Forbes interview about Classic

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 19 Next
01/30/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Kamerion
so we will all be discussing the same stuff over and over like we have been for the past 4 months with next to no input by Blizzard until around 2020 waiting for this classic release?
Now with less "no changes"
01/30/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Rhistra
So if the toggle is defaulted to "ON" and "ON" is everything you've ever dreamed of and more.
"Off" is... well who gives a damn because you will never use it.

You'd write off Classic is a heaping pile of crap?
I kept subbing and unsubbing for years hoping Blizzard would right their ship. I resubbed for WOD because I thought, well maybe they got this one right. They didn't. Never again will I trust them to turn an abysmal failure into something that works.
01/30/2018 07:27 PMPosted by Rhistra
01/30/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Kamerion
so we will all be discussing the same stuff over and over like we have been for the past 4 months with next to no input by Blizzard until around 2020 waiting for this classic release?
Now with less "no changes"

Actually, if they are considering changes but want feedback about it, 'no changes' is more important now than ever.
01/30/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki
01/30/2018 07:27 PMPosted by Rhistra
...Now with less "no changes"

Actually, if they are considering changes but want feedback about it, 'no changes' is more important now than ever.

#nochanges!
01/30/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Plum
So if the toggle is defaulted to "ON" and "ON" is everything you've ever dreamed of and more.

I kept subbing and unsubbing for years hoping Blizzard would right their ship. I resubbed for WOD because I thought, well maybe they got this one right. They didn't. Never again will I trust them to turn an abysmal failure into something that works.
Probably shouldn't stick around for them to turn Classic into your rose colored version of vanilla then. Sounds like you're looking for something to blame to explain why you are not going to play.
01/30/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Brisey
Sigh..

Oh well, that is life.

At least they are giving it a try, I'm still interested in where classic goes, or if it never reaches release because the technological limitations combined with those who want to play it do not meet expectations.

If they are considering new graphics, then this is not a project of restoration and preservation, but a remaster, and as such I would imagine just about anything could be on the table.

My guess, is that class balance and guild banks will be on the table as well. Why wouldn't they be? Blaaaahrg!! I'm disappointed, but don't want to come off as a huge entitled cry baby. I'll probably still give the game a try, even with the above things included, but after I get bored with it, there is not going to very much that would bring me back.

Same, I say the same, I'll see if I like the game and if not then I'll leave it to those who do.

the only thing that gives me great sadness is that I will be completely alone. because at least 3 of my friends will not be able to return and all my other friends who appreciate them as well because without them there is no reason and probably many people from the private servers will not be able to either.
I think people need to stop freaking out until we have concrete plans from the Classic team.
Think it would be better to get the game first before you make it take longer to release by adding changes.
Too many armchair programmers in this thread
01/30/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Plum
...I've seen how they do toggles. I'm not playing with a f*cking toggle.

Maybe if they make a toggle to toggle the toggle so it wouldn't be so unfair towards which option is on/off.
01/30/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Rhistra
Probably shouldn't stick around for them to turn Classic into your rose colored version of vanilla then. Sounds like you're looking for something to blame to explain why you are not going to play.
Oh is that what it sounds like to you? Well let me clear it up:

I'm not going to play with any model toggle because they've shown they're completely inept at making one that works. I'm not even going to try their game if a toggle's included because I have no faith in their ability to make anything other than a piece of crap. Why should I?

What's more, their supposed commitment to making an "authentic classic experience" would be a lie. Why would they even consider putting things in a game they say they want to preserve that weren't there in the first place? Because some players want them? Oh goody. What else do they want? Mounts at level 20? Transmog? Death Knights? New mounts with toggles? Complete class revamps? Phasing? (Yeah those are all real suggestions.)

Let's all hold hands and walk down that road to making everyone happy. It is to puke.
01/30/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Plum

I'm not going to play with any model toggle because they've shown they're completely inept at making one that works. I'm not even going to try their game if a toggle's included because I have no faith in their ability to make anything other than a piece of crap. Why should I?

What's more, their supposed commitment to making an "authentic classic experience" would be a lie. Why would they even consider putting things in a game they say they want to preserve that weren't there in the first place? Because some players want them? Oh goody. What else do they want? Mounts at level 20? Transmog? Death Knights? New mounts with toggles? Complete class revamps? Phasing? (Yeah those are all real suggestions.)

Let's all hold hands and walk down that road to making everyone happy. It is to puke.
Exactly, if it's not 100% your version of vanilla. It's crap.

Best example of rose colored glasses. No one can live up to your expectations.
After reading it, essentially what I can get out of this currently is that they do indeed want to keep things focused to what was in Classic. However, mentioning graphics does mean that not everything is off the table. Community will most likely be the most important factor in deciding if anything outside of Classic will matter albeit majority will assuredly not pass for the community. There have only been very few exceptions.

As to why they have been so silent on the forums and Classic in general, it would seem they are far from ready to fully involve the community. So at a much later date, we will likely get more direct interaction with the devs when they need it. So much patience will be needed.
01/30/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Rhistra
If it's not vanilla, it's not vanilla. It's that simple.
01/30/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Plum

If all you care about is recreating your exact experience from 12+ years ago you're going to be disappointed regardless of anything blizzard does.
01/30/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Zlo
01/30/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki

#nochanges!

No changes.
Blizz, if you're reading this please make an April 1st announcment of putting lfg/lfr, tokens, pay-to-60 to cause a mass triggering in these forums XD.
Also, yes to graphics change option.
01/30/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Plum
01/30/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Rhistra
If it's not vanilla, it's not vanilla. It's that simple.
Classic will never be 100% vanilla.
01/30/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Anitharia
01/30/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Zlo

#nochanges!

No changes.

You're getting changes.