How long does Suramar questline take?

General Discussion
I just realized I have to do an entire questline with no rewards to get flying. How long does it take if I sit down and grind it out from beginning to end? I never started it.

Stupid junkie elves... it's really making me not want to play period. From what I know, there's not even a cool reward for doing it.
Maybe ~8 hours
02/08/2018 01:31 AMPosted by Nopalev
Maybe ~8 hours

Are you serious?! It's that long? Well, thanks for telling me before I got started. Between this and the rep grind, I'm out.
It's not even 8 hours. Probably 2-3 hours tops, now that you don't have rep gates for it
02/08/2018 01:35 AMPosted by Myril
Maybe ~8 hours

Are you serious?! It's that long? Well, thanks for telling me before I got started. Between this and the rep grind, I'm out.

You're seriously not willing to spend even 8 hours of your life, give or take, even spread out with breaks, to finish the questline? Imagine the people that did the Suramar questlines BEFORE they removed the reputation requirements for certain quests, as well as the one quest a week thing for Insurrection.

8 Hours, not even if you work fast enough, is nothing compared to what a bunch of other people spent doing it.
02/08/2018 01:38 AMPosted by Nydri

You're seriously not willing to spend even 8 hours of your life, give or take, even spread out with breaks, to finish the questline? Imagine the people that did the Suramar questlines BEFORE they removed the reputation requirements for certain quests, as well as the one quest a week thing for Insurrection.

8 Hours, not even if you work fast enough, is nothing compared to what a bunch of other people spent doing it.

It may be just 8 hours to other people, and that's fine. That's their business, their time, they can do what they want. But for me, that's just too much time wasted for only one thing, flying. On top of that are the rep grinds.

Are you serious? What the... I thought the reputations were still in place, that crap took weeks. I never wanted to touch the quest line again on alts because of it.
02/08/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Myril
But for me, that's just too much time wasted

Hey, do me a favour would ya? Log in to that character, type /played, and post the result here please
Maybe ~8 hours

That's literally not that long? Doing the Suramar questline when it first came out took freaking ages

8 hours is nothing, stop complaining.
02/08/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Zeilai

Are you serious? What the... I thought the reputations were still in place, that crap took weeks. I never wanted to touch the quest line again on alts because of it.

Yeah that was what put me off from it originally. I went and finished the questlines a few days ago. Funnily enough I'm still trying to get Pathfinder. I still need revered with Wardens.

The only reason I even did Legionfall and Broken Shore was for my Paladin class mount and to get it out of the way so I can start Argus questing believe it or not, lol. I didn't even realize it was tied to part 2 of Pathfinder at all.
02/08/2018 01:36 AMPosted by Galana
It's not even 8 hours. Probably 2-3 hours tops, now that you don't have rep gates for it

It's probably more than 8 hours. Took me about 2 weeks to do it all. Including insurrection, I'd say more around 10-12 hours
02/08/2018 01:43 AMPosted by Galana
02/08/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Myril
But for me, that's just too much time wasted

Hey, do me a favour would ya? Log in to that character, type /played, and post the result here please

Those hours were doing things I enjoyed, progessing my character, doing dungeons with friends, getting gold, etc. 8 hours of doing boring quests, making minimal gold, and getting bored is 8 hours I would not enjoy. I hate the Nightfallen, I hate their story, and their zone lags on my computer.
Maybe ~8 hours

Can i have your stuff?
02/08/2018 01:48 AMPosted by Myril
8 hours of doing boring quests, making minimal gold, and getting bored is 8 hours I would not enjoy.

Did you completely miss the post where I literally said it takes 2-3 hours tops? It's nowhere near 8 hours long.

their zone lags on my computer

What kind of potato are you playing on anyway? I got a mate with a GTX650 and he says Suramar runs perfectly fine
02/08/2018 01:52 AMPosted by Galana
8 hours of doing boring quests, making minimal gold, and getting bored is 8 hours I would not enjoy.

Did you completely miss the post where I literally said it takes 2-3 hours tops? It's nowhere near 8 hours long.

their zone lags on my computer

What kind of potato are you playing on anyway? I got a mate with a GTX650 and he says Suramar runs perfectly fine

You don't need to do the 7.1 quests to get flying, unless they grandfathered me in from 7.0 -- so yeah, the initial quests without gating shouldn't take that long. Watch some netflix, chill with some peeps on a voice channel, flying is a very nice reward if you play often.
02/08/2018 01:50 AMPosted by Motors

Can i have your stuff?

Nah. If anything, I'd give it to someone on my server.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Those hours were doing things I enjoyed, progessing my character, doing dungeons with friends, getting gold, etc. 8 hours of doing boring quests, making minimal gold, and getting bored is 8 hours I would not enjoy. I hate the Nightfallen, I hate their story, and their zone lags on my computer.

So you'd rather not do a genuinely interesting questline with the rewards of Nightborne becoming available as a playable race, getting the First Arcanist's Manasaber, AND unlocking Pathfinder so you can fly around the Broken Isles with said Manasaber just because you don't want to sink roughly 8 hours of your time into doing the questlines despite already doing other things in the game on average that take even more time to do?

That is honestly just borderline lazy. Just do the questline if you want Pathfinder, even that alone is worth it. As a matter of fact if you're doing it just to get Pathfinder it doesn't even take starting the Insurrection quests. Just finish Good Suramaritan and you're good to go.
02/08/2018 01:56 AMPosted by Nydri

So you'd rather not do a genuinely interesting questline with the rewards of Nightborne becoming available as a playable race, getting the First Arcanist's Manasaber, AND unlocking Pathfinder so you can fly around the Broken Isles with said Manasaber just because you don't want to sink roughly 8 hours of your time into doing the questlines despite already doing other things in the game on average that take even more time to do?

That is honestly just borderline lazy. Just do the questline if you want Pathfinder, even that alone is worth it.

Well... no, I wouldn't get Nightborne because the character I'm doing it on is Alliance. The questline hadn't been interesting to me so far, it's just taking back a city, and some annoying side part about farming up more mana every 30 minutes so I can progress. You have a good point for the mount, but it's really nothing special, they sell a reskin in the shop.
Good Suramaritan felt long when I was grinding for flying back in October. Keep in mind I was 85 in September when I came back.

Honestly I felt like it was a decent storyline, but since I was so flying focused, it DRAAAAGED. So much that I didn't feel the need to do Insurrection.

Now I need to do Insurrection for Nightborne. Oh well. At least I can fly on all my toons!
02/08/2018 02:00 AMPosted by Myril
02/08/2018 01:56 AMPosted by Nydri

That is honestly just borderline lazy. Just do the questline if you want Pathfinder, even that alone is worth it.

Well... no, I wouldn't get Nightborne because the character I'm doing it on is Alliance. The questline hadn't been interesting to me so far, it's just taking back a city, and some annoying side part about farming up more mana every 30 minutes so I can progress. You have a good point for the mount, but it's really nothing special, they sell a reskin in the shop.

You don't have to do the questline on a Horde character to meet the unlock requirements. That's account wide. I would know, I did it on my Alliance Paladin. And then I used my 110 boost for pre-purchasing BFA on an Orc Warrior to do the quest in Orgrimmar to unlock it.

Whether or not you like the questline is your opinion, but even if you don't find it interesting that should mean you get through it quicker cause you're not paying attention to the story of it.

In regards to the mount, would you rather pay money to simply get a mount on the store or do a questline which rewards the mount at the end of it, thus making it seem like you actually earned the mount? That's literally every class order hall mount quest, except the mount reward for doing the Suramar quests is race-wide and class-wide. It is honestly one of the easiest mounts I've ever obtained too.