I'll be the first to say it

General Discussion
That the leveling revamp is one of the best things this game has received in a while.

As someone who has leveled the old system 10+ times, I currently have a character at 60 who I only leveled through the new system, and this new system is the MOST fun I have had leveling a character in a long, long time. Being able to pull 10 mobs at once and one shot all of them is a boring experience that gets dull really quickly.

When I level, I want to go to a zone and experience the full story of it, not finish one chapter before I completely out-level it and have to move on to the next zone, with no idea what's going on in that zone's story because I couldn't finish the one before it.

Leveling might take longer to actually do, but it no longer feels like a boring means to an end. Now, when leveling a character, it feels like I'm actually playing a game. When I type "/played" to see how long I had played my character, I did notice a difference in the played time. When I realized i had around 2 days of played time to get to 60, I was honestly surprised. The leveling felt to be going much quicker than before, and that was because I was actually enjoying my experience. And I'll gladly have to take an extra 12 hours - a day of played time to level a character if it means I enjoy the experience.
01/24/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Valarenn
That the leveling revamp is one of the best things this game has received in a while.

very, very far from first to say this.
Nay.
Its still a good system, at least it now scales if your heirloom riddled twink gets too far ahead
01/24/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Talatia
Its still a good system, at least it now scales if your heirloom riddled twink gets too far ahead

Heirlooms arent that good anymore, fact is I feel obligated to wear at least the +XP pieces, but as gear goes they have been nerfed quite hard.
01/24/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Dyad

Heirlooms arent that good anymore, fact is I feel obligated to wear at least the +XP pieces, but as gear goes they have been nerfed quite hard.

I only do them for their xp boost anyway. Makes it easy to level on limited time on weekdays
So, is there a schedule or do you just get texts when to post the next "OHMGEE THIS IS THE BEST" post?
When I level, I want to go to a zone and experience the full story of it, not finish one chapter before I completely out-level it and have to move on to the next zone, with no idea what's going on in that zone's story because I couldn't finish the one before it.

Prior to the scaling change, did you use the XP off toggle that has been available in game for years when leveling alts? And if not, why not?
You're actually like the 300th person to say it.
01/24/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Talatia

I only do them for their xp boost anyway. Makes it easy to level on limited time on weekdays

Yeah the heirloom gear is pretty much dungeon gear stat wise, with pretty good do bonus.

But if you wanna see some twinkage, the way items scale up, is amazing.

I got a few 60s, and previously obsolete low level gear has become extremely powerful.

Good examples are the trinkets from both parts of stratholme, main gate being the cannon, which pretty much acts as a low leve decimator trinket from garothi, and rammstiens trinket from service entrance, which does half my toons health as an aoe.

Most of the epics are very powerful to get while leveling now to, the epic Versa/shield ring giving, dagger from maradaun and its shadow bolt, and even the book of the dead from stratholme, all being extremely powerful while leveling. Gem gear, as always is still very powerful.

Just wish I had better rng with loot :/
I like the new leveling but you’re faaaaaaar from the first to say that.
01/24/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Kikk

Prior to the scaling change, did you use the XP off toggle that has been available in game for years when leveling alts? And if not, why not?

Because nobody wants to go to the valley of honor, that place sucks.
There's a lot of good things about the changes, but the leveling from about 40-100 is too slow for people working on alts.

It feels really really grindy if you've been playing this game for a long time, and makes me not want to level other characters.

Something like Heirlooms giving 200-300% XP gain might be about right.

They are about on par with blues from dungeons but are no longer like epic quality items they are however still very good to have and will generally out preform 90% of what you'd find in game or from quests even most dungeons. I've gotten like 1 epic i think that was better on my mage HOWEVER, it didnt have the exp bonus.

Sad times when Blizz partially rolling back their nerfs to old content is the best thing they've done in a long time. I agree, it's just sad.
I was talking to my GM about this the other day. When the allied races are available, I plan on using this system to do the loremaster achievement. Lock my xp at the cap for each area, and actually enjoy myself.
01/24/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Carpefurorem
I was talking to my GM about this the other day. When the allied races are available, I plan on using this system to do the loremaster achievement. Lock my xp at the cap for each area, and actually enjoy myself.

this is an outstanding idea, i may have to do this on my zandalari or nightborn...