Pre-order... For what?

General Discussion
Why give blizzard the satisfaction when we get nothing for pre-ordering the standard edition aside from early access to content that will be 50% cheaper after release, i don't understand how they can offer a pre-order option and literally provide no exclusive offers to those that do pre-order.
WTF?
We get to enjoy access to Allied races before everyone who decided not to buy.

Of course, if that has no appeal to you, you don't have to preorder. It is your money, after all.
01/30/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Extinctionx
i don't understand how they can offer a pre-order option and literally provide no exclusive offers to those that do pre-order.

Don't you get to play the new allied races?

Also being able to use your 110 boost right away?
I preorderd BFA digital deluxe. I'm the proud owner of the Gilded Ravasaur and Tottles ;)
01/30/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Globs
i don't understand how they can offer a pre-order option and literally provide no exclusive offers to those that do pre-order.

I heard you need 2 level 110's. 1 ally, 1 horde
Then grind for a couple days to reach exalted in a faction

And then .. if you've pre-ordered you can access them early?
I could be wrong this is a genuine question
So are people pre-ordering with CC still getting issues?
how they can offer a pre-order option and literally provide no exclusive offers to those that do pre-order.

You get access to the allied races feature early and a $60 character boost for $50
If that ain't a steal I really don't know what is.
01/30/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Extinctionx

you need certain reps and achiements to unlock the races but all you need is those on 1 toon either faction

yes you need a 110 horde or ally to access the allied race for said faction
If you don't feel the pre-order offers enough then don't pre-order, personally I am satisfied that my 95$ Australian for digital deluxe is good value for money.
exalted in a faction

I believe they changed that but I'm not sure.
Then don;t pre order

See , that wasn't hard now was it
01/30/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Neryssa

Of course, if that has no appeal to you, you don't have to preorder. It is your money, after all.

Not exactly true unless you've already completed the terrible exalted reputation grind. For older players returning to WoW, you have to waste your 110 boost just so you can start grinding, *THEN* you can start all over from level 1 on an allied race. Sounds like a nightmare...
01/30/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Camden
exalted in a faction

I believe they changed that but I'm not sure.

To create each Allied Race, you need the following:
Battle for Azeroth purchased.
A level 110 on the server you wish to create an Allied Race on.
Completion of a special quest achievement and reaching Exalted with the related faction.
Progress on this is account-wide and is not limited to a specific faction. For example, you could complete the required Nightborne achievement and faction on an Alliance character.
Your new Allied Race character will start at level 20.
We have added the ability to track your progress towards unlocking each Allied Race:
Nightborne: Exalted with the The Nightfallen and completion of Insurrection
Void Elf: Exalted with Argussian Reach and completion of You Are Now Prepared!
Lightforged Draenei: Exalted with Army of the Light and completion of You Are Now Prepared!
Highmountain Tauren: Exalted with Highmountain Tribe and completion of Ain't No Mountain High Enough

OMG! Velf post.
it's a personal thing really, for some accessing the content early is a valid reason to pre-purchase, for some it isn't, so it's up to you to decide if the "perks" are worth your money or not.

I love leveling alts (even if 7.3.5 kinda ruined that for me) so i was really looking forward for the allied races so i could have more things to level, so the pre-purchase bonus were valid for me.
My boyfriend doesn't care, so it's not worth for him and he wont be buying it for now.

See the difference?

It will take you weeks. Completing the zone quests doesn't give you enough rep, so you have to do daily quests that are only given out sporadically. You can't technically grind the rep, you have to gain it s l o w l y over time.

if you had already been... you know.... playing the game you should already be exalted with each required faction its account wide
01/30/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Olithir

Not exactly true unless you've already completed the terrible exalted reputation grind. For older players returning to WoW, you have to waste your 110 boost just so you can start grinding, *THEN* you can start all over from level 1 on an allied race. Sounds like a nightmare...

The grind required for rep has been known for months. Buying and not knowing about it is just being poorly informed, happens all the time in retail sales.
It’s basically just an early access to allied race and a 110 boost. To be more detailed you get $10 less or 16.67% off on the boost and you get the new races earlier (you know being early is usually a good thing, for me at least). I think it’s fair enough, good but not the best though.
New and returning players are screwed here (the very people they should be trying to welcome). It will take you weeks at least to get through the long list of requirements needed to get just one of these new races. They are trying to bring people back to the game with allied races and a new levelling system but you have to read a f*ing three page document to figure out all the ridiculous BS required just to start with one of the new races. What an absolute pigf*k