Allied Races are a Reward to Loyal Players

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
02/06/2018 03:26 AMPosted by Osiria
02/01/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Niteborn
Early access to Allied Races are a Reward for those loyal players who loved, enjoyed and play Legion till this day.

If you are one of them obviously you are exalted with everyone at this point.

Those people complaining are those players who pay for an expansion play 3 months and quit and return when something new pop up. Those people obviously aren't exalted.

That's the way it is.

Move along. Just another fanboy who brags about accepting everything.

By the way, if it's a reward for playing for so long, why do you need to pre-purchase to obtain it? Sounds like you bought something but also had to spend a load of time just to begin playing with it...
And THIS made me laugh. You sound so.. what's the word.. BITTER?? ;-)
p.s. us fanbois brought it so we could gallavant around on our new races. Next question?
Allied races should have been put in with a patch if they are a reward for loyalty. When you pay for it, it's not a reward, it's a purchase. They should have put a "more info tab" under the "early access to allied races" on their pre-order page. Otherwise it just appears that you get early access.
02/06/2018 03:32 AMPosted by Alesria
Allied races should have been put in with a patch if they are a reward for loyalty. When you pay for it, it's not a reward, it's a purchase. They should have put a "more info tab" under the "early access to allied races" on their pre-order page. Otherwise it just appears that you get early access.

lol reread your comment...
02/01/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Sensi
!@#$ing blizzard boy scout here.
The word you're looking for is sycophant.
Boy howdy, all them "new players" come release, how are we going to explain to them that their nice, shiny, new {ALLIED RACE, AKA RESKIN} is already faded?

And that they're "not loved".

And, if Blizzard doesn't revert these rep requirements (essentially telling those in early access, "ha ha, thanks for the pre-order money suckers"), how long do you think those Unicorns are going to stick around?
02/06/2018 03:32 AMPosted by Alesria
They should have put a "more info tab" under the "early access to allied races" on their pre-order page.

While I agree that they should of mentioned it somewhere on the pre-order page, I cant imagine why anybody would spend 60+ dollars on a preorder without even THINKING to look up how to access them

I mean its been common knowledge for a while now that you needed the rep, and even if you didnt read the datamining, its pretty obvious that you'd need to be exalted with these factions
Saggy is right, it's a good example of buyer beware. Caveat emptor or however it is spelled.
I've only got to get about 13k Argussian rep before I can look to pre-purchasing. I'm getting there steadily.
02/06/2018 03:27 AMPosted by Alande
02/06/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Loktarohgosh
This is not a reward/perk. lol
yeah, it is for those that have been here the whole time playing the new part of the game Blizzard gave us - Legion.
I can tell that's not your main, so you probably are fully exalted on that one, and that's great. You can go and get your toon.
But for all others, this is a PRE-RELEASE. A release with a little gift for all of us that have been playing Legion enough to get exalted relatively quickly.
For the others, wait until the actual release if you have concerns/misgivings.

15 dollars a month times how many months til xpac? Your advising blizz to just write off all that money? I popped token on ally 110 and started grinding for the void elf. Halfway thru honored and I am done. Unsubbed. It's is in no way shape or form fun.
::Ahem::

Here is a wet wipe...

I noticed something brown on your nose.

Been here since Legion was released. Exalted with no one. Never cared for reputations.

Most of my time in the last two years was spent levelling lowbie characters... Because that's what I enjoy. Levelling. Once I stop receiving XP, I don't want to play that character anymore.... There are no more rewards for that character, so I move on to the next.
02/01/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Crojak
02/01/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Niteborn
We (Loyals) paid the expansion and $15 every month.

Or you loyally farmed gold and bought WoW tokens...

You loyal guy, you.

The awkwardness of this statement.

Buying tokens means someone paid $20 to put that token in. So that would mean they gave Blizzard even more money with supply and demand.

