Is Drustvar the creepiest zone in WoW?

Story Forum
1 2 3 5 Next
There are so many things in this zone that are creepy. A few off the top of my head:

Abby Lewis a very..... strange little girl who has you participate in a “tea party”. Every part of that questline and it’s dialogue is very dark.

A rare elk named gorehorn who has pieces of meat attached to his horn.

Having to save Waycrests’ daughter from a witch trial (haven’t seen the end of it so don’t know how that ends actually)

The entire dungeon journal of Waycrest manor dungeon.
02/09/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Bullwinklë
A rare elk named gorehorn who has pieces of meat attached to his horn.

I saw a moose spit out blood in Highmountain... That was way creepier than an elk not cleaning it's horns after having just gored someone.
I'm loving everything I see of it. It feels like Spires of Arak, Salem, and Witcher had a baby.
Art Hughie is also very..... odd. Fishing alone in a village, blood strewn all around and poisoned fish.
I've wanted creepy for years. I didn't think a format like WoW's could really pull it off. Here's hoping I'm wrong
I’m sure videos of the questing will come up shortly but Abby Lewis (using the new child model) story is basically:

She has you collect a dead cat, some stuffed animals, a heart of a man who when you inspect him she mentions how he has a “true heart” and other things. You go back where she has a dark circle around all the items, you sit down to sip tea and she summons a monster to attack you.
A lot of the BfA zones look great so far from what I'm seeing.
02/09/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Bullwinklë
I’m sure videos of the questing will come up shortly but Abby Lewis (using the new child model) story is basically:

She has you collect a dead cat, some stuffed animals, a heart of a man who when you inspect him she mentions how he has a “true heart” and other things. You go back where she has a dark circle around all the items, you sit down to sip tea and she summons a monster to attack you.

So she’s the new Abercrombie and Stitch?

Is our character ig stupid? Yes.. lets give the lil girl a dead cat and a dead man’s heart to play dollies with
Drustvar is basically Duskwood as it was in Classic though with Kids involved in the Horror rather than being threatened by it(Kids were threatened in the Stalvan questline yet weren't terrifying themselves).

02/09/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Bullwinklë
You go back where she has a dark circle around all the items, you sit down to sip tea and she summons a monster to attack you.

Is she the kid who mentions Il'gynoth's Circle of Stars in Kul'Tiras? If so than who did we find when we "drowned ourselves" in her circle? A wicker golem or a Faceless?
Duskwood is still pretty creepy but this could edge it out.
I hope it's got something notable to it cause just glancing at it it just looks like a more piss coloured stormheim

Are there any good videos out doing the questlines?
Possibly placeholder, but flashbacks/visions of drust are using human models.
Hopefully.
That white stag there was datamining about isn't Malorne, its name is Athair. But according to the story this guy is telling it can talk, so probably a wild god nonetheless.

Edit: yeah, placeholder model, here's the drust king:
https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2018/february/ModelBug.jpg
From what we have seen of their concept art, and their ruins, the Drust seemed to have originally been very large barbaric almost Vrykul like people with a kinda Pict/Celt thing going for them
02/09/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Stalairne
I hope it's got something notable to it cause just glancing at it it just looks like a more piss coloured stormheim

Are there any good videos out doing the questlines?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xIWe8JQ3z6A Here’s a 2.5 hr video of Drustvar by Final boss. Haven’t watched it yet. I Have been following Nobbel’s Stream today and he’s doing it.

Should be noted that because there’s only 3 zones to level in per continent, it’s a massive zone. That 2.5 hours won’t be the whole zone.

Edit: skipped to the end, video gets maaaaybe 1/2 way through the zone.
I want shadow priests to have a glyph to use these witches' black-blue spell effects instead of purple.
It sounds like I'm going to love this zone. I like spooky stuff.
02/09/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Yvenathilm
I saw a moose spit out blood in Highmountain...

Wait, is that what that animation is supposed to be? I just figured it was some sorta...corrupting energy/frothing, I guess.
I pieced together what we know of the drust so far.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Drust

I'm going to be honest, I don't like how it seems the drust were giant !@#$%^-s who attacked the humans unprovoked. And that doesn't seem to just be the human story; the quest where this is talked about is in drust ruins showing visions of the past. I had hoped for a bit more of a grey area in their story over who was in the wrong.

But maybe I missed something and later that vision is shown to be wrong or mistaken.