Clarifications on Holiday Loot

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
02/05/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Zelphix
When you say 'we made it harder for you to get this, that is all' you are not compromising, a compromise by its very definition requires something to give on both ends. This is the literal opposite of a compromise.
Yup, pretty much an ultimatum, just like pathfinder in WoD.
Any plan to fix the abysmal instance per hour limit? Or at the very least, DISPLAY IT ON LFD? I am having to guess and drop groups repeatedly, which negatively impacts other players.
02/02/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Xyona
it was expected with the allied races people would be creating, queue, delete.

it's just another case of blizzard still trying to keep certain things "rare".

Seriously, WHY DOES IT MATTER how many people have the stupid mount!?

Billy Joe getting the love rocket won't devalue your love rocket and if it does, the problem is with your expectations, not the mount or the ease of its acquisition.

Use the mount you enjoy the most, not the rarest mount you have.
sweet! more RNG
02/07/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Glïndä
sweet! more RNG

I know right. Forget about making content engaging and fun. Forget about adding more over the life of an expansion to keep us interested.

Nope lets just add RnG to everything and call it a day.
02/05/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Zelphix
02/02/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Ornyx
As a compromise, we made account-wide rewards a random drop for any character capable of participating in current-expansion content. For the remainder of Legion, players level 98 and above fit that criteria. The minimum level requirement will increase again in Battle for Azeroth, and will continue to increase in future expansions.

That's not a compromise... you do realize that right? A compromise would be you saying 'and we brought the drop rate to something reasonable' rather than... 1 in 7777 I believe?

When you say 'we made it harder for you to get this, that is all' you are not compromising, a compromise by its very definition requires something to give on both ends. This is the literal opposite of a compromise.

With ten max levels, 14 days of the event you have 140 chances per year if you do it every single day on every single character- factoring in queue times of about 10 min and 5 min of doing it, switching chars, etc... that's about 2 1/2 hours per day, or 35 hours per year dedicated to this, the equivilant of a week of full time work.

That's over 50 years, and about 1500 hours to reach that point (and as we all know, even doing it 7777 times its not guaranteed anyway).

People, think about that when you consider trying to get this mount.

Blizz, you too- 50 years and most players don't even have that many max level characters or are going to put that much time into a single item.

Consider some actual compromise here on the drop rate, that's just absurd.

Blizz doesn't care. Blue posters are basically just like your average forum troll. Make a post that incenses the playerbase and then completely ignore it after the fact because you as a player can't do anything about it.
02/07/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Teranoid
Blizz doesn't care.

Just like I said in another post. As long as they have our money they will never care. The only thing that will get their attention is another mass exodus of players.
02/02/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Brogharn
02/02/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Kegstand
... Appreciate the clarification, but why bother allowing lower levels to queue for it then when they don't have a chance at the mount?

For fun maybe? We do play a game - We generally are supposed to play it because it's fun, not necessarily for rewards.

And do you realize that getting rewards is fun to most people?
02/07/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Nobody
I went to a dealer to pick up a Lamborghini Aventador. The dealer stated that it was gated behind 450k. Really? Why should I have to work for something. I thought this was 2018 and we got consolation prizes. I'm calling Obama.

I went to the store to buy a game. The shelf said it was gated by how much WoW cost in 2006. I gladly paid the price and took my game home.

See I can tell stories too.
For the love is in the air event on the main launcher page it shows 2 characters in a gondola, the one character looks like its in a light blue variation of the night hold hunter tier. Does anyone know where this would be acquired at?
02/02/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Voidmalign
Blizzard.... Why couldn't you have told us months ago when you decided to create that new green box so people didn't waste their time leveling lower levels and spent that time getting characters to 98 instead? Lots of collectors spend their free WoW time trying to prepare for this grind and you know this.

As a very loyal customer and a mount collector I am extremely disappointed in your communication. Things like this make me wonder why I am giving you so much money every month for my accounts.

The same thing happened with the Hallow's End mount, how could you have not possibly expect the same thing to happen to ALL holiday dungeon events? That was October, you had plenty of time to level more toons.

I don't think anyone in this game isn't a mount collector and i guarantee you aren't the only loyal customer nor are you the only customer with multiple accounts. You are not entitled to this mount or any other holiday mount any more than anyone else because of any of these reasons you state.
02/08/2018 06:38 AMPosted by Trìnïty
02/02/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Voidmalign
Blizzard.... Why couldn't you have told us months ago when you decided to create that new green box so people didn't waste their time leveling lower levels and spent that time getting characters to 98 instead? Lots of collectors spend their free WoW time trying to prepare for this grind and you know this.

