Race Change Error

Customer Support
Also experiencing this.
My payment was completed last night. Was never pending or anything. I have the same red text on the gear saying "Error Race Change not available. please try again later" I waited overnight figuring it would sort itself out but more than 12 hours later and the issues persists.
I just bought a Race Change, and got the same issue, I can log my character, but I have the red "race change error" message.
i have an error too, used paypal. payment went through and everything. can log in to character. can't race change though. unlucky.
Is customer support able to force the race change to complete considering my payment has already gone through? Or refund it and let me place the order a second time - would it be likely to go through?

I received a response to my ticket overnight suggesting to wait three days for the race change to complete, but I find that answer to be unsatisfactory. I can't have my character stuck in race change limbo with a raid day in the midst.
Got the issue too on my warlock, the paiement went through and got the "race change error" with gear next to my face. I paid with a credit card in game. That's a bummer I really want my velf warlock lol
Also having this issue, just to throw my hat in and show it's still a problem.
01/31/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Orlyia
These may be because of the payment processing issues we had yesterday, or connected to the processing delays being experienced by boosts as well.

I'd just give these time and keep an eye here on further word. I wouldn't recommend trying again at least till we get the all-clear on the payment issues.

We do appreciate your patience while we get everything sorted.

Thanks for the reply.

If it helps, here is my situation:
1) Ordered Race Change about 13 hours ago
2) Processed slow, but fine
3) Error appears next to the character I bought it for
4) Payment shows in my bank account
5) Order shows on Account page
- Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/3TsFlls.png

Still stuck. At least in my situation, this isn't a payment issue in my opinion, but something that requires a hotfix/patch.

Thanks again.

Edit: Added screenshot
I bought mine at 11PM last night, it's now currently almost 12PM the next day. My payment is complete, but I still have the error. Quite bummed.
Out of curiosity, is everyone that's having this issue using bnet balance or another form of payment?

If it helps, here is my situation:
1) Ordered Race Change about 13 hours ago
2) Processed slow, but fine
3) Error appears next to the character I bought it for
4) Payment shows in my bank account
5) Order shows on Account page
- Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/3TsFlls.png

This is exactly how mine went and the exact error I am getting on my priest.
01/31/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Holleucinate
Out of curiosity, is everyone that's having this issue using bnet balance or another form of payment?

I used a credit card directly in game.

I just used money to buy mine.

UPDATE: I said screw it and tried to buy another race change since I have the money, and now the error had gone away from my character but upon trying to buy the race change it just says, "An error was encountered. Please come back later."
Like wise for my hunter. I initiated this transaction almost 18hrs ago. Right after I used the free 110 boost from my BfA purchase on a different character and server, it too is still pending.
UPDATE#2: I can race change other characters, it's just my druid here that's stuck.
All character services are experiencing delays right now, due to a couple things.

If it was yesterday, could have been in the payment issue.

All are backed up at the moment.

If you can cancel this to play your character in Account Management, that is one option - some may have gone past that point.

What you do NOT want to do is cancel one that is working and resubmit - being backed up right now, all that will do is put you at the end of the queue and a longer wait.

If you wish quick access to your character in the meantime, and you have the ability, canceling is fine. If you have that option, you'll see it in Account Management.
01/31/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Orlyia
All character services are experiencing delays right now, due to a couple things.

If it was yesterday, could have been in the payment issue.

All are backed up at the moment.

If you can cancel this to play your character in Account Management, that is one option - some may have gone past that point.

What you do NOT want to do is cancel one that is working and resubmit - being backed up right now, all that will do is put you at the end of the queue and a longer wait.

If you wish quick access to your character in the meantime, and you have the ability, canceling is fine. If you have that option, you'll see it in Account Management.

Oh gosh. I tried to buy another race change and my error went away, but I can't buy another 'cause an error was encountered. I hope I'm still "in the queue"
01/31/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Hottah

Oh gosh. I tried to buy another race change and my error went away, but I can't buy another 'cause an error was encountered. I hope I'm still "in the queue"

I did this too out of curiosity. The error will come back. It did for me when I exited the game and then logged in again.
01/31/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Faeday
01/31/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Hottah

I did this too out of curiosity. The error will come back. It did for me when I exited the game and then logged in again.

That's good, at least mine is still in queue, just hope I didn't get pushed back.

bnet balance as well, and it shows as completed on the account manager transaction tab.

So, just gotta wait, or would opening a ticket expedite things somehow? Given that apparently are looking into these queued up transactions, doesn't seem it would do any good?