Not everyone watches Blizzcon.

General Discussion
If I get exalted, fine. If I don't, fine. I don't care too much. I mean a little bit I guess, but not enough to do anything other than write this post.

Sometimes I don't even use my computer for months at a time. I can get emails on my smart phone.

Meanwhile, people who have been playing for the last year accidentally stumbled to exalted doing emissary quests only. No real effort, just kind of happened a while back.

All I know is that one of the things that would keep me subbing is the ability to level the new races.

I can't for now.

I'll keep playing until I stop having fun, like I always do.

It probably will only cost blizzard a couple months of subs from me anyways.

Who cares.

/dance
You know..i was at blizzcon and i don't remember them saying the exalted requirement was going to be there. I vaguely remember them saying SOME rep MIGHT be required, but that's about it.

I really at this point don't care too much one way or another anymore, but I don't know where people are getting this.

Meanwhile, people who have been playing for the last year accidentally stumbled to exalted doing emissary quests only. No real effort, just kind of happened a while back.

What exactly are you really trying to say with this? Accidentally? No, I earned my rep. I wanted to get to Exalted. I put in my effort and time into them. Don't diminish my time spent because you fell behind.
People on these forums don’t understand that WoW players have DIFFERENT play styles.

Some play 12 hours a day. Others don’t log on for 6 months. Both are valuable.
Either way, the point is that the vast majority of these people advocating for the rep requirement are people who already have it.

If they didn't have it, I would be willing to bet they would not like it.

They might say they would, but that's the easy answer. They really wouldn't.
I remember the announcement. I did not watch Blizzcon. Instead I went and looked for the highlights and researched what I was buying before I put in my card info.
Edit: I don't have all the rep requirements even after that because I didn't care enough until recently, so I've been going out and getting them. Weird.
Okay, if you don't watch Blizzcon, read the content before purchase.

Or play the game and get them by default.

Either/or.
Yeah but anyone can use google

no excuse for not doing your homework
02/05/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Menard
People on these forums don’t understand that WoW players have DIFFERENT play styles.

if you don't log on for 6 months then you deserve to fall behind.
I have the requirements and I think it very shady. It is a way to bait returning players.

Not a good business practice IMO. This is something Smedley of Sony Online would put together once a upon a time...
02/05/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Azivalla

What exactly are you really trying to say with this? Accidentally? No, I earned my rep. I wanted to get to Exalted. I put in my effort and time into them. Don't diminish my time spent because you fell behind.

Grats. My point is if you have not stopped playing you didn't have to "earn" it. If you only did emissary and the quest-line you would still have it by now.

And I didn't "fall behind" per ser, I stopped playing on purpose because I was bored.

I'll get bored again soon probably.

My point was I would be less bored with new races.

It's a video game not a job, so I don't really care all that much. I'll be back when the new content is out.
02/05/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Deathchix

You don't "deserve", you just will.

Again, who cares? Why do you care when I receive my new races, how does it affect you?

Oh that's right, it doesn't. You just want to be special.
I saw it on the forums here in GD.

Apparently you spend time here also either on your computer or your phone.

I've got no idea what you are trying to say.
<span class="truncated">...</span>if you don't log on for 6 months then you deserve to fall behind.

Again, who cares? Why do you care when I receive my new races, how does it affect you?

because coming in late doesn't mean everything should be handed to you.

i'm not special, i just put in the time and effort like everyone else.
02/05/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Grizzledump

Why make a thread if you're going to get butthurt from people responding to your flawed logic?

You're way too defensive to carry out any time of conversation.

I mean, the real question is whether one is more valuable than the other. If both are subbed for the same time, then they are equal. But if one is subbed for 6 months, and the other is subbed for 1 month (and takes a 5 month break). Then I'd say one is inherently more valuable to blizzard than the other.

Which would you build content for?

As for the whole rep thing, I don't really care. I have the rep, but wouldn't care if they simply unlocked by playing through the story lines of Argus. I'm 100% sure people would STILL complain about being FORCED to do completely optional content for their completely optional rewards. Having said this, I'm not really surprised by the rep requirement. There have been rep requirements for various cosmetic and power rewards throughout the entirety of WoW.
02/05/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Deathchix

Well if Blizzard wants to take that approach it’s going to chase off half their customers. But it’s ok. As long as those who have nothing better to do but grind world quests every day for years get their vindication, then that’s fine.
it takes weeks, not years. and for 20 minutes a day.

stop being drama queens. you don't need to live in wow to get it.
I'm also a returning player of about 3 weeks ago, and had no idea about the exalted rep situation until I went to press that shiny pre-order button.

I noticed the disclaimer about rep requirments. Can you guess what happened next?

I googled it, found my answer and purchased the pre-order anyway, because I plan to play the game and reap them rewards.