How long does Suramar questline take?

General Discussion
I wouldn’t say there’s no reward. The quest chain provides more AP than any other one, & you get a mount at the end, plus now unlock the ability to make a nightborne character. Probably the most reward heavy quest chain in the game.
02/08/2018 01:30 AMPosted by Myril
I just realized I have to do an entire questline with no rewards to get flying. How long does it take if I sit down and grind it out from beginning to end? I never started it.

Stupid junkie elves... it's really making me not want to play period. From what I know, there's not even a cool reward for doing it.

You know whats ironic? The fact you would waste time complaining on the forums about the game instead of using that time to put towards the game.

The quests and rep are beyond easy. I just started playing a week ago and I quit before argus release. I'm already almost Exalted with High Mountain and will hit revered with Nightborne and then some today. I even have most of the Suramar quest line already finished.

Face it op you're either lazy or hist dont want to play the game. Furthermore, if rep grinding is that bad for you then just wait till release. I doubt blizz will keep the rep requirements once BfA drops. Blizz isnt gonna force people to do old content for sub races.
02/08/2018 01:38 AMPosted by Nydri
02/08/2018 01:35 AMPosted by Myril
Are you serious?! It's that long? Well, thanks for telling me before I got started. Between this and the rep grind, I'm out.

You're seriously not willing to spend even 8 hours of your life, give or take, even spread out with breaks, to finish the questline? Imagine the people that did the Suramar questlines BEFORE they removed the reputation requirements for certain quests, as well as the one quest a week thing for Insurrection.

8 Hours, not even if you work fast enough, is nothing compared to what a bunch of other people spent doing it.

As I've said..

These people are lazy...

Whining brats...want everything handed to them
02/08/2018 01:48 AMPosted by Myril
I hate the Nightfallen, I hate their story, and their zone lags on my computer.

I've heard that a lot, sadly. Yet Suramar and the Nightfallen questline was my favorite part of Legion. :/

And I even did it on my Alliance guy back when it had the rep requirements.
It's more like 2 weeks or so due to time gated reps.
02/08/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Luscion
It's more like 2 weeks or so due to time gated reps.

nothing is rep gated except the mount, now. the "earn %replevel" quests are still there, but nothing is locked behind them.
02/08/2018 04:45 AMPosted by Espur
02/08/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Ivanka
I also suspect that you're a millennial

I don't understand this ridiculous assumption that anyone born at a certain time is automatically weaker, or dumber, or lesser than the previous generation.

It's how the so-called "mature" try to stay relevant by demeaning people no more than 10 years younger than them - sometimes 5 at best.

Last I checked, the people ruining our prospective countries by making dumb decisions are often Baby Boomers. Uh-oh!
02/08/2018 01:30 AMPosted by Myril
I just realized I have to do an entire questline with no rewards to get flying. How long does it take if I sit down and grind it out from beginning to end? I never started it.

Stupid junkie elves... it's really making me not want to play period. From what I know, there's not even a cool reward for doing it.

It depends on your item level. If you're 910+, which I actually strongly recommend because questing there is much easier and also doesn't take long at all (unlock Argus, do the main quests there first, then do WQ's to farm Veiled Argunite and upgrade your gear), Suramar content will be a breeze. If you are still in the 800s, it will take you a while. Some of the inner-city zones and quests are pretty tough and you will often get swarmed by elite mobs. You can pretty much easily get through 60% of the main Suramar quests without any issues, but anything beyond that will start to be a headache.

Also: there is a cool reward. It's called Legion flying. :P
02/08/2018 01:31 AMPosted by Nopalev
Maybe ~8 hours

Are you serious?! It's that long? Well, thanks for telling me before I got started. Between this and the rep grind, I'm out.

Bye
Maybe ~8 hours

Could be worse.

Could be months like it use to be.
Maybe ~8 hours

8 hours? It took me 3~4 6 hour days!
if you are well geared it wont take to long, however if not parts are annoying

slow and steady is the way to do it if you ask me just do one or two branches of it a night and you will have it inside of a week
02/08/2018 01:52 AMPosted by Galana
8 hours of doing boring quests, making minimal gold, and getting bored is 8 hours I would not enjoy.

Did you completely miss the post where I literally said it takes 2-3 hours tops? It's nowhere near 8 hours long.

their zone lags on my computer

What kind of potato are you playing on anyway? I got a mate with a GTX650 and he says Suramar runs perfectly fine

I have a late 2012 imac which wasn't good for wow new, and I still had no problem with Suramar. I sort of sympathize with you, i had all the rep requirements and part2(the broken shore) stuff done and I still procrastinated for 6 weeks on finishing Suramar. When I was done? I actually enjoyed the questline and felt stupid for avoiding it.
Couple hours. I do not remember if there are any mission board gates. Probably is though.
Maybe ~8 hours

There has to at least 100+ quests, plus having to do raids and dungeons queues. How do you do that in 8 hours?

Plus the damn place is not easy to navigate with ever second NPC seeing through you disguise. Also running out of the damn mana is a pain. It is just not enjoyable at all. If they wanted to make the flying requirement a longer time sink, there was other ways to go about it. Will not go back to this zone once done for any reason.

The Manasaber of the First Arcanist FLIES!?

I never even tried...xD
02/08/2018 01:35 AMPosted by Phyllaa
Maybe ~8 hours

Really? It's simple the quests are easy this late in the game.
Some people are just so damn lazy... lol
I remember several times being told to come back once I had a certain rep and this was from a few months ago on my paladin so it is still gated at least for your first character.
I smell bait