DON'T pre-order BfA with your deb/credit card

Wyrmrest Accord
People are reporting multiple charges (even if they only hit "pay now" once), overdraft fees, and more, when trying to pre-purchase BfA using their debit/credit card.

EVEN IF THE ERROR MESSAGE SAYS TO TRY AGAIN, DON'T!!

Follow this thread:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760888090

And the Blizzard customer support Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS

WAIT AWHILE, EVEN AFTER BEING GIVEN THE ALL CLEAR.

We've already been told the issue was resolved once, when it very obviously wasn't.
Paid with paypal, no issues. :D
Thanks for the heads up!
01/30/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Lanthellon
Paid with paypal

If you're desperate to get your hands on those shiny new Allied Races, both PayPal and Blizzard Balance appear to be safe to use.

Some poor unfortunate souls have upwards of 10 charges to their account, and Blizz is dragging their feet on the issue.
Most likely anything that shows up are pending pre-authorizations from making multiple attempts. Money shouldn't be actually taken out(perhaps frozen though) and only one time it should be taken out once the payment actually goes through. Any money that gets frozen as a result should be returned within 72 hours depending on your bank.

As for overdrafts, not to be an ahole but anyone that's getting to that point after a few attempts probably shouldn't be spam trying or even pre-ordering in the first place.
01/30/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Kayleina
not to be an ahole

You failed at that sorry

Anyway if anyone's having trouble, maybe try calling your credit card company/bank & explaining? So far I've always had really good luck with that, & they'll probably know that if there's like 20 charges of the same thing, there's a problem. Good luck, everyone! Hopefully they'll take care of things soon :(
well i wish i had known this earlier, i've tried again and again after error messages like 10+ times before i got it. my online account is locked out for my debit card so i cant see until tomorrow if ive been charged multiple times. sure i'll be fine though

if i'd known the game would be down all day anyways i probably would have just waited for things to be less crazy though lmao
I've been charged for 7 copies of the game so far.

:cool:
As for overdrafts, not to be an ahole but anyone that's getting to that point after a few attempts probably shouldn't be spam trying or even pre-ordering in the first place.

The error message actually tells you to try again, or to try again using a different browser. I have a ticket here from a customer service agent and he literally says that I should just "keep attempting" to pre-purchase the game and hope it goes through!

We've even had a Blue say "everything's fixed, go ahead and order now!!" only for it to turn out that the issue was still unresolved.

And that's not even getting into the multiple people who say they've only clicked the button once but have nonetheless been hit with multiple charges.

Blizzard needs to be more careful with people's money, full stop.

Don't try to turn this issue around.
01/30/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Blackweald

considering i tried 1485912873498 times i cant wait to see my account tomorrow

I have to agree. I tried it twice, have two pending orders through my b.net account (hasn't hit my bank account yet), and that's my own fault. If you know something is having an issue, don't make it worse or set yourself up for failure by bogging down the system some more.
01/30/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Lanthellon
Paid with paypal, no issues. :D

This may or may not work -- or may take a few attempts. After each attempt, check your transaction history (on your Battle.net account). If it's listed in your transaction history (B.net account) do not try again.

PayPal is a bit more forgiving than most banks are about your balance and when it frees up unused money, as far as I know, but you may still end up with two charges "authorized" against your PayPal account. However, I believ only a successful one, resulting in a transaction listed in your Battle.net account, should ultimately be charged.

That said, YMMV. If you're really worried, try PayPal, but only try once.
01/30/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Blackweald

meanwhile ya boy can't even get one
For the record, you can buy digital Blizzard Balance cards on Amazon. I've done it a couple times, and the code only took a few minutes to generate, and in both cases I was immediately able to apply the code to my Blizzard account, including this afternoon.

I highly recommend this method for those scrubs who, like me, don't have PayPal.
01/30/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Alledria
I have to agree.

Clarify something for me here.

If Blizz tells you that it's okay to do something, and you go ahead and do it and it turns out, surprise, it's not okay at all... who is at fault?

Don't worry, I'll wait.
01/30/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Kazimir
01/30/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Alledria
I have to agree.

Clarify something for me here.

If Blizz tells you that it's okay to do something, and you go ahead and do it and it turns out, surprise, it's not okay at all... who is at fault?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

I know Blizzard, so I know that when things go wrong they go horribly wrong. This is release/pre-release day, which is always a disaster. I can't remember the last time I tried to order something on release day, until now. Which I knew was a risk. That isn't Blizzard incompetence, that's just reality. Things go wrong. I know this. It was dumb of me to go rushing to the line when I knew it was bound to have some kind of error. That isn't to say people shouldn't get their money back for a product they won't even use, but come on. This was super predictable.
wra forums, back at it again with the victim blaming

It was me, I was getting spiteful.
01/30/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Bor

It was me, I was getting spiteful.

Tbh I feel like it comes down to impatience and entitlement. The pre-order will exist for a very long time, anyone who has been around the internet for a while knows that when something launches the servers get bogged down with the demand, things go wrong. I have no fault with Blizzard for my own error. I kept pushing the button, when I saw that little red warning in the bottom of my browser.