Easy leveling 62-80

General Discussion
02/12/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Joynal
02/12/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Torhilde
For those who hate the leveling slog there is a strategy that is far from entertaining but certainly fast for getting through levels 62-80. All you will need is a max level guild mate and any of the guild banners.

Simply head over to violet hold in the Northrend version of Dalaran, drop the banner anywhere inside, clear the instance and repeat. The banner lasts the entire dungeon, because you dont move anywhere the bonus xp is applied to every boss and the CD should reset just as you run out to reset the instance. In my experience you should get a bit more than half a level each clear.

For the record, I think it pretty sad that leveling is in a state where power leveling through dungeons is vastly more effective than actually playing the game.

Playing the game is vastly more effective because that's actually fun. When you're having fun, you stop worrying about how fast things are getting done.

Your choice to power level even though you admit you don't enjoy it.

i think the fact that there are people who prefer to powerlevel proves that they aren't finding the leveling experience fun.

its nice, the first few times, but once you know the zones back to back, the quests, the areas, it becomes tedious.

when your goal is to get into end game content the level process is just a hurdle in the way.

nothing in the leveling experience will matter, for the most part your lacking utilities/abilities/talent/artifacts that will change heavily how you play the character. you dont get much of a chance to learn the finer points of your class until end game, at least now you can learn the synergies between skills.

ive been leveling a Velf warrior through dungeons with friends, ive always enjoyed playing my prot warrior, but its frustratingly slow and the rotation feels bad. all because i dont have access to the later tier of talents. or abilities i wont get till later levels.

it wasn't as much an issue in the past as the levels went by quickly enough. but when i look at my spellbook and see that i'm still 20 levels off skills that im still hitting out of reflex it just reminds me of how much more i gotta get through and how much i dislike my class leveling.

i felt the same feeling about a rogue i recently capped, but i've never had a capped rogue, once hitting 110 i realized i enjoyed it alot more than i did leveling.

I, and i imagine others, just want to get to the end game so we can properly enjoy and learn our characters.

addition:
people just want the option to level quickly if they choose, if they don't want to do the questing experience. people who want to enjoy the slow pace of leveling are welcome to. both sides of this argument can be happy, without affecting the other.
I literally can’t wrap my mind around the people that get upset now about people not leveling doing quest like what in the hell, it throws you into rage because someone isn’t questing like you. How about we all play the game how we want and you mind your own business.

The game doesn’t really start till 110 and you have plenty of quest to do at end game. Some people enjoy crafting, raiding and pvp and do quest on the side you people act like the only thing to do is grind boring quest over and over
02/12/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Alerios
I literally can’t wrap my mind around the people that get upset now about people not leveling doing quest like what in the hell, it throws you into rage because someone isn’t questing like you. How about we all play the game how we want and you mind your own business.

The game doesn’t really start till 110 and you have plenty of quest to do at end game. Some people enjoy crafting, raiding and pvp and do quest on the side you people act like the only thing to do is grind boring quest over and over
There seems to be no end of people who cant stand people not liking what they dont like.
I think the issues are a combination of loom nerf, harder questing, making powerleveling more attractive. There are places where the challenge feels about right but I can remember things as they once were also. The old questing was easy to the point it now has been overtuned.
02/12/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Daenie
Stockades 20-58 then (2min? runs)
Ramps 58-80 then (2-3min?)
Stone core 80-90 then
Slag mines 90-100. (9min)
Imo ramps to 83 then Stormstout till 90. Going to 83 seems like a bad idea, however you'll still be getting a level every 2 runs.
Crap. I suppose I should have made some friends in the last 13 years.
02/12/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Reimmi
can they just let old world scale to 80 and avoid this problem entirely?
bc and wrath zones are so out dated.

how will that fix the problem - that would make things worse imo.
Problems are normal dungeons and questing gear, plus heirlooms were nerfed. Mobs also seem to be eating beefaroni this patch, especially draenor rares. People reported these issues before they went live. A broader band would be worse.
Just in case anyone was curious, Ramps is by far the best from 58-86. 4mil+ XP/hr is easy. Problem is, each run takes about 2 minutes. So you get locked out super quick.
"Playing the game is actually fun!"

