're aware of "Character Not Found", "Character Creation Timed Out" & black character screens when trying to log in. This appears to be due to the number of players attempting to log into game currently. Please try again later.
Try deleting wtf, cache and interface folders.

Make sure you are entirely signed off bnet.

Log back in.

Good luck!
Same here..
same here!!!!!
Happy patch day everyone! LOL...
You would think Blizzard would learn that after a big patch and changes people have been looking for they would expect high log in volumes. You would think they would find a way to adjust realms for these situations. We go through this every expansion, hyped up patch, and new content. Just very annoying.
me too both my realms have no chars
Full of crap. Most of my guild is raiding right now and all I get is a black screen...I wonder if they'll comp the entire day I missed because of this crap
same here :(
I am also experiencing the black character select screen. Glad to at least know I'm not alone before I start deleting and reinstalling everything
01/16/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Trtrob
Full of crap. Most of my guild is raiding right now and all I get is a black screen...I wonder if they'll comp the entire day I missed because of this crap

That comes out to about 50 cents, less if you have a recurring subscription.
I'm having the same thing says can't find Character !!!
Yeah, I'm pissed...whats worse is that they were able to notify me that my subscription expired so I made sure to pay it...but low and behold...I can't play...no characters for about 3 minutes then they populate, I click on join realm and VIOLA! Character Not Found! Across all realms for all my characters - and deleting the cache, interface, and WTF folders doesn't work either...neither does the scan and repair button...

And no offense, but high volumes of folks logging in and just wait try again later is unacceptable when my guild right now is out there raiding and here I am sitting around with my thumb up my butt waiting on yall...
I can't log in either, though my friend that tried logging in at the same time got in just fine