Allied race unlock problem

Quests
1 2 3 5 Next
Purchased expansion? Check
Have all pre-req done for allied races? Check
Hit the Orgimmar Embassy, talk to Sylvanas, check out the two races, make selection? Check!
Turn in quest to Sylvanas? Check..........and.....

NOW WHAT? Achievement didn't happen. Scenario didn't start? Soooo? Fix?
I can't say for Nightfallen, looks like I might be missing a thing there, but for the Highmountain you get a quest to go to Thunderbluff. Its not so much a scenario, but a quick quest chain there then sends you to Highmountain for some quests there. Check your log. This may not be your issue but just incase!
01/30/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Drmooseman
I can't say for Nightfallen, looks like I might be missing a thing there, but for the Highmountain you get a quest to go to Thunderbluff. Its not so much a scenario, but a quick quest chain there then sends you to Highmountain for some quests there. Check your log. This may not be your issue but just incase!

Yea I checked the log, nothing. Went to Suramar, nothing. Really at a loss. Thanks though :)
01/30/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Tenebrius
Hit the Orgimmar Embassy, talk to Sylvanas, check out the two races, make selection? Check!

Which race did you choose?

You should have a quest waiting in either Suramar for Nightborne or Thunder Bluff for Highmountain.

Achievements won't pop until you complete their respective unlock requirements.

I completed both of them in less than an hour, so there's presently nothing to fix.
Are the Allied Races actually playable now or just unlockable? The language used on the website is a bit confusing.

(A bullet point says "begin the journey to unlock playable Allied Races" while further down the article it says "experience Azeroth as one of Battle for Azeroth’s new playable Allied Races" and "unlock the ability to create characters of that race".)
I had to log out, and then log back in. And when I did, a "quest" to meet with Anduin popped up on my screen automatically.
Log out and back in, I had no quest till I did that.
I'm stuck with Lightforged Draenei unlock quests...
I was told to talk to Magni Bronzebeard, did that. Viewed the "Life-binder's Plea" and now have no quest or follow up to continue unlocking this race.
What did I miss? I've looked in every zone I can think of (on map), checked my quest log to see if I missed something there, there's nothing I can find that relates to the Lightforged Draenei.
Help?
01/30/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Tenebrius
Purchased expansion? Check
Have all pre-req done for allied races? Check

This is the same problem I'm having. I turned in the quest and I was phased out of the quest chain/scenario. No quest to pick up and nothing else I can do to continue it. Logged in this morning and the problem still persists. I put in a ticket yesterday and still haven't gotten a reply. Maybe I should have reported it as a bug. The quest chain works on my alt but that character didn't receive the achievements and is even missing flight paths in Suramar and Highmountain. Shal' Aran isn't even developed on my alt. Lol. I don't know whats going on but I hope they fix it soon. I really want play... on my main.
I can't even get to make a choice. Sylvanas just keeps saying the same thing ; goodbye
I have had a few times during quest chain that there is no indication of where, what whom I should go to next...gonna try logging and see if anything pops up.
One thing I noticed people having issues with when starting it, after turning in the initial quest to meet Sylvanus, you have to speak to both Liadrin and Baine to get information about both races, then talk to Sylvanus again, and then choose which race to pursue first.

Also of note, the Nightborne one is significantly shorter than the Highmoutain one.
01/31/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Inayia
I can't even get to make a choice. Sylvanas just keeps saying the same thing ; goodbye

Same thing.
I am having this problem aswell. I checked out both races, and Sylvanas just keeps saying "The time for war is at hand." and I can view the races but not pick them??

Same. I completely logged in and out three times and it still won't let me make a choice.
Ditto, except I was able to do the Horde Allies and only get stares from the Boy King in the Alliance Embassy. Granted, I'm not Exalted with Argussian but I am Exalted with Armies of the Light, so I thought that I could at least do the Lightforged.
BTW, as long as you have the achievement for Exalted SOMEWHERE and a max level character of the right faction, you can get this done. I got Highmountain and Nightfallen Exalted on my Ally main and then used the token on a horde character to unlock the allied Horde races. Still don't understand what is happening in the Ally Embassy though..
02/03/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Imane

Same. I completely logged in and out three times and it still won't let me make a choice.

Same, any solutions?
I have the same problem. I put a ticket in for bugged quest and got a response telling me that the quest is indeed NOT bugged. I chose my nightborn to go after, and all guides tell me I have something to do in suramar, however No scenario and No quest. At this point I'm lost and not really sure what to do.
I busted my butt to unlock Highmountain and my poor DH cannot kill the named at Thunder Bluff. Is there now an Ilvl requirement as well? I'm really frustrated & sad right at this moment....

For those who only get a "Goodbye" after the initial consultation with Sylvanas &/or Anduin, check to make sure that you have met all of the requirements. You have to have an achievement for each zone + exalted status with each of the reps that you wish to unlock.

Yes, the Nightborne is WAY easier than the Highmountain at this point. For one thing, if you die, your ghost appears QUITE a bit closer to where you died and secondly, if you die, everyone else keeps fighting! When you die at TB, your ghost appears at the "back door" to TB, you have no flight option, so you must run to the elevator, wait for it, then run back to your corpse. Even if you do not release, Baine despawns & everyone else just ignores the named so he resets his health & walks away. I used the same DH for this scenario as for the TB and she had just hit 110, so she didn't even have her new AP spent yet, but she was still able to complete this with only a few deaths. At TB, she's already died enough to break every single piece of her armor - it's been repaired, her points have been allocated and SHE STILL DIED. I am seriously at a complete loss as to how to fight this thing.
02/03/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Dorisroberts
I am having this problem aswell. I checked out both races, and Sylvanas just keeps saying "The time for war is at hand." and I can view the races but not pick them??

02/06/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Finshi
02/03/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Imane

Same, any solutions?

You guys need to be exalted with Nightfallen and Highmountain to be able to pick their respective quests. Sry if you already are but it's the only thing I can think you might be missing that's causing your issue. Regards.