Please, increase leveling speed...

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 13 Next
02/11/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Saralocks
02/11/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Nadzar
It's not 1 shotting everything and playing on God mode.

List one post of mine where I am asking to revert leveling back to the point where I am going to 1 shot everything.

02/11/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Nadzar
Get better at the game

Oh jeez, this is coming from an LFR Hero? My god...

Have I even done that much LFR on this toon to be considered a LFR hero?

Also, nice 956 ilvl. It's cute. But still weak.
02/11/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Nadzar
Like I said. Blizzard gave us a happy medium.

It doesnt seem very happy, it just seems like a medium.

Im going to wager theres more people complaining about it taking longer now than there was about it being too easy before. Minimal about scaling, maximum about time. There's even people loving the difficulty that agree its too long.

Who benefits the most from it being longer for longer's sake?

Happy medium blizz and their boosts and MAU system of financial success.
Instead of saying "Great, the appeased both sides of the player base with this move". It is nothing but bashing the leveling, bashing the looms, bashing the company, the game and so on.
Except it isn't and hasn't appeased both sides. It's catered to increase time played and as a side effect happened to fall in line with what slower levelers wanted. Again your "perfectly in the middle" isn't, it's great you think that but it's not perfectly in the middle to me and others. It's like you said :
02/11/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Nadzar
You can't contribute to a conversation when people refuse to accept someone else's opinion.
You just don't want to accept someone (or anyone) else's opinion.

When we try to have real discussions and our opinions differ from theirs we get a bunch of passive aggressive responses or get insulted ourselves.
The only time I've seen people get lambasted is when they first make the underhanded comments/insults themselves, it applies to both sides of the argument. Try not jumping to insults and not so passive aggressiveness for a change ie like your post page 8.

You all can dish it out but are quick to get upset or hit that report button the minute you get called out on your bs.
I haven't dished out anything, so yet again your generalization are fairly bad.

The only reason I ignore or report anyone is when they are intentionally trying to bait people or just doing nothing but insulting. And even then its only a small amount ignore, just the usual trolls that have been around since the Wrath forums.
I think they overdid the whole heirloom thing. Only few heirloom pieces but make them strong.

Now we have one for every slot!
02/11/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Sisterspite
I think they overdid the whole heirloom thing. Only few heirloom pieces but make them strong.

Now we have one for every slot!

Would love to see feet, belt, hands and wrist slots for heirlooms. Even with each piece to give 10% Experience boost per slot equipped, that would be enough to make leveling quick enough again.
I'm really enjoying leveling. Gives me something to do till BfA
02/11/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Yrelina
02/11/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Loxa
...You are not the arbiter of how a game should be. You need to come down off the high horse.

...Still calling BS on that.

Neither are you. Get off your high horse.

They aren't telling people how they are meant to play. They've been asking for an option to level quickly for those of us who don't feel like slowly grinding out 90 levels just for transmog.
02/11/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Saralocks
All I am requesting is please, increase the speed of leveling with heirlooms equipped. After all, I sent Justice Points to get most of them, spent a lot of gold upgrading them, and would like to use them what they were primarily been used for, to speed through the levels.

Yea most of mine were farmed during WOTLK era. Whole point in them was to make leveling alot faster for players who had allready seen the content.

Another option Blizzard could do is like Everquest 2 for each max level toon you have your account gets a buff where other non max level toons gain a percentage more xp.
I invested god knows how much gold into heirlooms so it wouldn't take me anywhere near as long to kill enemies/level up. Blizz has destroyed one of those and slightly changed one of the others.

I bought heirlooms for a reason, why exactly are they in the game if Blizzard wants us to level at a rate they want to set?
I hit 41 the other day on an alt just to play with friends. Don't ask me how I did it. I have loose knowledge of it. At least before there was a path...now it's "choose your own adventure" and what that's done to me is make me go to a new zone the second I hit an annoying quest. Too many people leveling up in an area with a garbage spawn rate? Move along. I refuse to basically do anything without rested xp so the character sits there in a city and I only play it one day a week. This is with full heirlooms. I can't imagine how pitiful it must be without.
you know, a good gain would be maybe about 5% - 15% increased xp gained.
About to start wod after finally dinging 90 on my VE warlock, and holy hell, it' been absolutely terrible up to this point. The nostalgia wore off after about 10 minutes. Once I realized that I've done all this same crap before countless times, it felt like I'm being forced to do a stupid chore. It felt so tedious and mind numbing.

