UI taking too long to load since 7.3.5

Mac Technical Support
Since 7.3.5 my users interface is taking too long to load as soon as I log in, and most of the time this issue persists every time I reopen any of these tabs, like talents, collections, bags, mail..

https://imgur.com/a/fxL0i
https://imgur.com/a/rUBXe
https://imgur.com/a/K953n

I never ever had this problem before, I've tried deleting Cache, WTF folders and disabling all of my addons, but the issue continues.
Thünda,

Could you try a few commandlines while in the game chat?
/resetchat

If that doesn't do the trick, try
/console cvar_reset
This does reset the Config.WTF so be sure to save anything important! It should set everything back to normal!

Addons can cause some funny UI issues to occur. If the issue still continues to persist, please contact our Technical Support team with SPX files so we can review the issue in depth!
since 7.3.5 I've noticed the UI taking awhile to load. theres definitely a delay, especially noticeable after a fresh reboot.
I've tried the above, resetchat and console cvar reset. those didn't help my issue. before 7.3.5 everything was fine.
It may be that parts of the UI are now classified as lower priority than they previously were. I'm noticing my bags and UI elements showing up first with the outlines that you can see through, then finally the solid background appears (for bags/character sheet), then finally the icons themselves.

This is somewhat expected behaviour when using the following command in your config.wtf file:

SET worldPreloadNonCritical "0"

The reason it's expected is because the UI elements you're seeing take the longest are the lowest priority. The game world and terrain are given higher priority than the UI itself now. This is both so you see what's around you like other players, and so you don't fall through the world constantly like what happened previously when you'd load into the world and the player models came up before the terrain and poof, down through Argus you went to your doom.

I'm sure this is having a bigger impact on "real" Macs vs. the overkill hackintosh I use (well, overkill for 2013 anyway...). I have a hackintosh that beats all but the iMac Pro and am using a very fast SSD and still see UI slowdowns, so I can imagine how real Macs feel with the current setup.

Something that might help is backing up your WTF, Screenshots, and Interface folders (by moving them to the desktop for example) and uninstalling and reinstalling the game, then putting those three folders back. The reinstall process will cause your game's data.xxx files to be contiguous, meaning one directly after the other as opposed to sliced and diced everywhere on the drive after many patches. Unfortuantely this will have minimal impact on an SSD based Mac as SSDs can grab from any cell with the same latency. But for the platter based hard drives, it can mean the difference between a three minute load time and a 30 second load time. CASC is just that bad on non-SSD hardware due to the nature of how it works.

Resetting your settings can possibly help, but the more likely culprit is a combination of data being thrown around all over the place after many patches and the current priorities given to UI elements vs. player models and terrain.
I am also having the same issue. I have deleted my cache, interface folders and reset my UI and still have this problem. It's very annoying and only started happening since 7.3.5 came out.
I’ve been having the same problem as well whenever I log into the game. I’d figure I would get use to it and adapt, but it’s becoming more and more tedious to deal with.

It’s especially difficult when losing into raids or dungeons. He’ll. Even traveling anywhere after a loading screen is done.
I suspect all of you are on 10.11.6, and 7.3.5 re-enabled metal on that Os version, which has the SUPER long loading screen bug. you fix this by upgrading to 10.12.x or higher if possible. Some mac pros can't upgrade but if you aren't on one of those mac pros and are a 10.11.x holdout, upgrade to 10.13.3 as soon as possible
02/15/2018 01:41 AMPosted by Omegal
I suspect all of you are on 10.11.6, and 7.3.5 re-enabled metal on that Os version, which has the SUPER long loading screen bug. you fix this by upgrading to 10.12.x or higher if possible. Some mac pros can't upgrade but if you aren't on one of those mac pros and are a 10.11.x holdout, upgrade to 10.13.3 as soon as possible

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro that's upgraded to 10.13.3 and I still have the slow loading screen and icons don't fully appear until 30 seconds-1 minute into the game. There's even sometimes I will be flying into a new zone and I'll be halted by an invisible wall of unloaded textures.

It's very frustrating, but I haven't tried any of the above fixes but I might give it some thought tonight to see if it does anything. I will reply if it does help.
02/15/2018 01:41 AMPosted by Omegal

I'm having all the problems that other uses are reporting and I'm using macOS 10.13.3 (17D102).
same here, all that problems reported
the poppin post loading screen is just a diff issue with fact casc is such a grossly inefficient file system and runs like utter crap on HDDs vs SSDs. It can't even be defragged because it's fragmented within compressed archives so a disk defragger wouldn't solve anything. SSDs bandaid the problem but ultimately it's not something i see them fixing anytime soon. Only way to fix it is to make sure wow in it's entirety is ona solid state drive
03/10/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Omegal
Only way to fix it is to make sure wow in it's entirety is ona solid state drive

Worse than that, is that over several patches, the fragmentation problem multiplies until even SSDs start showing signs of the problems HDDs show. Once fragmented enough, you start running into the I/O limitations of SSDs that are present when reading high queue depth @ 4k random reads. The only way to restore performance at that point is literally to back up your WTF, Interface, and Screenshots folders and nuke the game installation and reinstall so that all of the CASC data is non-fragmented and contiguous.

SSDs indeed act as a "band-aid", but ultimately even they fail to stop CASC's performance from deteriorating to an undesired level.
so basically we all have too get a new computer
I'm having the same issue, I was trying to do pet battles and there's no cast bar ....... urghh
I know that this post is kinda old, sorry for ressurecting it, but I just just solved my problem (UI suddenly taking a long time to load, talent page etc.).
I tried reinstalling the battle.net app and the game, but It didn't work. Disabling/givin permission on the antivirus didn't work either.
So, what I did was just reseting the game options on the client (not sure if it's that what the button says, my client is in portuguese, so here's a picture to help)

https://imgur.com/a/VnVFX5v

It reseted the basics (my volume level, the interface scale) and everything is just loading as normal