new players unwelcome

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Calling yourself a Highmountain or Nightborne is a privilege, not a right.
01/30/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Shartah
told him he has to unlock the races by doing their story before he can play them.

You shouldn't lie to your friends.
01/30/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Flìp
why would a new player not have access to the new races they paid to play with?

if you lock the races behind hurdles why pay for the expansion?

Srsly?
01/30/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Orcslayer
In order to make my first death knight, I needed to have a character get to lvl 55. I was completely fine with that. Just like I'm sure new players will be fine with unlocking these new characters as well.

Except once you got a character to 55 you made a DK that started at 55. Kinda bull!@#$ having to level a character to 110 so you have the privilege of leveling another character to 110.
01/30/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Shadesmar
you mean they'd actually have to play the game? imagine that.

Not really, they give you a 110 boost.

Imagine that.
01/30/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Thanarin
New players also dont have access to Death Knights or Demon Hunters, does that also make them unwelcome?

DK are lvl 60 requirement, DH is 100 I believe. Guess what when you buy the game you already can get boosted to 110.
The rep grind BS is hostile to new and returning players who wanted to try a new race with the new leveling system and were willing to preorder to do it. Blizzard has completely lost touch with what made wow great in the first place: welcoming in the new blood.
I can see both sides of the argument.

But when BFA Launches and new players are running around at 120 it will take them a week or so to unlock Nightborne Id imagine Blizzard will implement some nice catch up mechanics in BFA to make unlocking the Allied Races of Legion even easier.
It's not out yet. You're not taking anything away from the people who did do the unfun grind by giving everyone else advertised content they paid for.
If they want us to experience the lore for the races to unlock them why not have it be we finish all of the quests for that specific race? Getting to exalted isnt experiencing lore its making people repeat WQ until you learn to hate WQ. Specially with the ally races.
Its there, if its a deal breaker to have to work toward a reward.. then this isnt the game for you as other people have seemed to figured that out as well.
got a brand new friend to join wow, told him he has to unlock the races by doing their story before he can play them. Know his exact words?

"Ahh. Makes sense."

Who knew you'd have to do the lore to experience them?

your friend doesnt know what he got into thats it, a stupid grind to kick fish in the nut sack, helping crack addict , getting dazed running around argus while being undergeared and getting butt!@#$ed by demons all that just to complete unchallenging content like Lfr, such story telling much wow, get real.
01/30/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Monday
01/30/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Tamyndria
no i have my feelings on this but hey you know cuz i agree with blizz in this matter im a puppet?

wow

more because you jump every thread like its full of free pie

Dean Winchester? Is that you?
Lol, like when you buy a game, any game, you paid for it right? So, do you expect everything is unlocked when you start playing it?, where's the fun of that?. I just can't... People these days...
got a brand new friend to join wow, told him he has to unlock the races by doing their story before he can play them. Know his exact words?

"Ahh. Makes sense."

Who knew you'd have to do the lore to experience them?
Doing their story =/= getting exalted.

Because the Allied Races are clearly designed for, and by Blizzard's OWN ADMISSION designed for VETERAN PLAYERS. They're not designed to be new races that any schmuck who bought the game can play, they are meant to be an extra to people actually doing the content and it's to add more stuff to actually doing the content past gear.

It's not "new players are unwelcome" because they aren't barred from unlocking them. It's "lazy sacks of garbage who cbf to play the game that they're paying for are unwelcome."
They apparently aren't welcoming veteran players who buy the physical collector's edition either, they want us to pay for the game twice!
Personally id prefer achivement only requirement on them counting grind rep is so so slow

yeah...i agree...this is a great-big-massively-stoooooopid turn-off for both new players and casuals who are not about to start grinding rep.
01/31/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Nagchompa
They apparently aren't welcoming veteran players who buy the physical collector's edition either, they want us to pay for the game twice!

That's what you sign up for when you decide to take the option where you get crap in the mail.

No different than when Cataclysm launched and you had the option to actually buy the game physically which required you to actually get it from a store, or pay for it and digitally download all of it ahead of time without getting the little books and stuff that few people ever care about.

That's actually why a friend of mine who prefers physical copies of stuff will always buy digital for WoW. Because going into Mists of Pandaria launch the only place selling MoP was Walmart and apparently it was also the launch of a FIFA game so it was a complete mess. By the time he had gotten home, upgraded his copy with the CD key and got everything to the point he could log in I was already well into 86.