This is unacceptable.

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Blizzard this pre-order release was absolutely unacceptable. This is something someone should be getting fired for. Countless people have had their bank accounts charged multiple times leaving myself and many others broke and or worse overdrafted. The fact we have to wait 72 hours or longer for our money back and with no product to show for it is not something I can tolerate. I suggest you get this matter fixed with your third party far faster. This is 2018, you and your third party should have been better prepared for the influx you received. It's a damn good thing I have no bills coming up in the next few days or I'd be severely screwed. I was compensated with some free time but is that really enough for all of the rest who are even worse off than myself? I expect a massive apology for this Blizzard. Not just for me but for everyone who became financially damaged by this issue. I am livid beyond words right now as I am sure many others are. Get your act together asap.

Forum Mod Edit: Please be mindful of the forum code of conduct, regardless of the payment issue (linked below) that we experienced. As ever, we want to help make sure issues get resolved as soon as possible, but we still need to maintain the forums as a place where the community can offer civil and constructive discussion. Calling out for the firing of employees is not acceptable, and will result in a suspension of the posting account. Ty for your understanding.
I wouldn't call that an apology so much as an admission of fault, and plenty of people were financially damaged before that announcement was made. Basically remorseless because these money issues affect tiny little consumer insects and don't hurt the corporate behemoth in the slightest.
01/30/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Aeltia
I wouldn't call that an apology so much as an admission of fault, and plenty of people were financially damaged before that announcement was made. Basically remorseless because these money issues affect tiny little consumer insects and don't hurt the corporate behemoth in the slightest.

If lawyers representing angry customers get involved... you will watch Blizzard change its tune so fast it's not even funny.
No, an apology is definitely merited given how severe this is for so many people.
Charger three times for this crap
Same I was charged 3 times... Literally only hit the button once and even worst didnt even get the the product...
You got granted game time? I don't need it but how can I go about referring people to methods of compensation? I know a lot of players are not as financially well off as some of us who could really use that given what happened to their bank accounts today... :/
01/30/2018 08:44 PMPosted by Vestrel
You got granted game time? I don't need it but how can I go about referring people to methods of compensation? I know a lot of players are not as financially well off as some of us who could really use that given what happened to their bank accounts today... :/

I contacted support, complained about the issue then complained again that their response was unacceptable and demanded compensation. It was only a few days, and it does little to console my dissatisfaction but its better than nothing. I imagine Blizzard may grant a mass wide compensation of game time anyway given how bad the situation is.
Listening to all these posts...I'm so glad I didn't give in and order the deluxe edition...$70 three times would have put me on the streets. And that's not a joke. Some of us are on disability with fixed incomes who would be finding it literally impossible to pay their bills to feed, clothe, and house their families. Blizzard, I've been with you since Wow's inception...through all the ups and downs. Don't let us down this time. For those who were charged three times, don't give them game time, give them their money back! It just might make the difference on whether or not they can keep a roof over their head all month.
01/30/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Fantangar
Listening to all these posts...I'm so glad I didn't give in and order the deluxe edition...$70 three times would have put me on the streets. And that's not a joke. Some of us are on disability with fixed incomes who would be finding it literally impossible to pay their bills to feed, clothe, and house their families. Blizzard, I've been with you since Wow's inception...through all the ups and downs. Don't let us down this time. For those who were charged three times, don't give them game time, give them their money back! It just might make the difference on whether or not they can keep a roof over their head all month.

They will get their money back, that's a given. Blizzard already confirmed it. The issue is due to the foul up many people have their money stuck in limbo for 3-10 days. Me being one of those people, fortunately I'll manage with what's left in my bank account until then but other people aren't so fortunate. The game time compensation is for the major inconvenience this has caused me and many others.
I completely agree. I try to be fair and not give into the whole "amfg blizz u am suck bad" schtick, but this is absolutely justified anger. For god's sake, the best we got was just a "sorry for any inconveniences, we know this isn't how you wanted your day to go". Which, yes, they said sorry, but it simply isn't enough. Sorry isn't exactly going to put money back into the banks of those who need it immediately. There's certainly been a loss of trust with Blizz on my part, which is unfortunate because I rather enjoy their games. But honestly, with the clear lack of empathy on Blizzard's part is rather disheartening. I really hope there's going to be more coming than an "lol sorry my bad".
01/30/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Kanas
01/30/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Aeltia

If lawyers representing angry customers get involved... you will watch Blizzard change its tune so fast it's not even funny.

More likely the lawyers will ask the angry customers if they performed all reasonable actions first, which none of them have (such as waiting for things to calm down, contacting their banks to cancel the charges, etc.). Once the lawyers find out the angry customers have not done these things, they'll realize there's no case and the angry customers will be told there's nothing that can be done.

Because really, Blizzard didn't break the law or do anything that you could actually sue them for.
01/30/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Illthras
I completely agree. I try to be fair and not give into the whole "amfg blizz u am suck bad" schtick, but this is absolutely justified anger. For god's sake, the best we got was just a "sorry for any inconveniences, we know this isn't how you wanted your day to go". Which, yes, they said sorry, but it simply isn't enough. Sorry isn't exactly going to put money back into the banks of those who need it immediately. There's certainly been a loss of trust with Blizz on my part, which is unfortunate because I rather enjoy their games. But honestly, with the clear lack of empathy on Blizzard's part is rather disheartening. I really hope there's going to be more coming than an "lol sorry my bad".

Exactly, the past bad releases do not even come close to how severely egregious this has been. It's one thing to have servers crapping themselves, long queues and constant disconnects or authentication issues but to mess with peoples livelihoods unintentionally or otherwise is just well to quote Lemongrab "Unacceptable!". I get it [removed] happens but this was too much. This definitely does not need to happen again.
I too got hit with the triple charge. But I also recognize that my bank shows as pending on the charges so Blizz has not received and money to refund to me I have to deal with my bank on this one.

The more concerning issue is that the preorder tabs and adds were left up. Even in game on my char log in screen there is still a big button asking me to give more money and buy the preorder. I think that is irresponsible to the people as consumers. Asking us to roll the dice like I'm playing an outlaw rogue and hope I get to buy the expansion or I may just get another pending charge on my account.

Take the hit Blizz pull it down until its all clear to process payments.
As a member of the community I would have appreciated a delay and I'm sorry It will be another day or two. Not this payment issue.
01/30/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Ruiny
01/30/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Fantangar

They will get their money back, that's a given. Blizzard already confirmed it. The issue is due to the foul up many people have their money stuck in limbo for 3-10 days. Me being one of those people, fortunately I'll manage with what's left in my bank account until then but other people aren't so fortunate. The game time compensation is for the major inconvenience this has caused me and many others.

You only have a couple hundred dollars in your bank account?...

How about taking a course on personal finance and responsible spending?