They couldn't meet people in the middle with this? They couldn't think of a way to not gut dungeon crawling so that people who despise questing, because they've done it hundreds of times before, have a choice?
02/11/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Chishuk
Now you have to press more buttons and actually play the game! I still don't see where the issue is between "actually playing the game" being bad and "pressing 2-3 buttons thousands of times until level 100" being at all good.
I pretty much press 3 buttons now, who are you kidding? I can also solo group quests and pull groups of 8+ mobs and survive just fine. And I'm pretty sure I was still "playing the game" back when leveling was faster. Your opinion is not the same as fact.
02/11/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Chishuk
! I still don't see where the issue is between "actually playing the game" being bad and "pressing

You make it sound as if there hasn't been pruning done! Just because stuff don't die as quickly doesn't mean the pruning can't be felt with only 2-3 buttons really being relevant through out the experience!

It's even worse now since the class design now revolves around the artifact weapons, so you're barely scratching the surface in learning your class as relevant spells and passive effects are absent through out.

Edit: I was never a fan of the pruning they've done to classes and frankly leveling once again only highlights my distaste for that decision, the absence can really be felt.
02/11/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Voidyxia
you know, a good gain would be maybe about 5% - 15% increased xp gained.

The speed of leveling was slowed down from 30-40%. 5-15% would still feel like we're being punished for having and using heirlooms, though would be somewhat faster
02/11/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Evylline
About to start wod after finally dinging 90 on my VE warlock, and holy hell, it' been absolutely terrible up to this point. The nostalgia wore off after about 10 minutes. Once I realized that I've done all this same crap before countless times, it felt like I'm being forced to do a stupid chore. It felt so tedious and mind numbing.

They couldn't meet people in the middle with this? They couldn't think of a way to not gut dungeon crawling so that people who despise questing, because they've done it hundreds of times before, have a choice?

My shaman is 59 and its been brutal, dungeon queues are getting longer every lvl and it's showing how bad this pos patch has been
There's more to an enjoyable leveling experience than just "mobs that take long to kill" or "having to eat/drink after a pull." I wouldn't mind the pace of leveling right now if it wasn't for the lack interaction.
On my warrior I had all my relevant DPS abilities at 40. He is 102 now and I've been playing exactly the same since 40. Apart from the tiered talents, I haven't felt any meaningful growth on my character for a long time. Even gear is largely irrelevant; the difference between a 200 ilvl item and a 400 ilvl item stats is only single digits.
People are calling back to vanilla WoW a lot here. Well, back then you gained new abilities every level and if you didn't, you still had talent points so the sense of progression was always there.
Obviously the design of WoW has shifted more towards max level content since then but it's because of that for several people, such as myself, 7.3.5 leveling hasn't been satisfying. Not that dungeon spamming was all that riveting but it did at least get you through the barren leveling experience faster.
02/11/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Cain
With looms I'm at 27 hours and I'm only level 60. Leveling is a lot more fun but even I have to admit it's way too slow.

That's because the amount of XP needed to level increased between levels 10 to 60.

From levels 60 to 110, there's been absolutely no change to how much XP is needed to level. Dungeon XP was nerfed, but quests are still roughly the same at levels 60 and above.

For instance, in Gorgrond I was getting around 30k XP per quest with full heirlooms. After the patch, I'm still getting around 30k XP in Gorgrond per most quest. Gorgrond was always the exception to the rule and gave more XP per quest than any other zone in WoD.

It's much slower prior to level 60, not sure why Blizzard felt the need to make it longer to level, it wasn't needed or necessary.
lol @ people.

"i need to do stuff faster so i can spend the next 6 months complaining that there's nothing to do!!"

y'all sound like a bunch of kids during school holidays.
I'm waiting for Blizzard to introduce EXP potions and you all realize they want to bleed you dry.