You might wanna work on your petty insults.
i can agree to that. a fine gift during the pre-release to those who have put in the effort to gain rep.

come release though, and this requirement changes from a reward to an iron shackle. if this is in place i will not buy. you cant hide major content of an expansion behind a previous expansion wall. that makes me feel i am forced to do content i don't enjoy(namely the boring WQ's) to achieve. casual players like myself, who chronically level, or don't put a huge amount of time outside of the major quest lines to do the same content over and over again, day after day, just shouldn't be punished.

in the end, its only a game, and there's plenty of them around, so no worries.
Listen I'm not trying to brag that I have a nightborne.
I just want you guys to realize that if you stop going to the forums to complain you could probably have a nightborne or whatever allied race.
You probably missed a few world quests browsing the forums for the "satisfaction" that someone agrees with you.
You guys are closer than you think. Stick to it.
02/06/2018 04:27 AMPosted by Zubberikan
You probably missed a few world quests browsing the forums for the "satisfaction" that someone agrees with you.

Waiting for world quests to reset.

Also, having a nightborne isn't impressive because it is very easy to get one. And fun. Unlike the Alliance ones, getting the Horde ones are both easy and fun. For the entire time I was unlocking this character, I did nothing but quests... and hit exalted as a result of that.
After reading through some stuff I'd like to point one thing out, there will be MORE allied races for us to unlock so a new player will have the same access to to unlocking them as we will. These 4 early ones are specific to this expansion so it makes sense why someone has to do Legion stuff to unlock them, they are Legion races. I think it's cool they did that, I'm certain newer races will involve stuff in BFA and I know it sucks having to grind out this xpack reps to earn them but that's what they are supposed to be, A reward for completing the content (doing the dungeons/quests, grinding the reps, ect.). Does everyone wanna do that? No, I certainly Don't like it but I understand it's meant to give us more stuff to do if we haven't already done it.

I didn't try to get exalted with factions, I focused on other aspects of the game. Getting my weapons leveled up, farm mats for raids, ect. Doing these other tasks got me the rep passively, I didn't focus on earning a specific rep until I needed the Army of The Light for the free Rune (which has paid itself off now since I sell any extra normal runes I get). Just focus on playing the game and enjoying the content there and the rep will come, there's so much more to do than just level.
Early access to Allied Races are a Reward for those loyal players who loved, enjoyed and play Legion till this day.

Those people complaining are those players who pay for an expansion play 3 months and quit and return when something new pop up. Those people obviously aren't exalted.

That's the way it is.
so not true i couldnt return till this month and I almost got nightborn unlocked im 700 rep away from it once the game respawns i will have it unlocked in under 2 weeks of grind ... the only thing that made it a little unbearable was the time-gabing
I thought it was an incentive to boost sales of BfA pre-orders and keep players subbed. How silly I am. This entire time I was sitting here thinking companies love making money. But nope, Blizzard did it purely out of appreciation for their "loyal" customers.
02/01/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Dramaege
No it's not, I've been playing since the beginning and release and I've been writing with a guild every weekend I have 25 days played on this character at 110 so I very much have been playing this entire expansion.

However I got really tired of grinding reputations after I got every single reputation to exalted and then got legionfall to revered so I stop grinding Argussian reach and lightforged it came back to bite me in the butt.

The time and effort I put on the game is not any worse than what you guys did by just grinding some dailies every day.

I was pretty frustrated to see that the races were tied to that reputation and I'm very burnt out on grinding rap, but I'm going to do it and then I'm going to let my sub time out until the new expansion comes out.

Not really because of this just because I'm actually very burnt out on the game but the assumption that I was being lazy this entire expansion is very wrong.

25 days played isn’t much, neck I had 25 days played the by the 1st month of the xpac coming out. That being said I have 3 maxed toons and I got burned out by July 30th and stopped playing and haven’t been on since. I love this game and will come back for new xpac and may hope on to do old content and I’m not even interested in seeing the new 7.3 content. I am not complaining just stating that buy playing trying to get everything in the game I burned out. Next xpac I am just going to play very casual and not worry about being top gear, max rep or worry about finishing a raid. I will just do lfr to see content. I’m done with the grind it isn’t fun anymore. Again, not complaining I love this game just played so much I burned myself out and it’s my fauunot Blizzards.
02/01/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Lóst
Or maybe, just maybe, we don't enjoy questing and dailies all that much and would rather spend our time raiding, doing dungeons, pvp or other aspects of the game.

Again, you want the same reward for doing less? Not at all fair.
Loyalty is paying a monthly sub fee.

THAT'S the way it is.