[A] ⚒️Modan Co VII: Archaeology Never Dies⚒️

Moon Guard
Entering our 10th year, Moon Guard’s premier archaeology and exploration guild is more vibrant than ever. Azeroth is a world with a rich history and collection of cultures, with much to still explore. We meddle where others dare not, to tell the stories of those who can no longer do so. From a rusty cup on the road, to ancient elven cookbooks, to powerful magic lost in the ages, <Modan Co> is there to uncover stories long forgotten while crafting new ones ourselves.

To quote former-guild-leader and cool-dude, Heinsoo Reynault: We're a goofy bunch of blighters; so expect a decent mix between comedic relief and riveting action and drama. Think Indiana Jones meets Terry Pratchett.

You don’t need to be an expert in Drakkari desserts or Mogu magics to find a place among us. A hardened Draenei vindicator, a mid-life bookworm leaving her home for the first time, and an elf exploring darker magics long lost may all find camaraderie within our ranks. Every character has a story to tell, and here in <Modan Co> we believe you should tell it. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to run events, and if you want help, we have a supportive community to guide you along.

The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.

With the Antorus offensive nearing its conclusion, we are entering an unprecedented era of Warcraft RP. The Legion’s Burning Crusade is extinguished, and for the first time in history, we have a period of potential peace available. There is no overt looming evil or big baddie to focus our efforts on defeating. This is a time of transition for Azeroth, and for Modan Co. We are excited to announce a massive undertaking of unprecedented growth during our 10th year.

We have a three pronged plan to advance our RP experience for 2018 and beyond.

• ⛏ EXPLORE THE WORLD
  • Explore the furthest reaches of the world with the help of designated Digsites. Set up camp in the lush jungles of Stranglethorn or the frozen wastes of Zul’Drak to learn the rich history of the Troll peoples. Scale the mountains of the Storm Peaks or weather the sandstorms of Uldum to uncover the secrets of the Titans. Every month the Company will go to a new historic location, set up base, and explore the deepest reaches of history and culture that the land yet offers.

Outside of story-events and calendar archaeology events, take your friends out on epic quests from the Mission Board! Modan Co is more than just archaeology; we are here to make the world a better place. Each region in the world has a unique set of problems, and the Modan Co is there to help those who ask with weekly impromptu missions designed for 3-7 people. From herding sheep in Arathi, to clearing troggs from tunnels in Dun Morogh, and gathering rare herbs at the peak of Kun-Lai; learn about Azeroth and her peoples struggles, help them, and earn actual in-game rewards for doing it!

• ⛏ EXPLORE YOUR CHARACTER
  • When you join Modan Company, you choose a division to work within. Security protects our assets and employees. Medical treat the wounds and keep us healthy. The Surveyors explore the deepest reaches to make discoveries and acquire relics. Research & Development studies these relics and design new technologies to assist our efforts.

Your character will experience growth within these divisions as you become proficient in specialized fields. When you join as an Intern, your division will provide you a thematic passive bonus. As you increase in rank with the Company, you choose specializations within these divisions which give you further progress. Take hits for fellow members, transcribe ancient languages, set and disarm traps, scale intense terrains with ease, create concoctions that heal your friends, and more!

• ⛏ EXPLORE THE STORY
  • War cultivates inner conflict; within self and within a community. We believe this is the true theme of Battle for Azeroth. As the war begins to heat up in the coming year, Modan Co will be teetering on the line of involvement or neutrality. We will not be making this decision -- it is up to you, the players, to decide the path of our guild. Face off with political forces and fellow company members as the future of the Company, and its role in the war, is decided.

We encourage all of you to come join our community and explore this world which we all love. If you are interested in joining, we encourage you to head to our website at www.modan.co, read our courtesy guidelines, and fill out an application! After your application has been reviewed and approved by an officer you just need meet for a quick interview. If you have any questions, feel free to contact:

GM: Ezìck (alt code 0236) / Bradsworth (Discord - straita#3712)
    Officers: Naralex / Jinnike / Tinkertop / Aulir / Tindselle / Mauro / Heithaeowyn
    This guild is the reason I enjoy playing this game again.
    I recently joined Modan Co. and it got me excited to RP and get involved in the game all over again. This is one of the most friendly and inviting guilds i've ever been in and despite being 10 years old, it doesn't feel clique-y or exclusive at all. If you're looking for a new guild to get you pumped for BFA and looking to get into really neat story lines, please consider this guild!
    ^_^ Find artifacts, get money. ⛏⛏
    An amazingly active guild. Multiple RP events happening in prime time (US) every week.
    Good to see Modan Co still going strong :)
    We've got an active bunch of players at almost any time of the day! Even super late into the night. Modan Co has kinda spoiled me for other guilds with how friendly it is.
    Retuuuuuuurn the slaaaaaaaaab!
    I just want to know how you got fancy hammers in the title.
    Trade secret, I'm afraid. You just pick up these skills as you go -- kind of like how you always know when one of the surveyors gets squished by a rock.

How do we know, you ask?

It sounds in A Flat Minor.
    01/15/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Taelura
    Trade secret, I'm afraid. You just pick up these skills as you go -- kind of like how you always know when one of the surveyors gets squished by a rock.

How do we know, you ask?

It sounds in A Flat Minor.

Came for the archaeology. Stayed for the Tae puns.
    I don't get the opportunity to RP with Modan Co folks very often, and it makes me sad. Every time I leave and then return to WoW, seeing that Modan Co is still going strong is a solid reminder that this server, Moon Guard, is my one true home in the World of Warcraft.

Keep it up, you crazy diggers.
    I'm a filthy memer that doesn't deserve to be in this great guild
    Join us and join my amazing team of intern researches!

For those interested in being a Hewintt (Hewitt + Intern), here is the job description:

Men/Women wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success.
    You don’t need to be an expert in Drakkari desserts or Mogu magics to find a place among us. A hardened Draenei vindicator, a mid-life bookworm leaving her home for the first time, and an elf exploring darker magics long lost may all find camaraderie within our ranks. Every character has a story to tell, and here in <Modan Co> we believe you should tell it. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to run events, and if you want help, we have a supportive community to guide you along.

Mei-Li Autumnjoy rereads the passage curiously.

a mid-life bookworm leaving her home for the first time

"H-Heidi! Why, you...!"
    01/17/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Autùmnjoy

Mei-Li Autumnjoy rereads the passage curiously.

a mid-life bookworm leaving her home for the first time

"H-Heidi! Why, you...!"

Gottem.
    https://i.imgur.com/gmCGSm2.jpg

As we start off our weekly meeting, things are poppin'!
    01/16/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Dloin
    I don't get the opportunity to RP with Modan Co folks very often, and it makes me sad. Every time I leave and then return to WoW, seeing that Modan Co is still going strong is a solid reminder that this server, Moon Guard, is my one true home in the World of Warcraft.

I've only had the pleasure of RPing with you once many years ago. You keep it up too, you crazy pirate! I hope to see you in Kul'tiras.
    01/17/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Ezìck
    01/16/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Dloin

I've only had the pleasure of RPing with you once many years ago. You keep it up too, you crazy pirate! I hope to see you in Kul'tiras.

Was it on this toon? I don't remember the name Ezick...

Was it on this toon? I don't remember the name Ezick...

Naralex