Who is done with leveling?

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next
Wow... even the Greens are whining now about something that primarily effects new players. "I'll never make a new character because it takes more time now!" seems completely ridiculous. I don't know if this is the bottom, or if we're just near it, but the community in this game is just bottoming out. Take note, Blizzard. This is what years of appeasing the entitlement crowd gets you.
01/16/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Kúroneko
The amount of crying because you actually have to play the game instead of 1 shot kills is both hilarious and sad for our current gaming generation

Why I can't wait for the Classic servers...

I don't understand why Blizz just doens't get rid of leveling and just make everyone an instant 110...

IMO they'll reverse course once people get online and see that their going to have to spend time leveling...this whole thing is really Blizz fault though, they made the game so easy for so long and never addressed it until it was to late and players got lazy and used to it. Its like taking away any Government program after people have used it and gotten to like it, its near impossible...

Maybe they'll stand their ground but if past behavior is any indication of future behavior they'll cave here soon and tune it back to the way it was in terms of leveling, they might just buff everyone and keep NPC health the same.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You say I am the insecure one yet you aren't even secure enough to address the things I mentioned.

I'll simplify for you, because I can:

- no clear Alpha standards of play, specifically raiding
- so called 'pro' players going into the minors to throw their weight around(and 'yes' going into LFR when you're geared over the standard drops is going into it for pathetically selfish reasons regardless of what one claims as their reason)

Blizzard want's to trim the fat off their game and make it tighter, then stricter and more definitive raiding standards and classes is next.

Again it's not to belittle you, although that wouldn't be hard considering how bad you are, most of the heroic raiders that do LET do it for quests or transmog.

If you can't wrap your little pea brain around that then you're truly more dense than a bank safe.

Your smarmy remarks are saying one thing with different vibes to them, those are pathetic and weak means to communication so it must be coming from a pathetic and weak source. That said, you haven't paid attention, I TOLD YOU ALREADY THAT IT'S BLIZZARD FAULT FOR ALLOWING THEM TO DO THAT. YOU DON'T GO BACK TO THE MINORS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY! You are a 950ilvl going into LFR where the standard gear drops are 915, wtf are you doing there??? You probably think people should be able to go back to grade school too if they forgot how to divide fractions or because their kid needs help.
01/16/2018 05:47 AMPosted by Lucrend
Or close to it?

With the leveling changes I won't be leveling any more characters outside of free boosts once my 71 monk is 110.

I understand some people that have done a lot of this content not really being excited for it. I personally am looking forward to levelling some alts that I have neglected and finally getting to finish a ton of zones I usually outlevel or just never even saw in the first place. I believe this scaling will be a lot more friendly to new players versus veteran ones who are just plain burned out on the content to begin with. Just my opinion.
01/16/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Vindrago
YOU DON'T GO BACK TO THE MINORS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!

Except this isn't a paid professional setting. This is a video game. Locking players out of things because they're "too good" for it by your arbitrary standards is stupid and will hurt the game as a whole.

Get over yourself.
I'm not done with leveling. I've got a warrior and a monk just waiting to try the new leveling experience out. I'm keeping a positive attitude for now.
I have a pally and warlock at level 1 I will level once they can become Void elf and Lightforged. And then I'm done. Like... so tired of leveling.
Even if it might take a little longer to level I'm excited for the change because it's really annoying to outlevel a zone before you're even close to halfway through it. I haven't finished a LOT of zones because of that in the past... maybe I'll actually be able to finish things for once without it being pointless!

Plus, we can go into what were traditionally higher zones on lower toons and have it all be scaled now, right? I want to go to Un'Goro on my lvl 20 hah.
I suppose this is one way to sell more level boosts.
Although I'm not typically a fan of scaling (I want to feel like I'm getting stronger, and I want unlocking higher level maps to feel like I got big and bad enough to venture some place even more dangerous) but no one can deny the old leveling experience was a total mess.

I was so embarrassed when I tried to get my husband to play and even as a total noob in quest greens he was one shotting everything and flying through zones so fast he spent more time trying to figure out where the next zone was and then walking to it than anything else. Needless to say, he got understandably bored and quit.