If you like it taking 40 hours to hit 110. I sure as hell don't. Zone questing is quite literally the only viable solo leveling method right now. Dungeon boosting works, but that requires getting a buddy to help you for a few hours, and that's gotta be boring for them.

RAF is dead. Dungeon chaining is dead. Heirlooms have garbage stats, so the things you bought specifically to level faster don't let you actually level faster. Oh sure, you still get the extra XP, but you're going to take just as long as everyone else to kill things. If you level a Monk, heirlooms are literally worthless to a point, depending on how often you can play.

Blizzard loves killing fun. They love taking away options. As long as their metrics are in the positive, they don't care about the fact that they've split the player base and made both sides hyper toxic to the other. The game already had a bad rep for that, but now? I feel bad for new players. It's got to take forever to get to 110.
02/12/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Alerios
The game doesn’t really start till 110 and you have plenty of quest to do at end game.

For me it's the opposite. I don't do much (if any) level 110 content. I don't raid. I don't pvp.

According to a Blizzard dev in a 2016 interview, less than half of WoW players do raiding, and less than half do pvp.

So there may be a lot of players like you ("the game starts at 110") but there are also lots of players like me.
"Blizzard loves killing fun." I don't agree.

"They love taking away options." I do agree.

Blizzard loves removing exploits from the game -- things that were never designed to be part of the game, but players figured out they could "get away with". If those are the only things that you call "fun", then your first comment makes sense.

But if that is true, then you really chose the wrong game. If the Blizzard devs and you have opposite views of how the game should work, you're in the wrong game.
02/12/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Invisscerate
02/12/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Terthory
Can't wait for Blizzard to "fix" dungeon powerleveling before they actually fix doing it with five players of a level the dungeon is intended for.

They won't. So keep dreaming
It's something that benefits players, so it's guaranteed to be "fixed". Surprised it hasn't already been...
02/13/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Tchalla
"Blizzard loves killing fun." I don't agree.

"They love taking away options." I do agree.

Blizzard loves removing exploits from the game -- things that were never designed to be part of the game, but players figured out they could "get away with". If those are the only things that you call "fun", then your first comment makes sense.

But if that is true, then you really chose the wrong game. If the Blizzard devs and you have opposite views of how the game should work, you're in the wrong game.

Instance running to level and stats on heirlooms are not and never were exploits.

As for the other part of your reply, for God’s sakes grow up.
I’d rather level exclusively through herbing in starter zones than spend any amount of time in The Violet Hold, ever.
02/13/2018 02:18 AMPosted by Arvois
I’d rather level exclusively through herbing in starter zones than spend any amount of time in The Violet Hold, ever.
For me its just easy to power level through a dungeon like that with my wife while we tune out and watch netflix.
02/12/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Torhilde
02/12/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Warglaive

Too much downtime between fights in there.
I would agree but the bonus XP from the banner makes it worth it.

Not if you're only getting 1/2 a level. Lots give 1/2 a level with no banner.
02/13/2018 04:34 AMPosted by Warglaive
02/12/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Torhilde
... I would agree but the bonus XP from the banner makes it worth it.

Not if you're only getting 1/2 a level. Lots give 1/2 a level with no banner.

What dungeons give half a level from 62-80 without a banner? please tell me, im 61 and i hate leveling.
02/12/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Scruit
i think the fact that there are people who prefer to powerlevel proves that they aren't finding the leveling experience fun.

This 100%. ^

Blizz didn't add a thing to make the experience anymore entertaining. All they did was lower xp gain and add the amount of xp needed for levels. The health and difficulty of the level scaling mobs seems to vary a lot as well in certain brackets.
So when you hit 90, what's your /played time - that's the most important item in this thread!

Don't forget to count your time as double, your friend is also wasting time to level you.