How long does Suramar questline take?

General Discussion
My 100 boost.
/played
Almost 25 days played, also the toon I got flying on.
I think I will have last part of Inserrection done today.
Honestly op not that long. 6-12 hours. If you're super lazy while doing suramar a week max. The hardest part is the last part tbh. It's kinda a am drain so gaining mana is the longest part
Like 8-10 hours, and it will get you past revered.

Meanwhile, the Argus questline is timegated and barely gets you into honored. Lel.
02/08/2018 01:30 AMPosted by Myril
From what I know, there's not even a cool reward for doing it.

If you do Good Suramaritan and Insurrection, you get the Arcanist's Manasaber mount, not to mention a bunch of AP over the course of the quests.

02/08/2018 02:00 AMPosted by Myril
and some annoying side part about farming up more mana every 30 minutes

I just gathered any ancient mana crystals and gems I came across while doing stuff there and only ever had to go out of my way to gather ancient mana one time when I sold them all on the AH instead.
I just realized I have to do an entire questline with no rewards to get flying. How long does it take if I sit down and grind it out from beginning to end? I never started it.

Stupid junkie elves... it's really making me not want to play period. From what I know, there's not even a cool reward for doing it.

The reward is your flying, and the quests are very interesting, and fun since they're so clandestined. You're supposed to use your disguise, and try to avoid the guards that can see you, so I suspect that you just hack, and slash your way through the city, and never read the entire quests.

02/08/2018 01:48 AMPosted by Myril
02/08/2018 01:43 AMPosted by Galana

Hey, do me a favour would ya? Log in to that character, type /played, and post the result here please

Those hours were doing things I enjoyed, progessing my character, doing dungeons with friends, getting gold, etc. 8 hours of doing boring quests, making minimal gold, and getting bored is 8 hours I would not enjoy. I hate the Nightfallen, I hate their story, and their zone lags on my computer.

If your characters receive a benefit, then they progressed. Those quests deliver flight, gear, toys, and possibly a very cool mount that looks like a red fox. It seems that you should be playing another genre of game, because you fail to understand how games like WoW operate. I also suspect that you're a millennial, and you have a very short attention span.

The game isn't made for you. Good riddance. Also, I want none of your stuff, either, because I work for my own, and there's satisfaction in that, however, you wouldn't even understand that concept based upon what you wrote.
02/08/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Ivanka
I just realized I have to do an entire questline with no rewards to get flying. How long does it take if I sit down and grind it out from beginning to end? I never started it.

Stupid junkie elves... it's really making me not want to play period. From what I know, there's not even a cool reward for doing it.

The reward is your flying, and the quests are very interesting, and fun since they're so clandestined. You're supposed to use your disguise, and try to avoid the guards that can see you, so I suspect that you just hack, and slash your way through the city, and never read the entire quests.

02/08/2018 01:48 AMPosted by Myril

Those hours were doing things I enjoyed, progessing my character, doing dungeons with friends, getting gold, etc. 8 hours of doing boring quests, making minimal gold, and getting bored is 8 hours I would not enjoy. I hate the Nightfallen, I hate their story, and their zone lags on my computer.

If your characters receive a benefit, then they progressed. Those quests deliver flight, gear, toys, and possibly a very cool mount that looks like a red fox. It seems that you should be playing another genre of game, because you fail to understand how games like WoW operate. I also suspect that you're a millennial, and you have a very short attention span.

The game isn't made for you. Good riddance. Also, I want none of your stuff, either, because I work for my own, and there's satisfaction in that, however, you wouldn't even understand that concept based upon what you wrote.

Great. Now I'm going to have to do it just to come back here and wipe my achievement in your smarmy elitist face.
Total about 2 days gathering the mana for the lay lines was a pain but after mana is kinda wortheless ;p
02/08/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Ivanka
I also suspect that you're a millennial

I don't understand this ridiculous assumption that anyone born at a certain time is automatically weaker, or dumber, or lesser than the previous generation.

Well...there is the Nightborne Race, and the Arcanist’s Manasaber Mount...so there’s that for a reward :)

Pushing I did it in 2 days at maybe 5 hours a day on my second account. I am not the fastest quester though and I tend to get lost in the city.
You also get a lot of artifact power. I mean it's not like those 2-3 billion ap world quests on Argus but it's something.
How long really depends on a lot of factors. Like free time, endurance of grinding this out, gear, class, ability to figure out puzzles and pathing problems. For me it took a while because I’m busy in real life and I just can’t sit and play all day. It took a while, the trick is to be patient and just chip at it when you can. Same with all the faction questing/ grinding you need to do as well. Just keep with it.
02/08/2018 04:45 AMPosted by Espur
I don't understand this ridiculous assumption that anyone born at a certain time is automatically weaker, or dumber, or lesser than the previous generation.

[/quote]

Moral judgments, including those that aren't consciously framed in terms of right and wrong, are by and large the result of rationalizing one's gut reactions to something. Consequently, it is likely that since many people are made to feel uncomfortable by change and the unfamiliar, they construct a narrative to justify their feelings. The narrative doesn't actually have to be more than superficially internally consistent though.

My First suramar completion took about eight weeks, much of which spent grinding rep to get through the rep gates.

currently if you get a friend with flying to uber you around, it might take 2-3 hours. if you (as i suspect) don't have any friends and are unwilling to pay someone to uber you, it may take 5-6 hours (nonstop)

No it's not 8 hours. Even if you're a slow reader and reads all the questline and such. It's take about 1-2hours. 2 hours top especially since we 1 shot everything at this point. It's about the whole Argus questline x2.
Guys leave him alone. Hey mate Suramar really is a very long grind. It was worse before but at least they don't time gate anymore.

The The Good Surmaritan will probably take you 10-15 hours depending how much progress you make so it really sucks so it's ok if you don't want to do it. I finished all the mandatory rep grinds and Pathfinder is nothing to !@#$ with if your not committed.

Many people here legit waste there lives playing this game and get mad when others don't want to be like them. So just take your time, enjoy the game, and grind while having fun because it will be just more tedious if you don't enjoy it.
02/08/2018 01:38 AMPosted by Nydri
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Are you serious?! It's that long? Well, thanks for telling me before I got started. Between this and the rep grind, I'm out.

You're seriously not willing to spend even 8 hours of your life, give or take, even spread out with breaks, to finish the questline? Imagine the people that did the Suramar questlines BEFORE they removed the reputation requirements for certain quests, as well as the one quest a week thing for Insurrection.

8 Hours, not even if you work fast enough, is nothing compared to what a bunch of other people spent doing it.

i never did it either,a few hours of quests lot if you are burnt out on questing

i dont even go out on the isle much either, so not worth it to me
You'd have never got it when it was time gated!
You get like 100 billion + AP & a ton of nightfallen faction from it. Since you need it for flying you have clearly never done it on any toon, so it's definitely worth doing at least once.

If you have a friend / guildy with the Vial of the Sands or RAF mount, ask them to taxi you around -it's a big time saver for parts of the chain.

At the very least, be sure to get your water strider mount. That helps in navigating downtown Eliteville in Suramar.