Is Drustvar the creepiest zone in WoW?

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5
Does Drustvar getting it's power from the Emerald Nightmare add Lovecraftian Subtlety to the Zone?
11/14/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Yvenathilm
Does Drustvar getting it's power from the Emerald Nightmare add Lovecraftian Subtlety to the Zone?
Potentially. I assumed going in that the Drust and the Heartsbane were going to ultimately be revealed to be servitors of N'Zoth. I actually believed all the zone storylines would point towards a common foe in the earlier stages of BfA. The Zandalar adversaries in all three zones all work towards unleashing G'huun, House Stormsong directly serves Azshara, and Ashvane had cut a deal with Azshara in alpha.
02/09/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Niinqjing
There are so many things in this zone that are creepy. A few off the top of my head:

Abby Lewis a very..... strange little girl who has you participate in a “tea party”. Every part of that questline and it’s dialogue is very dark.

A rare elk named gorehorn who has pieces of meat attached to his horn.

Having to save Waycrests’ daughter from a witch trial (haven’t seen the end of it so don’t know how that ends actually)

The entire dungeon journal of Waycrest manor dungeon.

As a Horde visiting, I do get the impression that the places is "effed" up.
11/14/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Grandblade
11/14/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Yvenathilm
Potentially. I assumed going in that the Drust and the Heartsbane were going to ultimately be revealed to be servitors of N'Zoth. I actually believed all the zone storylines would point towards a common foe in the earlier stages of BfA. The Zandalar adversaries in all three zones all work towards unleashing G'huun, House Stormsong directly serves Azshara, and Ashvane had cut a deal with Azshara in alpha.

In Tiragarde Sound the Drustvar Witches drawing on the Nightmare and the K'thir working for N'Zoth are both causing trouble with the Witch being more overt than the other Drustvar Witches and the K'thir being more subtle than usual until they decide to abandon subtlety and summon a Kraken that is driven off by us and subsequently tamed by Lady Ashvane.

Basically Kul'Tiras represents both N'Zoth's Whispers and Yogg-Saron's Nightmare with both being present in the primary Zone! Lady Ashvane no longer is mentioned as working for Azshara despite managing to tame the Kraken her followers had summoned sometime after we chased it off in her general direction(I.E. towards Boralus).