Stormwind U's Monthly Colloquium! (A)

Wyrmrest Accord
A quick BUMP!!! for our monthly Colloquium lecture!

DATE AND TIME: TOMORROW! Wednesday, September 19th at 7pm (Server time)

TOPIC: "Troll Culture: The Darkspear Tribe, In-Depth"

LECTURER: Ra'him

LOCATION: Hall of Explorers, Ironforge (tentative, subject to change)
Our Colloquium lecture for the month of September! Today's the day!

DATE AND TIME: TONIGHT! Wednesday, September 19th at 7pm (Server time)

TOPIC: "Troll Culture: The Darkspear Tribe, In-Depth"

LECTURER: Ra'him

woot!
Been thinking about the nuts and bolts of running a practical experience for people to actually play a little jihui. The forecourt of the Hall of Explorers is probably not the best choice of location for this specific activity. After some brief scouting the open air platform in Nighthaven (Moonglade) where the Lunar Festival [npc] vendors set up business feels like it's about the right size. Which means ...
ICly, Stormwind University has a "treaty of academic informational exchange" with their Hordeside contemporaries that still holds to present moment. ... (For the record, we always welcome Horde players to join our events, and strongly discourage aggression against them so long as it's genuine RP and not malicious event trolling or griefing attempts.)

Post on a Troll character in the Teahouse thread:
08/10/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Nyumbani
Would you mind explaining how to play Jihui for me? I’m very curious!
A practicum is in the works - as a Stormwind University colloquium. I'm gonna work on getting them to host it in a neutral location so that we can use some of the cross-faction community devices to make everyone welcome.
It would be possible to use the jihui practicum as a small scale trial of a non-aligned event. That's an esoteric enough topic I doubt there'd be a huge swell in attendance. :D I would be happy to be involved in the set-up of a one-off community for those choosing to use the cross rp addon. We've pretty much worked out the bugs for teahouse purposes.
Thank you for an interesting lecture from an unusual perspective. :)
Already had a few people ask about jihui lessons. It's probably too early to tell, but do you have a date for the November colloquium ?
A quick BUMP!!! for this month's Colloquium lecture, this Wednesday!

DATE AND TIME: October 17th at 7pm (Server time)

TOPIC:"A Brief History of the Old Gods' Presence on Azeroth"

LECTURER: Elliistra Thera'dorei, Handmaiden of Elune
A quick BUMP!!! for this month's Colloquium lecture!

DATE AND TIME: TONIGHT!!! October 17th at 7pm (Server time)

TOPIC: "A Brief History of the Old Gods' Presence on Azeroth"

LECTURER: Elliistra Thera'dorei, Handmaiden of Elune
Hall of Explorers?
10/17/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Kunboket
Hall of Explorers?

Yes, the Hall of Explorers in Ironforge. :)

This will be our new standard location for Colloquium (much as the eastern gatehouse in Darnassus was for the longest time, pre-BfA) unless otherwise arranged with our lecturer for the purposes of their chosen topic! (And announced in the corresponding Colloquium advertisement for that month!)

Since we've settled on this location, I think we'll also try out the "unofficial afterparty" location you'd suggested at last month's Colloquium! ;D
10/17/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Amaranthaea
Since we've settled on this location, I think we'll also try out the "unofficial afterparty" location you'd suggested at last month's Colloquium! ;D
Assuming rl cooperates I should be there about half an hour before the lecture as well as after.
This will be our new standard location for Colloquium (much as the eastern gatehouse in Darnassus was for the longest time, pre-BfA) unless otherwise arranged with our lecturer for the purposes of their chosen topic! (And announced in the corresponding Colloquium advertisement for that month!)
Speaking of which, the Golden Rose Inn in Mistfall Village has enough jihui tables to seat 10-12 people & space to stand around the tables as well. Sound usable?
This will be our new standard location for Colloquium (much as the eastern gatehouse in Darnassus was for the longest time, pre-BfA) unless otherwise arranged with our lecturer for the purposes of their chosen topic!

I couldn't book a timeslot in Ny'alotha, so it's gotta be at Ironforge :D
I'm updating the Teahouse thread to include that it will be following the Colloquium. Maybe the official notices about this month's Jihui practicum should include that it is in The golden Rose (the Mistfall Village inn) rather than the usual location?
A hearty BUMP!!! in advance for this month's Colloquium!

DATE AND TIME: November 21st at 7pm (Server time)

TOPIC: "The Art and Philosophy of Jihui"

LECTURER: Kunbo Kettleclaw, Steepmaster of the Bronze Talons

This month, we'll be hosting Colloquium at The Golden Rose (the large Inn at Mistfall Village, in southeast Vale of Eternal Blossoms), complete with fully interactive demonstrations to accompany the lecture!
Just a quick BUMP!!! for our November Colloquium!

There will be some specific instructions posted soon for this month's very special lecture, so keep it tuned here to stay informed! :D
As mentioned in my previous post, there will be a few special instructions put forth by our lecturer for this month, which I'll now list below!

• While members of the Horde are always welcome at our community events, Kunbo would like to emphasize this by hosting this month's lecture at Mistfall Village in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms - a completely faction neutral location! (And quite aesthetically pleasing and appropriate a game of Jihui!)

• To further this endeavor, Kunbo has a special CrossRP Community set up for his irregularly scheduled "Quilen and Cloud Teahouse" event and has offered access to it for those who have the add-on! Attendees are invited to make use of this channel at our Colloquium event for ease of communication between Horde and Alliance!

Link the "Quilen and Cloud Teahouse" event:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767566972

Link to the Teahouse Community:

https://blizzard.com/invite/E0GkRAKsRyA

• ICly, tea will be served throughout the lecture and demonstrations, and a Teahouse event will commence at the conclusion of Colloquium!

• OOC directions for some of the specifics of how to RP actually playing the game (such as when to use /roll) will be happening throughout the lecture.

• Q&A will be integrated into the lecture itself so that people can ask IC questions about actual play as we go.

• To help minimize chat overload while we actually play "Jihui" attendees are recommended to reserve /e for things meant for the whole room and to whisper or create small groups to handle conversations specific to their table!