As a very loyal customer and a mount collector I am extremely disappointed in your communication. Things like this make me wonder why I am giving you so much money every month for my accounts.

The same thing happened with the Hallow's End mount, how could you have not possibly expect the same thing to happen to ALL holiday dungeon events? That was October, you had plenty of time to level more toons.

I don't think anyone in this game isn't a mount collector and i guarantee you aren't the only loyal customer nor are you the only customer with multiple accounts. You are not entitled to this mount or any other holiday mount any more than anyone else because of any of these reasons you state.

Love is in the Air 2017 had already established lowbies being able to get the mount, Hallows didn't even have 1 event where they let lowbies get it did they? Plus the drop rates on those mounts are vastly different. It would have made perfect sense to keep the lowbie bonus on the Love event and not have it for Hallows or other 1 in 100/200 drop rates.

Sorry but there is no excuse at all for not sending out a forum post or a simple tweet letting us know for sure that it was revoked when they had known for a long time. It would have taken a few minutes out of their day and enabled players to spend their time doing the right thing for this year - getting more 98+ toons.

Also I don't know why you have such an unpleasant attitude towards me, I was letting Blizzard know why this change negatively affected me personally, I never said that I was more entitled to anything over other people at all.

I keep my accounts going for more chances at the insane drop rate mounts, so if they are going to change rules at whim why should I bother? Like I said, with the way they are going i'll spend all year getting every toon I can to BFA entry level now and then just as the event is starting next time they will put out a post saying "change of plan, 120 only!" nah, they can keep that.

We all deserve to be kept informed, simple as that.
02/08/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Voidmalign
Also I don't know why you have such an unpleasant attitude towards me, I was letting Blizzard know why this change negatively affected me personally, I never said that I was more entitled to anything over other people at all.

You are hurting their precious egos. If the drop rate is increased even slightly. That would give someone else a better chance to have something they do and they can't have that.

I mean how do expect these poor souls to cope with seeing you the unworthy, unwashed and clearly unfaithful to their chosen. Riding around on such a prestigious mount.

I have rare mounts. They could change the drop rates of those mounts to 100% today and I wouldn't care one bit. Others having something I do in no way dilutes the item for me. It's just a game.
02/08/2018 06:38 AMPosted by Trìnïty

Love is in the Air 2017 had already established lowbies being able to get the mount, Hallows didn't even have 1 event where they let lowbies get it did they? Plus the drop rates on those mounts are vastly different. It would have made perfect sense to keep the lowbie bonus on the Love event and not have it for Hallows or other 1 in 100/200 drop rates.

Sorry but there is no excuse at all for not sending out a forum post or a simple tweet letting us know for sure that it was revoked when they had known for a long time. It would have taken a few minutes out of their day and enabled players to spend their time doing the right thing for this year - getting more 98+ toons.

I keep my accounts going for more chances at the insane drop rate mounts, so if they are going to change rules at whim why should I bother? Like I said, with the way they are going i'll spend all year getting every toon I can to BFA entry level now and then just as the event is starting next time they will put out a post saying "change of plan, 120 only!" nah, they can keep that.

Voidmalign 2020

You're talking to the same people who have come on these forums a dozen times over the last 5 years and make a bunch of hollow statements about how they "regret communication not being more prevalent" and all that BS and how they're "working on having more open communication with the community" and even when they do we get this patronizing crap from some smug goof with a goat avatar treating us like we're gullible 7 years olds that are just gonna go "oh okay well what are ya gonna do right?"

Same you know what. Different day.
Who is making these bad decisions?

First the absurd rep grind for the Alliance allied races, and now this.
Well this means I only need to spend a small amount of time in WoW trying for the mount. I don't have many characters 98 and above. The title of this thread should be a LOT clearer, as the topic is the level gating of the mount drops to 98 and above. Many players will be trying for the mount the rest of this festival on 97 and below characters, not knowing there is absolutely no chance of the mount for them.
feels kinda bad that my leveling alts cant contribute to trying to get the mount =/

if people want to spend their days making DKs ove rand over again to try for it thats their choice.

my level 42 priest would like a shot at the mount =/