Extra Character Slots now?

General Discussion
I have full character slots with characters that are all 100-110, so I can't yet enjoy the new races. Think you could open up those extra character slots you spoke of?
Not yet, they said they are trying to roll out 4 new slots within the next few days.
I don't understand the point of releasing the allied races before the slots are available. I don't have a slot open to level one.
01/30/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Hallux
I don't understand the point of releasing the allied races before the slots are available. I don't have a slot open to level one.
Because they wanted preorders open and not everyone has 12 characters on their main realm? The slots are going to open in a few days in a hotfix, what's the difference?
Same, very frustrating that there was no foresight on this issue. Worryingly, it seems this lack of care is becoming more common with these patches.
01/30/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Meritha
Not yet, they said they are trying to roll out 4 new slots within the next few days.

Thanks for the clarification, also got 12 characters on my server (10 are lv 110's and 1 of each class till the new slots)
We got the slot when dhs become unlocked before legion, they should have gave us our slot today, I can't play and level the new races either
Not to mention they were woefully unprepared for this. Buying the expansion was a problem for me, now I can't log in because the screen is black. Like this
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/405156358363807764/408070569037135882/unknown.png
You could delete a character and then restore them into one of the new slots when the new slots are available.
I had 24 characters across two realms and wanted to check out the leaving changed. Finally bit th bullet and rolled one on a new server. All your mounts, pets and BoA gear are available accout wide regardless of server, so all you really need to do is sell a token on the new realm and then you’ve got money covered.
01/30/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Shengyi
You could delete a character and then restore them into one of the new slots when the new slots are available.

That sounds like it would invite a whole host of potential issues. Would I lose all my quests that I'm working towards? What other potential issues? Not a real solution IMO.
01/30/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Hallux

That's weird, I have slots available on all but one of the realms I play on. Must be a bug on your realms or something. Definitely something Blizzard should fix immediately!
01/30/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Lakorah
01/30/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Shengyi

That sounds like it would invite a whole host of potential issues. Would I lose all my quests that I'm working towards? What other potential issues? Not a real solution IMO.

It's a pretty smooth restoration in my experience, though you may want to resolve active quests.
01/30/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Shengyi
01/30/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Lakorah

It's a pretty smooth restoration in my experience, though you may want to resolve active quests.

Mid-way on most characters through Balance of Power....no thanks.