Remove paid character boosts

General Discussion
01/22/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Chroesire
01/22/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Blakebone
people who hate leveling in an MMORPG.

That’s like hating guns in a first person shooter

Like, I understand why people don't like going slower than before but this speed of leveling is pretty much what you'll get in every other major MMO.

01/22/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Straverra
"I like potatoes."

"So you're saying you like bananas?"

Because that's what dungeon speedruns were. You could solo dungeons or clear everything incredibly fast in a group and get a crap ton of exp for it. You were skipping the leveling process.
01/22/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Benhir
01/22/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Vindurza
...no but it does destroy any good rep blizz had left

fix the exp or get rid of paid boosts to save face pretty much only choice atm
It has improved their rep with some of us, so those aren't their only choices. They can stay the course in the belief (shared by many of us) that the game will be healthier in the long run as more new players enjoy the game enough to stick around and revitalize it.
Blizzard said repeatedly that they lost the majority of new players before level 20, so which is it? Is leveling slower than Vanilla(comparatively, with the doubled level cap in mind) better or worse for player retention?
01/22/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Straverra
"So you're saying you like bananas?"

So, you're saying...
So, you're saying...
LOBSTER!
01/22/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Bamboohunts
You know no one is forcing you to buy character boosts right?
no but it does destroy any good rep blizz had left

With the RaF announcement, its very apparent they are doubling down on the XP nerfs. I am having an incredible difficult time processing they fact they willing gutted about ten years worth of leveling improvements, and for what?

Boost sales? At what expense? Your goodwill? Your fanbase hates this. I haven't had any motivation to level lowbies for a long while and even I hate this. What a dumb idiotic moronic move and I sincerely hope someone gets fired over this fiasco. And not just some scapegoat firing, but the exec in charge that said "i want more boost sales, nerf XP".
01/22/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Kyveli
01/22/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Benhir
...It has improved their rep with some of us, so those aren't their only choices. They can stay the course in the belief (shared by many of us) that the game will be healthier in the long run as more new players enjoy the game enough to stick around and revitalize it.
Blizzard said repeatedly that they lost the majority of new players before level 20, so which is it? Is leveling slower than Vanilla(comparatively, with the doubled level cap in mind) better or worse for player retention?

(Assuming you are talking about questing) You are not leveling slower. It’s about the same speed. Slightly faster, same speed or slightly slower depending on the person you ask.

The scaling mobs and quests to always give max xp easily make up for the increased xp gain.
01/22/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Ferches
...no but it does destroy any good rep blizz had left

With the RaF announcement, its very apparent they are doubling down on the XP nerfs. I am having an incredible difficult time processing they fact they willing gutted about ten years worth of leveling improvements, and for what?

Boost sales? At what expense? Your goodwill? Your fanbase hates this. I haven't had any motivation to level lowbies for a long while and even I hate this. What a dumb idiotic moronic move and I sincerely hope someone gets fired over this fiasco. And not just some scapegoat firing, but the exec in charge that said "i want more boost sales, nerf XP".

The only xp nerf in practice is to dungeons and I imagine they’ll fix that for balance purposes.

RAF thing was probably preemptively cutting off a way to speed level Allied Races’ heritage armor. And it was never intended to be used to boost your own characters. (It’s called Recruit a Friend. Not Recruit an Alt). If they want you to be able to do that, they’d add xp pots to the store.
01/22/2018 08:49 PMPosted by Bloodyshots
Remove the free max level that's added with each expansion purchase

You do know, since they added that "free" feature, the price of expansions has gone up?
The RAF changes sends a message that they intend for leveling to be slower and that the changes from 7.3.5 are their intended vision for the game. However, in order to comply with that vision, they MUST also make changes to the 100 boost in order to comply with this or else they can not be seen as anything other than money grabbing hypocrites who made the boost more appealing so more people buy it.

The problem is they really have no other option than to remove the boost, because if they make it more expensive, they will still be seen as money grabbing hypocrites because people would still pay more for it, and if they leave it as is or cheaper same thing applies.
01/22/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Ningjinq
The only xp nerf in practice is to dungeons and I imagine they’ll fix that for balance purposes.

