"I love the leveling changes!!"

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
As stated, I wear them for transmog purposes, and so I can just vendor all gear I pick up so that I have more gold to spend on transmog styles. Trial of Style is coming back soon!
Less than 10% of all wow players use the forums. Even a majority here is a minority everywhere else.
I LOVE the leveling changes!

So there.
Heirlooms allow me to level without needing to worry as much about gear. The exp boost is nice, but now it's not quite as fast to level anyway, so...yeah. They provide a nice little boost to make things easier. Pretty much it.
02/05/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Virus
02/05/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Matcauthon
And the overwhelming majority like the changes based on polls

Ummm no, the polls are way off, you could ask on MMO Champ forums if they want flying removed outright and the majority of people would say yes because that place is full of hardliners, any polls taken are influenced by the small sample size and group demographics.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that you're the majority.

well based on guilds I'm part of, the majority lvoe the new leveling xD its "slower" but doenst feel like it because of the scaling changes
02/05/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Skrump
Then why are you wearing Heirlooms if you like things to take longer? Most people saying they like the slow pace are using Heirlooms.... Which makes it faster.

Maybe blizz could revert the leveling changes and get rid of the boredom and slog and people that like to take it slow could just not wear Heirlooms or use mounts.

There, everyone is happy.

There's zero relationship between the two (to enjoy the recent changes and usage of heirlooms).

I find the recent changes awesome and I'm using only xp heirlooms, rest of the slots are mostly normal.

I'm enjoying the storylines of the zones and at the same time leveling up new characters.

The new leveling is way more fun if compared to before, heirlooms characters or not doesn't change that fact.
1. because they keep my transmog intact, and 2. because keeping yourself properly geared while leveling is a pain in the butt without em. especially for plate classes—there are so few craftable plate items between the starting levels and 40, you would have to rely almost entirely on quests and random drops to keep up

if blizz were to move the xp bonus off of heirlooms and onto something else, i’d be pretty whatev about it. it’s just a bonus to me
Since we're such a tiny, vocal minority of the community at-large, here's two cents:

I have every class capped out, along with a capped A-side DH.
One was maxxed back in Mists, some during Warlords.
Got two toons to 100 cap through pre-patch Invasions.
Got most of my toons to 110 through Legion Invasions.
I use heirlooms on all five of my AR toons.

Despite this, I don't feel as though heirlooms are such a massive boost anymore. Geared or without, people do fairly similar damage in oldworld content, including dungeons, and it's actually a very satisfying pace to me.

I use Heirlooms for a consistent mog that I rarely have to change.
I use Heirlooms for the slight experience buff - it feels a little smoother - and they're not as OP for world content as they once were, statwise.

Being a Mistsbaby, I'm nostalgic for, y'guessed it - Mists - but even I knew something went wrong with how godmode was suddenly turned on for leveling. Doesn't take a Wrath, BC or Vanilla vet to tell you that Legion specifically went a little too far with Dungeons-or-Die for alt leveling.

On the one hand, I think certain aspects can be changed. It does feel slow in some areas, though I'm taking my time to read quests I've either forgotten about or have never seen due to the faction/zone.

On the other, if you push as hard as you used to, you're likely to level faster through min/maxing zones while completing each dungeon once for their quest experience.
Seen multiple people claim they've beaten their old "quests only" leveling time by an hour or two due to the fact they no longer have to continually move to new zones.

TL;DR -
People have opinions. Mind blown.
02/05/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Sparx
Being a Mistsbaby, I'm nostalgic for, y'guessed it - Mists - but even I knew something went wrong with how godmode was suddenly turned on for leveling. Doesn't take a Wrath, BC or Vanilla vet to tell you that Legion specifically went a little too far with Dungeons-or-Die for alt leveling.

WoD was almost as bad at Legion in that way imo. I might as well be a Catababy, tried to get into the game multiple times before that, including extensively in Vanilla, didn't like it though.

I love when I'm positive about the leveling changes and people claim I have rose colored glasses, or that I'm waiting for Classic. I didn't even !@#$ing like Classic Wow! Despite months of trying to convince myself otherwise.
Then why are you wearing Heirlooms if you like things to take longer?

Maybe people like how they can do a whole zone without outleveling it now? I know I like that. That's what I like about the leveling changes. Maybe you thought only one thing changed?
"The weather is quite nice today"

"WHY YOU WEARIN LONG SLEEVES THEN FAM? CHECKMATE"
02/05/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Paprîka
Then why are you wearing Heirlooms if you like things to take longer?

