“You have been removed from the group.”

General Discussion
We're awash in players who want to blame others others for their mistakes during a time when many are having a more difficult time in instances. Sorry they got you, OP. Tank should have waited (or asked) for a wipe before returning.
02/12/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Kyna
Healers get treated like poop. They're usually the one most people blame, especially crappy tanks.

It happens and I've learned to just brush it off.

Agreed.
02/12/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Tinkerrelly
If there's one thing exposed by the level scaling, it's how incredibly terrible some people are at tanking.

It exposes bad dps pretty hard too.

Bad dps can up to double your run time in lower dungeons now.
02/12/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Kyna
Healers get treated like poop. They're usually the one most people blame, especially crappy tanks.

This is why I'm wary of people who say "git gud". Healers do not have a button on their bar that makes tanks and DPS get good.
I have misclicked,pulled and wiped us as dps, I have pet pulled, I have forgotten my pet won't jump down, I have aoe'ed mobs through walls, I have been 1 shot due to standing in bad, not known boss fights. blah, blah. None of those have ever got me kicked as tank or dps.

On the other hand i have been kicked as heals about 5 times and far as I was concerned not a single one was my fault, stuff like I bressed him, then 5 seconds later the boss went to charge me and thats when he accepted the bres. Except he died in the first place because the boss charged him and he did not move...
Just think of it this way: you probably just got saved 30 minutes of wiping repeatedly, group members leaving, and waiting for replacements.
Oh, actually I have another one too.

While leveling my first healer (holy Paladin). I had an idea of what I was doing, we were around level ~30 at the time (can't remember the exact number). Back when Scarlet Monastery Cathedral was still its own instance. Normally inside the Cathedral tanks would aggro a pack of mobs and then LoS them behind the door outside so they were easier to handle.

For some reason, our tank decided to listen to the rogue in the group saying to gather them all. Needless to say we wiped; there was no way I could outheal an entire half of the cathedral.

By the time we run back, rogue tells the tank to do it again and "dps more". We wipe again before I have a chance to type no in the chat.

We run back again, and I tell the tank not to pull so large because I can't outheal it. The rogue just says in chat "ffs" and tells the tank to go again (again), and the tank pulls before I even have mana after popping everyone off. Shockingly, we wipe again.

Then I got removed from the group. That experience of healing actually prevented me from trying another healer for a few years afterward from how much anxiety it gave me trying to keep everyone alive.
OP, your problem is that you were wasting time in a dungeon. Go ret and quest, you'll make the exp 10x faster and your only enemy will be tedium.
I got kicked once back in Wrath because of my name...this was before I faction & named changed, this hunter was originally a troll, and then an orc...its name was Huntarded.

Never mind that I was ICC geared and typically the highest dps in any group (5man or PuG, anyway) by a large margin. Literally "removed from the group" before we even made the first pull.
02/12/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Kichwas
Zerg tanks cause "almost" as many issues as zerg DPS. I've even seen zerg healers...

But I have no patience for somebody that won't let me get the quests, get into the right spec for the role I've come on that day, and if needed get mana.

Yet I've seen pretty much similar to what you're describing.

I've also seen the 'vote to kick' screen pop up before because whoever was the zerger didn't like somebody else there that was trying to get things... and I always vote no.

Only time I vote someone out is if they have attitude or are full up 100% AFK. I'm perfectly willing to even carry a super low DPS - even if the rest of us do not outgear the content. But bad attitude... I vote them out and if that fails I drop group, even if I'm on a DPS and looking at a long wait to get back in - I don't game with jerks.

As a dps, I can safely say that I despise Zerg tanks. Newsflash tanks, we DPS can't do our job if we can't REACH the damn adds!

I was playing a Belf pally once, and got into a heroic dungeon for the first of the Frozen Halls (this was in MOP so it was rare). I try to talk to the guys there, say hey, and all that. No one says anything to me all dungeon, and once the big floating face guy is dead, I assume we're going to the next one, but instead I get kicked for no reason at all.
Play dps
Don’t talk in lfg
Keep your head down and don’t make eye contact
These are the stories that deter me from trying out healing, in any spec. It's so frustrating when stuff like this happens. I'm sorry, OP. Running dungeons, and raids, should be a two way street of understanding and perspective.
The best part of this, is the OP hasn't even gotten to the crappy part yet.