You mean, besides the increased experienced needed to level for 10 to 60?

01/22/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Ningjinq
If they want you to be able to do that, they’d add xp pots to the store.

You do realize, we had XP potions but they removed them with this patch when they made all the other experience changes?

Furthermore, don't push for more things to go on the store, this isn't a free to play game.
01/22/2018 10:34 PMPosted by Petercheese
this isn't a free to play game.
Could've fooled me.
01/22/2018 10:34 PMPosted by Petercheese
You do realize, we had XP potions but they removed them with this patch when they made all the other experience changes?
The one from the rares was removed with Legion launch, the others from the savage gifts were removed shortly before Winterveil.

They knew well enough ahead of time what they were doing, we were just kept in the dark till patch.
01/22/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Bamboohunts
You know no one is forcing you to buy character boosts right?

That's the same logic companies use to get someone to quit so they don't have to pay unemployment.

They might not fire you, but they'll make your life at work a living Hell until you get fed up and quit. They'll monitor and micromanage you to death, sit a manager next to you for all hours to watch your every move, time your bathroom everything, change around your schedule or put you onto tasks that are impossibly frustrating.

Everyone around you will say "Well you don't have to work there." However, if you quit... well, you lose the nice little bonuses like severance and unemployment.
01/22/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Bloodyshots
01/22/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Msmoonkitty

That is funny, because almost every thread where someone complains about leveling there is some blizzard white knight drone who tells them to "go buy a character boost"

To be fair, it's a silly response to a silly complaint.

It's not a silly complaint people don't have the time they once did.
01/22/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Reallydead
If you don't see that you're just naive lol
or simply not as paranoid as you.
01/22/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Xathsmash

and clearly, the adult thing to do is come to the forums and start making ridiculous demands, oh! oh you changed this thing well why don't you just take all these things away and when it all goes to @#$% everybody will blame you and know i'm right!.
Rather than just /wipes hands whelp i'm out.
But no you're right i have no right to tell you you're being foolish,you continue chest thumping and grand standing nothing can be said here that will change anything even if Watcher himself were to come in and say get lost your money's not worth the migraine you'd still just stick around with gold to ''spite'' them.

*simplified* it's not blizzards problem you don't have time to play, you're not the target demographic go knit a sweater instead.
Because they are a business.

Profit.

Shareholder value.

Economics.
01/22/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Blakebone
But then Blizz wouldnt catter to the lovely people who hate leveling in an MMORPG.

Instead they cater to the "lovely" people who hate doing group content in an MMO lol
01/22/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Denàlo
01/22/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Xathsmash

and clearly, the adult thing to do is come to the forums and start making ridiculous demands, oh! oh you changed this thing well why don't you just take all these things away and when it all goes to @#$% everybody will blame you and know i'm right!.
But no you're right i have no right to tell you you're being foolish,you continue chest thumping and grand standing nothing can be said here that will change anything even if Watcher himself were to come in and say get lost your money's not worth the migraine you'd still just stick around with gold to ''spite'' them.

*simplified* it's not blizzards problem you don't have time to play, you're not the target demographic go knit a sweater instead.

Because they literally were the target demo for the past 4 years or more Blizzard has driven off the hardcore players to other games and by making grinds unending is burning out those who remain. This was all done for casual players so that they had something to do other than raid it's why dungeon leveling was made so efficient in the first place and why heirlooms even exist.
01/22/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Soulprison
Their reasoning? Players would get bombarded by new skills

lol.... 1 skill every 2 levels till about what... lvl 40? then you get practically nothing.
01/22/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Xathsmash
01/22/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Denàlo

Because they literally were the target demo for the past 4 years or more Blizzard has driven off the hardcore players to other games and by making grinds unending is burning out those who remain. This was all done for casual players so that they had something to do other than raid it's why dungeon leveling was made so efficient in the first place and why heirlooms even exist.

And again it's not blizzards problem you don't have time to play, you're not the target demographic go knit a sweater instead.When ever the proverbial pendulum swings you can come back and bake everybody a Corvus brachyrhynchos pie