How do you do allied race

General Discussion
How do I complete void elf allied race as horde?

So far I have seen 2 horde races in org and I don't have an ally toon to do the void+ light.

Is there something I'm missing?
Some of the races are locked behind reputation. You cant get Highmountain tribe unless you have a character that's exalted with them, for example.
You don't.

You unlock Void Elves and Lightforged through similar quests, but you need a 110 Alliance character to do so.

Lightforged require Exalted Army of the Light.
Void Elves require Exalted Argussian Reach.
Both require "You Are Now Prepared!".

You can have those requirements unlocked on a Horde character, but you can only do the unlock quest on an Alliance toon.
Hmmm that changes my plans, I guess I'm going to boost an ally toon and the faction change.. damn you blizzard.

Spending my money
just make a lvl 1 and use your 110 boost
01/30/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Cayloregis
Hmmm that changes my plans, I guess I'm going to boost an ally toon and the faction change.. damn you blizzard.

Spending my money

You can NOT faction change or Race change to an allied race unless that race is unlocked first. So save your $$
You see, this is what scrapes my scrote and is the reason I didn't pull the trigger on pre-purchase. Thinking it all through, there are hoops many folks don't foresee.
The short of it is, you can have the required rep and achievements to unlock the Allied races, but if you do not have a level 110 of the required faction, you're SOL. Burning the supplied 110 boost that comes with the expansion should not be the way to achieve this.

So here are the hoops.

Have the required rep.
Have the required achievement.
Have a level 110 character of the correct faction to do the unlock quests.
Have a level 110 character on the same realm that you want to roll an Allied race on.

Of all of those, the first two are expected, but the last two are the sticklers for me. Don't funnel me into a faction by making me feel like I have to use the level boost just to unlock the new races, and let me roll a new Allied race on the realm of my choice.