Why did female night elf voice acting change?

General Discussion
The next expansion, Jaina will be telling passing male characters to check their privilege in a really deep and manly voice.
^ Why do Orc's always ruin all the fun?

/sigh
01/14/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Iyoma
I like Thisalee's voice. Mylune's too for that matter. Characters, like actual people, should have a variety of voices. Not every elf needs a "I'm am ancient, always too serious, do everything to present myself as elegant, and boring" voice.

Retconning the race's general attitude towards Thisalee Crow's is a huge mistake. It dilutes what attracted so many millions of players towards them. That doesn't mean some characters can't have differing personalities. They should at least fit the theme in some way.

I like the voice actors. They're miscast, and there's bad story direction in some places. It's getting way too hokey, beyond just ice breaking moments like Marius and Tehd. Which was excellent.

Best lines in legion I thought came from Ursoc.
01/14/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Arluelle
LOL! Tyrande's voice bothers me because I can't freaking pinpoint the accent. I have met hundreds, possibly thousands of people globally IRL. I thought I have heard almost every accent there is...but she pulls one out of left field. Is she from British India? Is the voice actress making something up? Better yet, why does literally NO OTHER NELF sound like her? Not even the people from her BIRTH city have that accent. Where the hell did it come from?!?!?!

I'd say Italian (which sounds nothing like the stereotype of the accent). She sounds almost like Isabella Rossellini to me.
01/15/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Alheira
01/14/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Arluelle
LOL! Tyrande's voice bothers me because I can't freaking pinpoint the accent. I have met hundreds, possibly thousands of people globally IRL. I thought I have heard almost every accent there is...but she pulls one out of left field. Is she from British India? Is the voice actress making something up? Better yet, why does literally NO OTHER NELF sound like her? Not even the people from her BIRTH city have that accent. Where the hell did it come from?!?!?!

I'd say Italian (which sounds nothing like the stereotype of the accent). She sounds almost like Isabella Rossellini to me.

Nahhhh I know Isabella (huge Ingrid Bergman fan). Its close, but the unnecessary inflections at certain points throughout her(Tyrandes) script just really...I don't know. Isabella sounds natural, because well, she is. Whoever is responsible for Tyrande sounds forced and bad forced at that. It is no big deal really, look at how bad big named actors ruin accents when they play characters from other regions...

Just for fun (and none were "offensive", just annoyingly awful, like Tyrande): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-TsLFROTWw
There's nothing wrong with adding variety to the voice acting within the races, however, I think Thisalee and a few other female Night Elves that I've heard are very off. It's not a little variety, it's a whole shift that doesn't suit the race or the game for that matter (it screamed with a megaphone in your ear, ANIMEEEEE!!!!).

To me, Thisalee's voice suits WoW and Night elves the same way having Judy Greer read lines as Cheryl, from Archer, for Orc or Tauren females. "Like, lok'tar ogar and junk."

I don't think it was a great choice, and I also noticed the Botanist in Nighthold sounded like an anime voice actor in his inflection (we all know anime voice acting when we hear it). It seems to be something Blizzard is leaning toward a little more. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of it and hope they don't pursue it anymore, but it's not ruining the game for me. So far.
01/15/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Arluelle
Nahhhh I know Isabella (huge Ingrid Bergman fan).

It's completely irrelevant to this thread but I just watched Gaslight for the 15000th time last night. So good!
I like Thisalee Crow. Some nice variety for Night Elves to see a younger one.
Tyrande where are you
01/14/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Bracken
...Is a very young Night Elf, her voice is that way on purpose. Annoying, just like a renegade teenager's voice should be.
And was never that young before nor sounded like a teenager with a selfie stick until Legion. They destroyed her.
You just reminded me of that gnome you have to babysit in Highmountain. Addie? "Do you want to take ...a... selfie?"

"NO! I don't want to take a selfie with you! You've just about shot all the hair off of my tail trying to aim a gun. You taking a selfie would probably be of our foreheads, twit!"
01/15/2018 03:54 AMPosted by Wyspers
beyond just ice breaking moments like Marius and Tehd. Which was excellent.

I have so loved Marius and Tehd and their Excellent Adventures
01/15/2018 05:21 AMPosted by Dato
having Judy Greer read lines as Cheryl, from Archer, for Orc or Tauren females. "Like, lok'tar ogar and junk."

[/quote]

can we make this happen?
Anythings better than Tyrandes Troll impression, even Thisalees anime voice.