Legendary drop rate?

Emerald Dream
Is it more common in dungeons or world quest? Is there a system to it now or am I just awful with luck?
I personally believe there is a system in place that delivers one each week if you just do emissaries. cause 6/7 (shaman) 3/5 priest -that i have came from emissary caches and one from a rare.

That being said i hear people get them from dungeon binging

Sorry not alot of help, just what i noticed on my shaman.
A lot of stuff counts.

Dungeon Bosses, Raid Bosses, Argus rares, Blingtron 6000, Emissary Caches, Broken shore chests are a few places from where I got mine.
Emissary caches give the most bad luck protection when you complete them.

After that would be Argus lesser invasions. They're on a two hour respawn and last 6 hours, so make sure you knock them out first so you can get more to respawn.

Once you complete all the available invasions/emissaries, kill as many rares and loot as many chests as you can while you wait for invasions to respawn.

While you're killing rares and looting chests, queue up for as many LFR as you can. I prefer to just do the current tier (antorus) and last tier (tomb).

And finally, if you're able, try to find a group for at least a normal Antorus run (and Herioc if possible).

If you happen to finish all of the above and literally have nothing to do, try to run some keystones.

Doing all these things usually nets me a new legendary every week to week and a half. It's a grind and its a crappy one at that, but it works. You just have to do the things that award the most bad luck protection. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Anythin ye kin loot fer gear on tha isle orr tha' planet kin give ya some look.
I would have liked to see something similar to the Three of Coins from Destiny be implemented, a purchasable consumable that increases the drop chance of legendaries for a certain amount of time.

I feel like it would give people a better reason to binge on world quests, dungeons, rares and such than the current or future system do.
I don't have a lot of use for them besides item level inceasing so I don't need exact ones. I guess for wpvp I might but I usually do pvp content and after 50 plus arenas and what not nothing really ever drops. I've done well over 100+ arenas on my dk and yet to have anything drop.
I have gotten all of mine, on this toon, from the weekly chest for doing a M+. My druid got his from old raid world tours and my rogue got most from emissaries and oddly enough blington.
Running all the old raids is probably the easiest way at this point. Isn’t there supposed to be a way to buy them with essences in the next patch drop?
01/11/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Xaterian
Running all the old raids is probably the easiest way at this point. Isn’t there supposed to be a way to buy them with essences in the next patch drop?

Yes, next patch you can buy a random legendary for your spec with waking essences. To keep people from stockpiling essences now, blizz is jacking up the price by about 6 times the cost while also increasing the drop amount of essences by 6 once the patch launches. Net effect is that it'll probably take about a week and a half to 2 weeks to by a token. And being that most of the content that rewards essences also rewards bad luck protection, you'll be getting a legendary at roughly double the rate that they come now.
What do you mean by “old raids” like EN or actual old raids?
01/11/2018 03:21 AMPosted by Zingster
Is it more common in dungeons or world quest? Is there a system to it now or am I just awful with luck?

Do any content that rewards a chest or a personal loot drop at the end.

Heroics/Mythics/Mythic +'s
Mythic + Tuesday Caches have been where the majority of mine come from.
All raid difficulties LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic
BG's/Arenas/RBG's
Emissary Caches when you do your daily quests.
World bosses

Other things, I think, have a much smaller chance such as:

Random Mobs
World Quests
Random World Caches.
Blingatron 6000

When you don't receive a legendary you get an unknown percentage added to your "Bad Luck Protection" that compounds over time. It's a ridiculously low percentage and a ridiculously low amount is added each time you complete one of the above.

I do my emissary everyday, at least 1 Mythic + a week at 15 and LFR/Heroic Clear of current tier raid. Daily Heroic Dungeon and some random BG's here and there.

Source: I got all the Legendaries.
01/11/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Hjalmgeir
What do you mean by “old raids” like EN or actual old raids?

EN, ToV, NH-all the old raids are faceroll and give you a chance at legendary.
Legendary drop rate?

They drop?

Zigra,
Where?
Why would they make them available for purchase but keep the RNG factor there? There's nothing fun or exciting about that; it's just pure frustration if you're trying to get something specific and keep getting screwed every week or so. They've already pretty much admitted that the legendary system was a flop, why not just fix it by letting people buy what they want?
01/11/2018 03:21 AMPosted by Zingster

level up to 110, don't play the character for a month , log in and sneeze and a legendary will appear in your underwear.