Best Patch in 10 Years.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Who does dungeons to level.. Questing is much more quicker. Dungeons are back to being loot upgrade areas and possible dungeon quests. Even in vanilla it would be the only reason i did them.
01/17/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Nazthori
01/17/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Invisscerate
Hold that thought when people no longer que for dungeons.

OH NO, I CAN'T FACEROLL THE DUNGEONS. BETTER NOT QUEUE!

Tempted to start a new alt right now just for this statement.

Just so I can queue dungeons.

Forreal, the QQ/salt right now is unreal. Heaven forbid you can't mash your face on the keyboard any more. People like you are the reason half the specs in this game take 0 thought to play.

Seriously. It's an RPG. I want to think when I play it. That's fun.

No one wants to spend an hour in a dungeon after sitting 30m in a que.
01/17/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Bobzômbie
I can finally enjoy the old dungeons again. I can finally enjoy old boss mechanics like in vanilla. Finally I dont have to run to the end of a dungeon non stop one shotting every mob like some entitled millenial.

Do you play a troll in game as well?

People could always have done that. The nice thing about the patch is that it will suck all of the extra gold out of the servers due to rampant price rises as people realize that stuff cannot be farmed nearly as quickly. It will also help with any lag issues as the servers empty of players.

I'm just glad that I don't need to bother with having toons a non PvP server. Now I can enjoy my PvP server without all of that pesky PvP stuff.
I imagine that, a long time player who has all his favorite classes leveled up already has no problem with the leveling system being a time sink. Good to hear.
01/17/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Bobzômbie
Finally I dont have to run to the end of a dungeon non stop one shotting every mob like some entitled millenial.
Yeah those damn entitled millenials (who happen to make up the majority of vanilla wow players).
Lotta Trump supporters in this here thread
01/17/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Lathyna

Unless I'm absolutely forced to run a dungeon, I avoid them like the plague now!

How ironic. That is exactly how I felt before this patch. Literally, 100% what you just said.

I despised the speed runs with a passion and avoided them completely unless a quest took me there. I started playing the game many years ago when the dungeons were fun and challenging. It seems so many these days have completely forgotten about the fun part and only want that quick reward handed to them without having to think or even actually really play the game. Dungeons had become a complete joke in this game. I for one am happy they fixed this issue.

This patch will actually having me doing dungeons again. So why do dungeons you ask? To have fun maybe and have a bit of a challenge. Ever think of that? In case some of you may not know dungeons in WoW were not originally designed to be a means to speed level, not by any means. Dungeons were designed to offer a group some challenging content and the chance at some nice loot. They butchered dungeons years ago and I am so glad they fixed an aspect of the game I once loved. Thanks Blizzard!
bump
I don't know if this is the best patch in 10 years, but I did fall through the world and crash out of the server when I first logged on with this character for the first time since 7.3.5 went live. Apparently I left him on just the right spot of terrain that was modified when they added the embassy in Stormwind.
01/17/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Battroll
Lotta Trump supporters in this here thread

No doubt. What a jerk, he didn't even give us a tweet before he screwed up our game!
01/17/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Lathyna
01/17/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Axebreaker

8 minutes for a full dungeon clear where nobody died while the healer DPS'd was not a 'sweet spot', it was a travesty to the concept of a dungeon.

Lies, it was a prefect balance that didn't need to be changed!

LOL no
[Seriously. It's an RPG. I want to think when I play it. That's fun.

This game has never been that thinking game you're talking about, never.
01/17/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Nazthori

OH NO, I CAN'T FACEROLL THE DUNGEONS. BETTER NOT QUEUE!

Tempted to start a new alt right now just for this statement.

Just so I can queue dungeons.

Forreal, the QQ/salt right now is unreal. Heaven forbid you can't mash your face on the keyboard any more. People like you are the reason half the specs in this game take 0 thought to play.

Seriously. It's an RPG. I want to think when I play it. That's fun.

Tell me, who do you think were the people in those low level dungeon queues?

Those were likely altholics.

Guess who won't be in those queues anymore because leveling alts has become a tedious chore?
01/17/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Çhewy
01/17/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Ithenell

Uh....didnt the game come out in 2004?
How were you playing WoW 20 years ago?

They have games that came out before WoW?

yeah it was called warcraft and these RTS's rocked, they're still better then wow has done in lore and story, again RTS did this WTF?!
The scaling and mob hp buffs were more than welcome. However the best patch in 10 years didn't come with a bunch of flaws.

Scaling old raids to prevent solo farming for mounts, mods, and achievements
Raising the XP required per level
Reducing the XP gained from running the newly improved dungeons
Nerfing loom gear

None of things were necessary or asked for so no, this isn't the best patch in ten years, not even close.
01/17/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Moshpit
The scaling and mob hp buffs were more than welcome.

People keep saying this but don't explain why.

Please explain to me why hitting drain life twice to kill a mob is an more than welcome change. It just seems like a time sink to me. I still take zero damage, the mob still dies, I get xp and loot, it just takes me twice as long.
01/17/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Soulshoxs
Who does dungeons to level.. Questing is much more quicker. Dungeons are back to being loot upgrade areas and possible dungeon quests. Even in vanilla it would be the only reason i did them.

Because I would rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon that follow the do a quest, turn it in, get three more, do them, get a quest to go to the next quest giver, repeat for the umpteenth time.

I am sick of all of the old stuff. I'm just less sick of leveling in dungeons where I don't have to run around all day to get from a to b and fill my bags with grays and whites. In fact, if I could level strictly doing BGs, I would.
If you wanted the EXPERIENCE to be more challenging , use crappy gear. The vendor whites would really make it difficult, try them or maybe some old greys!

What I keep getting from those who love the new patch is " I don't want others to have fun". You guys really are jerks. You really seem hell bent on ruining other peoples game play, like them being happy offends you.

Don't worry Blizzard never admits to or changes bad decisions so the new changes will stay or more likely be doubled down on. At this point I am beginning to think the promise of "Classic" is just a lie to lure back all the subs they have lost over the years from their terrible decisions.
01/17/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Slorm
If you wanted the EXPERIENCE to be more challenging , use crappy gear. The vendor whites would really make it difficult, try them or maybe some old greys!

What I keep getting from those who love the new patch is " I don't want others to have fun". You guys really are jerks. You really seem hell bent on ruining other peoples game play, like them being happy offends you.

Don't worry Blizzard never admits to or changes bad decisions so the new changes will stay or more likely be doubled down on. At this point I am beginning to think the promise of "Classic" is just a lie to lure back all the subs they have lost over the years from their terrible decisions.

Well said. The people defending this change only see it as a window of opportunity to come swooping in and play Internet Tough Guy™.

Almost all the people I've seen saying "THIS PATCH IS SO GOOD!" are either max level players who probably haven't even started a new alt yet, or people who are on alts... but still decked out in heirlooms - I thought you wanted a challenge, huh?

These people just want to stir the pot, and it's completely hindering a legitimate gameplay concern for the rest of us.