Maybe people like how they can do a whole zone without outleveling it now? I know I like that. That's what I like about the leveling changes. Maybe you thought only one thing changed?

But it's not fun if you you're not spending half your time traveling to the next zone because you outleveled the zone you were in before.
I specifically love the scaling. Not so much the xp nerf.
02/05/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Odinmar
02/05/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Paprîka

But it's not fun if you you're not spending half your time traveling to the next zone because you outleveled the zone you were in before.
That seems to be what the OP is strawmanning. But they made the zones scale, which fixed the issue of outleveling the zones (mostly).
02/05/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Zevo
Heirlooms don't make it go that much faster.
I guess you need to learn how to do some math.
02/05/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Aleyndras
WoD was almost as bad at Legion in that way imo. I might as well be a Catababy, tried to get into the game multiple times before that, including extensively in Vanilla, didn't like it though.

I love when I'm positive about the leveling changes and people claim I have rose colored glasses, or that I'm waiting for Classic. I didn't even !@#$ing like Classic Wow! Despite months of trying to convince myself otherwise.

Would've mentioned Warlords had started the trend, but I distinctly remember what happened when I initially pointed out that the 'stat squish' had been applied incorrectly to older content, making it a lot easier than it previously was.

A helluva lot of downvotes and hate.

Like, jeez, couple of us still enjoy going through a slightly longer leveling process. Sure, I got a lot of toons leveled up, but spamming LFD because questing was bar-useless by comparison was honestly hellish.
It started Legion's GOGOGO mentality and just lead to some of the worst-behaved groups I've ever experienced.

Contrast to today, I've seen Tanks utilize LoS pulling, CC use on ranged/stray mobs, active mechanic dispelling and moving out of fire.
It's slower, but dammit I'll take slower and more investing, more community-driven and friendly-due-to-not-one-shotting-everything over speed.
E: To also touch on questing, I've seen people flit around. We have brief /wave sharing, or chats, and it just feels wholesome to work together on Elites/harder quests, alongside the more casual mog-sharing and compliments.

I just think changes can be made for those who didn't cap out every class before now.
Ah the good old 'nerf yourself but let me one shot mobs' defense. Game balance has been addressed (finally) and now leveling is in a pretty good spot. I'll level in white gear with reduced experience if I get a sick reward at the end. No, not some stupid achievement or a pat on the back. You can't really defend how broken the leveling was before the patch. I'll be wearing looms while I level my next character. You mad?
I honestly feel like we don't have enough threads complaining about the levelling changes. [sarcasm]
02/05/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Sparx
02/05/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Aleyndras

Would've mentioned Warlords had started the trend, but I distinctly remember what happened when I initially pointed out that the 'stat squish' had been applied incorrectly to older content, making it a lot easier than it previously was.

A helluva lot of downvotes and hate.

Like, jeez, couple of us still enjoy going through a slightly longer leveling process. Sure, I got a lot of toons leveled up, but spamming LFD because questing was bar-useless by comparison was honestly hellish.
It started Legion's GOGOGO mentality and just lead to some of the worst-behaved groups I've ever experienced.

Contrast to today, I've seen Tanks utilize LoS pulling, CC use on ranged/stray mobs, active mechanic dispelling and moving out of fire.
It's slower, but dammit I'll take slower and more investing, more community-driven and friendly-due-to-not-one-shotting-everything over speed.
E: To also touch on questing, I've seen people flit around. We have brief /wave sharing, or chats, and it just feels wholesome to work together on Elites/harder quests, alongside the more casual mog-sharing and compliments.

I just think changes can be made for those who didn't cap out every class before now.

It's kinda funny to see a tank try to pull half a dungeon now and watch them drop within seconds as soon as they stop moving. Then that amusement turns to horror as they come for the healer. Then me and the other dps. Rip.
02/05/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Kentaurus
It's kinda funny to see a tank try to pull half a dungeon now and watch them drop within seconds as soon as they stop moving. Then that amusement turns to horror as they come for the healer. Then me and the other dps. Rip.

Some tanks can sooorta pull that off? I've seen some beastly Pally/Priest combos, but they thankfully tend to avoid biting off more than they can chew.
So far.
(I've jinxed it, help me)

No doubt in the world people are either gonna ignore the changes, simply didn't read/see the changes, or.. whatever other reason for it. You're gonna get the 'bad apples' persae, or just brand new tanks in general. Not that they're bad in the same meaning of the word.