Clarifications on Holiday Loot

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Hey all,

A quick update on changes to Holiday Loot with the launch of 'Love is in the Air' today:

When we changed Holiday dungeons to scale based on a player’s level, we aimed to increase participation in those dungeons. We also wanted to avoid a situation where a player with an army of low-level characters had a better chance at receiving account-wide rewards than a player with one or two max-level characters. At the same time, we didn't want to impact the amount of chances that players who maintain several max-level characters had in previous years.

As a compromise, we made account-wide rewards a random drop for any character capable of participating in current-expansion content. For the remainder of Legion, players level 98 and above fit that criteria. The minimum level requirement will increase again in Battle for Azeroth, and will continue to increase in future expansions.
Booo!

It wouldn't be so bad if the drop rate wasn't so ridiculously low.
02/02/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Ornyx
We also wanted to avoid a situation where a player with an army of low-level characters had a better chance at receiving account-wide rewards than a player with one or two max-level characters.
Appreciate the clarification, but why bother allowing lower levels to queue for it then when they don't have a chance at the mount? It's just as bad of an idea with the Hallows end changes.

Who cares who runs how many alts through the event? I thought more participation was a good thing? If it's a matter of people just creating and deleting allied races, just add some arbitrary lockout to when the allied races are available for loot like when DH's had to be 24+ hours old to qualify for event loot.
I feel like you’re just trying to give T&E content to talk about at this point.
it was expected with the allied races people would be creating, queue, delete.

it's just another case of blizzard still trying to keep certain things "rare".
02/02/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Kegstand
02/02/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Ornyx
We also wanted to avoid a situation where a player with an army of low-level characters had a better chance at receiving account-wide rewards than a player with one or two max-level characters.
Appreciate the clarification, but why bother allowing lower levels to queue for it then when they don't have a chance at the mount?

For fun maybe? We do play a game - We generally are supposed to play it because it's fun, not necessarily for rewards.
Can you make the Love Rocket drop chance more in line with the other holiday mounts? a 1/3333 chance is abysmal compared to brewfest/halloween.
This is especially hilarious considering you lauded "OH HEY EVEN LVL 20s CAN DO IT!" last year.

Whatever.
02/02/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Xyona
it was expected with the allied races people would be creating, queue, delete.

it's just another case of blizzard still trying to keep certain things "rare".

Good point, even better reason for them to not allow it due to that.
02/02/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Brogharn
For fun maybe? We do play a game - We generally are supposed to play it because it's fun, not necessarily for rewards.
The fun part of that event is the "grab bag" box at the end at least for me. So while I respect your opinion, different people have different definitions of fun in regards to these events.

02/02/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Glaivedancer
Good point, even better reason for them to not allow it due to that.
They should've slapped some arbitrary "character needs to be x hours/days old" for the event just like when dh's had to be 24+ hours old to be eligible for events.
Ok we understand that a mount with 0.5% (like the halloween mount) is fair to drop in high levels, but the big love rocket is the lowest rate mount in the game (0.03% according to wowhead), maybe the same rate of the sha of anger mount... only farmable 15 days in a year... Would be fair to let players farm this mount with low lvl characters.... even with 50 alts players probably would not get the mount, but at least we could try....

Anyway thanks for the clarification!
Makes sense.

The ability to make a level 20 Allied Race, queue up, then delete the toon and restart the process is easily abused. Since Allied Races are practically in the game and free to do what they want from their creation, no starting quests.
I’ve been curious if the droprates for any of the holiday mounts or cosmetic rewards have been adjusted as we have obtained larger stables of high level toons.

It’s probably not a popular opinion, but I kinda wish these types of rewards got the Blingtron treatment and became 1 time per day per account with an adjusted drop rate. It’s really not great gameplay to grind 10+ holiday bosses each day to break the rng system.
Time to bring the drop rate in line with other rare mounts then.
02/02/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Grindelwald
I’ve been curious if the droprates for any of the holiday mounts or cosmetic rewards have been adjusted as we have obtained larger stables of high level toons.

It’s probably not a popular opinion, but I kinda wish these types of rewards got the Blingtron treatment and became 1 time per day per account with an adjusted drop rate. It’s really not great gameplay to grind 10+ holiday bosses each day to break the rng system.

Problem with that is people like me and other have been farming for this for what 9 years or so and still DO NOT have it even with multiple alts. If anything they should really just increase the drop rate to that of the headless horse man mount because .5 is at least alot better than .03. Like nearly 17 times better. Its not like a gimme gimme increase but at the same time making it that low of a chance and only available for a limited amount days per year to get it sucks. Like someone said it has the same drop rate as sha's mount but at least as long as they are level 90 and do it once a week they can get 52 chances a year instead of only 14.
Good change blizzard.

Make players WORK for this mount. Can’t believe they expect things on a SILVER PLATTER. Super entitled lot.

The mount should be for higher level players. Newer players need to focus on leveling.
If I follow the logic of a lot of other posters in other threads right now, this is where I'd say: "HA! I earned my Love Rocket before this announcement was made! I worked super hard for this and none of you should have it unless you had over 700 attempts! Stop being lazy! It was your choice not to level an army of alts to get more daily attempts! This event has been out for a LONG time so you have no excuse not to prepare for it! Paying your subscription doesn't entitle you to getting a mount that I poured blood, sweat, and tears into EARNING!"

BUT, oh wait, since I'm a human being, I'll actually say:

"I'm sorry that some of you sank a lot of time into preparing for more chances at one of the rarest mounts in the game. I know it must be disheartening and frustrating to have your efforts basically dismissed for an arbitrary reason. I hope that you get the mount that you've likely been farming for years. I also hope that Blizzard adds this mount and other Holiday mounts to the Black Market Auction House. Best of luck! I hope to see a fleet of Love Rockets patrolling Dalaran in the very near future."
02/02/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Vjaera
Time to bring the drop rate in line with other rare mounts then.

Uh, no? Some mounts are more rare then others. Not every one has to be 1% drop rate. On the same token, they all don't have to be earned through pvp, or dungeons, or raids. Some require achievements, some professions. The only reason you want that is because you want it to be easier to get for yourself. Well, news flash but the game doesn't revolve around you. Some mounts will continue to be more rare than others, and that's how it will always be.
02/02/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Empyreal
I'm a human being

those are quite rare on the internet.

since internet is for alter-egos and people dark sides.
Blizzard.... Why couldn't you have told us months ago when you decided to create that new green box so people didn't waste their time leveling lower levels and spent that time getting characters to 98 instead? Lots of collectors spend their free WoW time trying to prepare for this grind and you know this.

As a very loyal customer and a mount collector I am extremely disappointed in your communication. Things like this make me wonder why I am giving you so much money every month for my accounts.

So on top of that, basically all of the dedicated collectors that put in hours and hours leveling toons for the lower level requirement last year are screwed and Blizzard doesn't give a monkeys how unfair it is now that people got it last year with non-max toons. Lucky for them eh.

As someone said above it wouldn't matter so much if the drop rate wasn't the most absurd in the game. To put into perspective you would need 5 full accounts of toons spamming the dungeon every day to even reach the average 3333 tries needed to see one drop and that doesn't take into consideration any worse than average RNG. A complete and utter joke.

Also how can we trust that these newest requirements will stay for good now if you keep sneakily and silently changing them? Next year i'll spend multiple hours getting every toon to 108 or whatever the minimum it is for BfA content and then suddenly the event will roll around and it will be 120 only.