Come MoP/Cata dungeons you'll be struggling to keep the tank alive during single pack pulls. If the tank is clueless, he'll blame you 100% of the time.
02/12/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Alluriah
I recently unlocked Lightforged Draenei, and decided to level a Holy Paladin - which I main on Horde side, run Mythic+ and raid heroic with. Gotten AoTC the last four raid tiers. Sufficed to say I’m not a newbie HPally.

Anyway, I queue up into a Stratholm run. I loaded in a few seconds later than everyone else and didn’t even have a chance to grab all the quests because the warrior tank was already pulling. So I rush forward to throw my beacon on him, but before I can get a full flash of light off, he’s already out of my range.

Bare in mind the adds are elites. And he’s pulling multiple groups of 5+ each. Needless to say he dies. I pop my bubble and start spamming to keep the dps alive, but it’s obviously a lost cause. We die just as the tank shows up and starts tanking them. We respawn and run back. I barely have a chance to get my beacon on the tank before he dies. He runs back again and pulls more on the way over. I’m trying to type to him to just let us wipe so we can start over. I literally only have a few spells and can’t get them off fast enough to keep him up and he dies again.

A second later and the loading screen.

“You have been removed from the group.”
Huh?

I just sat there for a minute kinda stunned how fast everything had happened and that it was somehow my fault enough to get most of the group to vote kick me. Worst part is I got slapped with a 30 minute deserter penalty.

Kinda laughing about how absurd it was now. Anyone else have a similar experience in WoW where everything just went to Helheim so fast you were left dumbfounded?

I've developed a sort of "healers intuition" in this game which for me has carried over to other roles. If I see people beginning to act up, like a tank trying to look all pro on my dime, DPS acting like nuts etc., I will drop group in a NY minute.

Let someone zone in and shoot off like a rocket, start taking massive burst like they're getting hit by a raid boss and expect me to chase after them>> well later, gator.
02/12/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Healarious
Just think of it this way: you probably just got saved 30 minutes of wiping repeatedly, group members leaving, and waiting for replacements.

This.
02/12/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Aritria
These are the stories that deter me from trying out healing, in any spec. It's so frustrating when stuff like this happens. I'm sorry, OP. Running dungeons, and raids, should be a two way street of understanding and perspective.

It was a rough one for sure, but they happen once and awhile. You just have to recognize you aren’t the issue and laugh it off.

After my deserting timer expired, I jumped in a Black Rock with a group that had a Blood DK that looked like she had just finished the starter zone. She made smart pulls, knew how to mitigate damage, everyone pulled their weight and while we spent half the instance lost, it was a fun run.
02/12/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Aritria

Healing is pretty fun, actually! But I strongly suggest that you learn to heal at max level with all your talents available and a couple friends as test dummies.

You won't learn anything participating in leveling dungeons beyond panic and it will turn you off healing altogether.
02/12/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Stroganoff
The best part of this, is the OP hasn't even gotten to the crappy part yet.

Come MoP/Cata dungeons you'll be struggling to keep the tank alive during single pack pulls. If the tank is clueless, he'll blame you 100% of the time.

Yeah I’ll probably just quest through those levels lol. For the most part I skipped Cata and Mysts, so it might be fun to see all the zones at level.
I got kicked the other night doing Crown Chemical Co.

It was really late, I should have been in bed and I was trying to keep my eyes open.

I get on my Horde DH, the last of my toons to run through. I close my eyes a bit while I wait for the queue to pop and startle me back awake.

Queue pops, but somebody doesn't push their button right away, so I close my eyes again and wait for the sound that you are being loaded.

Well for whatever reason it didn't go off, so when we loaded into SFK I stood on the stairs. But the sounds of combat caused me to open my eyes and realize that the encounter was in progress.

So I glide down the stairs, fel jump to the mobs and start wailing on them. Last guy is at 50% and 'you have been removed from group' and I'm standing in Orgrimmar again.

Literally it was all uber geared DPS and they murdered the three guys in about 15 seconds flat. But hey, gotta kick that guy on the stairs.

I've done Crown Chemical Co. over 1000 times the last three years and I've never seen anyone get kicked ever. But apparently my 101 vengeance demon hunter on Horde was holding these heroic raiders back from completing the encounter.
Use to happen to me. I loved playing a healer, now I gave it up entirely and probably will not go back again.