Why are updates only on Twitter?

General Discussion
Bliz has its own forum RIGHT HERE! Make a read only locked post and update it ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE! Why should I have to subscribe to Twitter to get simple update?

SERIOUSLY!!!
Exactly.

I am Blizzard customer and I am not a Twitter customer.
I don't like twitter either, but it's not necessary to sign up or anything to see their posts.

I do agree in the fact that they should just use their own website.
One word "" YUPPIES ""
They should just integrate their twitter feed into the forums. Little box off to the side or something that updates whenever they tweet.
because twitter at least was working
I also dont use Twitter either. When I am looking to be informed, I normally head to the GD.

So far I just found complaints and troll threads. No blue post yet.
Forum is borked off and on today. lol

That said I hate social media and pretty much never go there.

There are blue posts in Customer Support. Programmers are working hard to get stuff fixed. We just have to be patient.
Here's their latest Tweet: BlizzardCS

Verified account

@BlizzardCS
2m2 minutes ago
More
[#Warcraft] Update: The WOW team continues to work towards alleviating the blank character selection screen and character login issues. We do not have an ETA to share at this time. Thank you for your patience during this.
You'll see a Blue post...once in a blue moon...
Please contact Metox if you want to go to Goldshire and alleviate your stress.
It's not just Twitter. Plenty of posts in customer support addressing the issue as well. I don't really see the big deal if they choose to use twitter too. You don't even need an account to see the tweets. A lot easier than scrolling through forum posts as well looking for answers. I don't even use twitter but I like the updates being there.
"Blue Moon Post Please"
If only they had a customer support forum
The support page has a twitter feed:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/games/wow

That being said, when the game goes kersplat, the website sometimes goes kersplat right along with it. There have been some reports of unable to post, unable to see posts, etc. today while we're having issues.

Twitter is on a different ecosystem and isn't affected. Ergo, Twitter is probably better for delivering information than the forums.
01/30/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Druburymore
Bliz has its own forum RIGHT HERE! Make a read only locked post and update it ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE! Why should I have to subscribe to Twitter to get simple update?

SERIOUSLY!!!

Theres nothing worth a dang on their Twitter feed neither. A total sham. Always has been.
01/30/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Druburymore

SERIOUSLY!!!

I remember, back in the day, we actually had those!
General Chat is for players to talk to each other. Support updates are found in the Support forum and places where they can't get buried by trolls, like Twitter.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1011699/
Assuming everyone complaining is above the age of 35? Maybe 40. Get with the times imo
It gives them traffic and relevance, a cheap way to use us.