Demonology in BFA discussion, listen to us

General Discussion
Like many people I am irritated with the state of Demonology. As always its the least favorite choice for most warlock players due to the work you have to put in and damage output. Not to mention we lost meta >_<
So im here just to brain storm on how to make Demo a better and more fun spec to play.
I was recently thinking about shadow priests play style and it hit me. Wouldnt it be nice to have a similar aspect for Demonology relating to the building up of power to enter void form but instead of void form we get meta back? Say we have to summon demons to increase the warlocks 'Demonic Energy' which will then turn the warlock itself into a Demon aka Metamorphosis to which we get a more mobile and powerful set of moves and upon exit back to Demonic summons? This would be combining both new Demo and pre legion Demo aspect and i would love to see this happen. What are your thoughts?
sorry, can't hear you over the noise of demonic empowerment spam.
Where are my cookies??
02/10/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Deathchix

They really should have made that a passive.
I don't even care what they do, just remove demonic empowerment, for the love of god blizzard it's not fun.

It would be more fun as a passive proc.
02/10/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Wariya
Where are my cookies??

The Gnome cookie guy took the weekend off. Best I can do is drop a Soul Well with Lock Cookies. Up to you what you do with it.

*places Soul Well and some chilled tea with fixins for thread*
02/10/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Deathchix

SCHWINK SCHWINK SCHWINK
In all honesty though, DE wasn't that bad before it became our filler with Ascension, they could honestly just replace that trait with something else, bale doombolt into the spec, and replace the doombolt talent with with something that is competitive with Soup conduit for ST, or a talent to allow demonwrath to be active passively while demons are empowered, for better sustained aoe.

Something like that would pretty much fix the spec.

Although I play it anyway, as odd as the rotation is, and unforgiving it can be.
02/10/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Revlol
In all honesty though, DE wasn't that bad before it became our filler with Ascension, they could honestly just replace that trait with something else, bale doombolt into the spec, and replace the doombolt talent with with something that is competitive with Soup conduit for ST, or a talent to allow demonwrath to be active passively while demons are empowered, for better sustained aoe.

Something like that would pretty much fix the spec.

Although I play it anyway, as odd as the rotation is, and unforgiving it can be.

Same. I can't play anything but Demonology. It's all I've played since BC.
I'm really interested to see where Blizz takes demo from here. I like the general idea of this swarmer pet class, but it kinda has fallen flat so far.

Old demo might be a place to look for inspiration, but there is absolutely no way locks will ever again have an ability named metamorphosis that turns them into a shadowy version of illidan.

Even if the mechanic comes back, it's going to have a different name and different visuals.

Rather than transforming into a demon, maybe demo locks could have a move where they hop on the shoulders of some large demon and issue commands to it more directly.
Instead of meta, make it sacrifice a demon of your choosing and obtain a play style depending on what is sacrificed.

Play styles should be defined by talents chosen, like if I want to be a summoner I summon lost of demons, I want to damage more than my demons I sacrifice them to empower me.
Meta lock was one of the worst things to ever happen to Demonology... it should NEVER be returned... I for one am glad it's gone...

That said, however... Demonic Empowerment is THE WORST thing to have ever happened to Demonology... When I made this warlock I made her as Demonology... I leveled through every expansion on her as Demonology... suffered through Meta Lock, hated it... but despite finally being rid of that skill, the new playstyle of Demonology in Legion due to Demonic Empowerment actually forced me to switch specs...

What should happen for Demonology isn't the return of Meta but instead the following.

1) Return Wild Imps passive - Impology while bland was a good building block to capture the feeling of a master of demons. Having a growing horde of imps following you around was great.

2) Turn Demonic Empowerment into a Passive - Either a small persistent passive effect or a proc at the same strength or stronger than current.

3) Reduce cast times on temporary demons &/or increase their durations - The long cast times and short durations create a very clunky play style. Our damage is directly connected to how many demons we have out at once, as a result, we have to juggle demon summons and our damage dealing abilities to maximize our uptime for all our demons to get the most out of our damaging abilities. The temporary demons should either have their durations doubled or their cast times greatly reduced.

4) Replace Shadowbolt with Demonbolt baseline - Shadowbolt is better suited to Affliction warlocks anyways... and Demonbolt is so integral to Demonology it should just be baseline at this point.
i'd like to know how we went from demonology is going to get a rework, to lets just rearrange our spells. give us command demon and imp swarm which says that we aren't getting a rework on our spec.
02/10/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Sanarc
i'd like to know how we went from demonology is going to get a rework, to lets just rearrange our spells. give us command demon and imp swarm which says that we aren't getting a rework on our spec.

I'm hoping those are just bandaids until they finish what they're working on.
dear god please fix it, i've been wanting to play demo but the playstyle deters me so much
02/10/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Ðåntë
I was recently thinking about shadow priests play style and it hit me. Wouldnt it be nice to have a similar aspect for Demonology relating to the building up of power to enter void form but instead of void form we get meta back?

Shadow priests actually got demo's old playstyle.
fix or remove DE and get rid of the Impmancer playstyle, give us bigger, badder pets. Pitlords and all the higher tier'd summons would be cool

Give us back Meta or Gul'dans form, several npc's in live have access to different shapeshifts while Kanrethad can go Meta (If he is able to, why can't we?) Lorewise it still makes sense if needed just change the skin but keep the concept.

Give us mobility, at least some shred of it. Nothings worse than trying to set up only to have to move through mechanics. (Also make Demonic Circle Baseline and use 2 buttons!)

Please listen to the community, the concept for a summoner is something i like, but i don't wanna be an imp commander, i wanna use the something more intimidating. From the Lore, there has been npc's who've summoned such creatures. The player has bested them in every way (See the Class hall campaign). So please! add bigger summons.
02/10/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Buffmage
I'm really interested to see where Blizz takes demo from here. I like the general idea of this swarmer pet class, but it kinda has fallen flat so far.

Old demo might be a place to look for inspiration, but there is absolutely no way locks will ever again have an ability named metamorphosis that turns them into a shadowy version of illidan.

Even if the mechanic comes back, it's going to have a different name and different visuals.

Rather than transforming into a demon, maybe demo locks could have a move where they hop on the shoulders of some large demon and issue commands to it more directly.

Supersize Daglop, and have us ride HIM for a change.
Why is the closet talking to us?