BfA isn't out yet, why cry about Rep?

General Discussion
As the title states, BfA isn't even out yet, so why are people crying about the requirement to gain some rep with a few factions to unlock Allied races?

Allied races are a feature of an expansion that isn't even out yet. HOWEVER, they are giving YOU the player the ability to pre-view the content before BfA comes out, given that you meet the LEGION rep requirements. We still have at least 8 months before BfA comes out, so spend a couple weeks, get the rep, then make your precious Allied races.

Simple logic eludes many of you doesn't it?
You really needed to make an entire thread for this?
The tears are delicious though!
01/30/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Flaks
they are giving YOU the player the ability to pre-view the content before BfA comes out

No, they aren't giving people anything. People are paying Blizzard for an expansion that isn't even out yet.
Because people don’t like putting in the effort for rewards.

It’s the same reason they don’t like pathfinder.

It’s the same reason they don’t like artifact weapons.

People just don’t like putting in effort.
Because the Allied Races are out & playable now.
What the heck kinda post is this?
It sucks for players who haven't been playing in a while. Also, unless they remove these requirements, you will have to be doing Expansion 6 content in order to unlock Expanion 7 content, which is crappy.

It also takes much longer than just 14 days to get some of these reps to exalted.
01/30/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Petercheese
they are giving YOU the player the ability to pre-view the content before BfA comes out

No, they aren't giving people anything. People are paying Blizzard for an expansion that isn't even out yet.

No duh, its called a pre-order. And a benefit of that pre-order is that you gain access to some of the content that is part of the next expansion, aka the allied races. But in order to access them, you have to do LEGION things. Your $50 only gives you the ability to access them, otherwise you would not even be able to even if you were exalted with all the required reps.
01/30/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Atrael

I'd rep grind all day if I could, but it's time gated to hell. I don't have a choice. I have to wait for my FIVE WQs tomorrow that give 75 rep each. That isn't a grind, that's waiting. Not effort, not work, waiting.

But let's see if you can manage a reply without the words entitled, millennial, or snowflake. Who am I kidding...we all know you can't.
While I could care less about the rep thing.
I will say your argument makes no sense.

Please stop.
01/30/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Bepples
It sucks for players who haven't been playing in a while. Also, unless they remove these requirements, you will have to be doing Expansion 6 content in order to unlock Expanion 7 content, which is crappy.

It also takes much longer than just 14 days to get some of these reps to exalted.

You have to do all previous expansion content to access all future expansion content...... by *GASP* leveling! What's your point?
01/30/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Bawky
Because the Allied Races are out & playable now.
What the heck kinda post is this?

Your pre-order of the next expansion doesn't just give you allied races... your pre-order gives you the ABILITY to access allied races... big difference.

The requirement is that you do a few things in LEGION in order to access a few parts of the next expansion early, aka Allied races.

How are you people not getting this? Am I missing something?
01/30/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Kitli

I'd rep grind all day if I could, but it's time gated to hell. I don't have a choice. I have to wait for my FIVE WQs tomorrow that give 75 rep each. That isn't a grind, that's waiting. Not effort, not work, waiting.

But let's see if you can manage a reply without the words entitled, millennial, or snowflake. Who am I kidding...we all know you can't.

Oh look, someone using hyperbole who isn't even doing the quests!

7.3.5 added a whoooole bunch of other opportunities for AR rep which if you were actually doing the quests you would know. Curious.

There's invasion tokens now, weekly tokens now, BoA AR rep WQ tokens now, plus several AoL quests give double rep, clearly you know all this though right?! Cuz you're doing the quests RIGHT?!? Oh...
01/30/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Petercheese

Well, I'm paying for a mount, a pet, and early access to a new race. Eventually I'll get a game by my birthday. All in all, a good deal.
If I payed for a steak dinner at a restaurant, I don't expect to go butcher the cow, prep the stove, and cook it. If I pay 50 bucks for an expansion, I am expected to play the new races, not grind near pointless reputation on a fading expansion on dying content just to access what I payed for.

It’s funny because my first post had none of those words it in.

Do the questlines. Do the Argus invasion points and rares (they can all drop 250 rep tokens now). Do the weekly Argus quests for 1,000 rep each. Do your order hall missions. Do the World Quests.

Like, I’m sorry that 7.3 has been out for months now and you’re just now doing it. I got my monk to Exalted with both Argrussian Reach and Army of Light. Leveled up a mage from scratch and got it to Exalted with both after I finished on my monk (including getting several of the paragon chests for them). And I’m halfway through revered on my new priest with both after starting the content on her last week.

So, is it really timegated content, or are you just not putting in all the effort you can?
01/30/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Antorvin

Oh look, someone using hyperbole who isn't even doing the quests!

7.3.5 added a whoooole bunch of other opportunities for AR rep which if you were actually doing the quests you would know. Curious.

There's invasion tokens now, weekly tokens now, BoA AR rep WQ tokens now, plus several AoL quests give double rep, clearly you know all this though right?! Cuz you're doing the quests RIGHT?!? Oh...

"You won't do x thing!"
"Actually I am doing that thing."
"N-No you aren't!"

You probably would have sounded smarter with the trumpisms... What a joke.
01/30/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Atrael

It’s funny because my first post had none of those words it in.

Do the questlines. Do the Argus invasion points and rares (they can all drop 250 rep tokens now). Do the weekly Argus quests for 1,000 rep each. Do your order hall missions. Do the World Quests.

Like, I’m sorry that 7.3 has been out for months now and you’re just now doing it. I got my monk to Exalted with both Argrussian Reach and Army of Light. Leveled up a mage from scratch and got it to Exalted with both after I finished on my monk (including getting several of the paragon chests for them). And I’m halfway through revered on my new priest with both after starting the content on her last week.

So, is it really timegated content, or are you just not putting in all the effort you can?

I didn't do it when there was no reason to do it. Not that crazy a concept, honestly. And yes, it IS timegated. Just because YOU don't have to do it doesn't mean it isn't timegated...
01/30/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Meatbicycle
If I payed for a steak dinner at a restaurant, I don't expect to go butcher the cow, prep the stove, and cook it. If I pay 50 bucks for an expansion, I am expected to play the new races, not grind near pointless reputation on a fading expansion on dying content just to access what I payed for.

Bad analogy.

The BfA expansion isn't out yet.

You bought a ticket to a black tie event. Oh you don't have a suit and tie you say? Well you better start saving up some money to buy the suit and tie so you can go to the black tie event on the date it arrives.

In other words, you simply just have to... play the current expansion. Yes, that's it.. you just have to play the game for a bit to have the priviledge of accessing content EARLIER than you are supposed to access it (it being part of the next expansion that isn't out yet).

Was that easy enough for you? Or do you need more of an explanation?