For myself, I do like that I'll be able to skip outland and cata zones now.
01/16/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Wryndox
Wow... even the Greens are whining now about something that primarily effects new players. "I'll never make a new character because it takes more time now!" seems completely ridiculous. I don't know if this is the bottom, or if we're just near it, but the community in this game is just bottoming out. Take note, Blizzard. This is what years of appeasing the entitlement crowd gets you.

Have you ever played another MMO besides WoW?, do you honestly think the average person who plays any MMO says "man I love spending weeks and months lvling", **** no and embracing the "story" of WoW you have to not only do world quests you have to do dungeons and the FRAKING RAIDS.

You honestly think a fresh player is gonna experience the downfall of Ragnaros or Arthas, or hell even witness what Deathwing did?, they might when they can solo it at later lvls but guess what princess they are gonna do it waaaaaaaaay past when they were suppose to do it.

Even for an altaholic like me I already have 12 classes at lvl 110 and now I have no desire to lvl anymore alts and even if I didn't I wouldn't touch the new lvln system with a 10 foot pole. I'm a die hard Vanilla WoW fan and I even admit the lvling was boring AF, you think the average WoW player wants to go back to those lvling methods?

This only pleases the minority of people who actually wanted it.
01/16/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Flaymmane
YOU DON'T GO BACK TO THE MINORS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!

Except this isn't a paid professional setting. This is a video game. Locking players out of things because they're "too good" for it by your arbitrary standards is stupid and will hurt the game as a whole.

Get over yourself.

There's a means to an ends on the big stage, it's a professional setting or at least posing as one.

Okay then, lets play that way, I want to take all that I can carry from all the women and children and people I can bully. You want to play tough guy games, you can't help them without dropping something, what's it going to be????

I want your kids toys, your wife's kitchen, your grandpa's money AND WILL GO WHERE YOU DON'T THINK I WILL.... wtf you going to drop to stop me? LIAR COWARD!

Again it's not to belittle you, although that wouldn't be hard considering how bad you are, most of the heroic raiders that do LET do it for quests or transmog.

If you can't wrap your little pea brain around that then you're truly more dense than a bank safe.

Your smarmy remarks are saying one thing with different vibes to them, those are pathetic and weak means to communication so it must be coming from a pathetic and weak source. That said, you haven't paid attention, I TOLD YOU ALREADY THAT IT'S BLIZZARD FAULT FOR ALLOWING THEM TO DO THAT. YOU DON'T GO BACK TO THE MINORS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY! You are a 950ilvl going into LFR where the standard gear drops are 915, wtf are you doing there??? You probably think people should be able to go back to grade school too if they forgot how to divide fractions or because their kid needs help.

It's allowed because it's a game. A Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game is designed to not restrict a player from enjoying every aspect of the game. Just because you get beat down in dps doesn't mean I have less of a right to the transmog pieces in that raid.

It boils down to a you need to get the hell over it.
/Raises Hand
This Pandaren is done... I have one boost left other wise leveling is probably finished for me. I don't think even the Heritage Armor in BfA will get me to level.
leveling yes, content that makes sense no, I can see tasks being more reformed type quests that fit.
01/16/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Torhilde
01/16/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Matcauthon
At most I've seen people who actually leveled on the pre state that this adds roughly a day to the leveling experience. I've seen them claim as little as 4 hours. Me thinks people are blowing it out of proportion
It varies wildly depending on class and player skill. Some classes struggle while others sail. Further it isnt just about time, its also about experience. Without any sense of progression the experience is very stagnant. It feels endless, at least in my experience.

That's a lot of experience.
I already have every single class at 110 (with a few doubles sprinkled in) and I currently don't have any desire to level anymore until Allied Races.

That being said, I'd really only level them for the Heritage Armor and simply being able to unlock that race to Race Change on my other characters. My alts already have legendaries from previous expansions and whatnot that I have no desire trying to get again.

I think the scaling changes are nice in it's own way for people leveling without boosts, you don't have to leave the zone halfway or what not because you outscaled it. But I don't think they really needed to add more EXP needed to hit 60, or to scale down the stats on heirlooms before 60. We already have to level plenty to get to 110.
01/16/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Oxycut
I suppose this is one way to sell more level boosts.
Which is fine, but they are still pretty much making folks slog through the same old crap until level 60. If they want that profession boost along with the level boost that is.
/raises hand, with the other hand.=)

Semper Fi!